• Birthdays

Search found 1334 matches

by BeauFoster
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:24 pm
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Trey Money
Replies: 2
Views: 497

Re: Trey Money

I thought this had to be about Trey Elder.
by BeauFoster
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:33 am
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Coach Clark
Replies: 30
Views: 4202

Re: Coach Clark

Lewis and Clark!
by BeauFoster
Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:34 pm
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Who stays, who goes?
Replies: 604
Views: 45119

Re: Who stays, who goes?

If Missouri played every home game in an empty stadium and got zero alumni money they would probably have more $$ than App with our current situation due to the SEC affiliation, shared bowl and TV revenue. This statement is a little far fetched no doubt but probably not too far from the truth. It i...
by BeauFoster
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:54 pm
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: New Football Coach
Replies: 3
Views: 725

Re: New Football Coach

Yep, reported in a couple different threads already.
by BeauFoster
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:21 pm
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Football Staff
Replies: 134
Views: 11726

Re: Football Staff

MrCraig wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:08 pm
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:27 pm
I thought I read that Gas left for Army to help Woody’s D.
There's a joke here somewhere...
I literally LOL'd when I read it
by BeauFoster
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:20 pm
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: #19 In Final AP Poll
Replies: 76
Views: 4139

Re: #19 In Final AP Poll

Only one AP voter failed to include App State. This guy never voted for us. https://collegepolltracker.com/football/pollster/sam-mckewon/bias/appalachian-state-mountaineers https://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/appalachian-state-mountaineers/2019 Yet he had five 5-loss teams ranked. He did f...
by BeauFoster
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:05 pm
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Who stays, who goes?
Replies: 604
Views: 45119

Re: Who stays, who goes?

I don't get the brilliant and genius talk in reference to Riley. Maybe he is, but were we the first ones(and now SMU) to all the sudden discover this? Did his own head coach brother not even know he had an offensive genius in the family therefore not putting him on the staff at OU? I mean, he came ...
by BeauFoster
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 pm
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Football Staff
Replies: 134
Views: 11726

Re: Football Staff

I'll echo many other sentiments shared in this thread - let's find the best person for the job, who wants to come to Boone, regardless of their alma mater. Just because someone went to App doesn't mean they're going to the the right fit, or at the right time. What you say is true in a perfect world...
by BeauFoster
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:12 am
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Football Staff
Replies: 134
Views: 11726

Re: Football Staff

I'll echo many other sentiments shared in this thread - let's find the best person for the job, who wants to come to Boone, regardless of their alma mater. Just because someone went to App doesn't mean they're going to the the right fit, or at the right time.
by BeauFoster
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:11 am
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Tailgating 2020
Replies: 9
Views: 1092

Re: Tailgating 2020

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:17 am
Would be cool if they paint the Mountaineer script in the cross section.
That's a pretty cool idea. Love it!
by BeauFoster
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:13 am
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: #19 In Final AP Poll
Replies: 76
Views: 4139

Re: #19 In Final AP Poll

The biggest issue with a four-team playoff, from my vantage point, is that there is a consolidation of recruiting power among few schools. There are more 5-Star recruits going to fewer programs than ever before and they do so because of that Championship opportunity and how it's condensed to really...
by BeauFoster
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 am
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: #19 In Final AP Poll
Replies: 76
Views: 4139

Re: #19 In Final AP Poll

First, a hell of a season for the football program with top 20 recognition! Wish App could've squared off against Memphis. As it stands now (4 team playoff), you're completely correct - the odds of a G5 school making the playoff is probably worse than those of being struck by lightning while holdin...
by BeauFoster
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:38 am
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: #19 In Final AP Poll
Replies: 76
Views: 4139

Re: #19 In Final AP Poll

I occasionally see some of the FCS-or-die people on twitter wonder why any school would want to make the move to FBS, saying there's nothing there to play for. Well, I'd say a ranking in the top 20 is a pretty good goal. While I don't want to/intend to disparage FCS as lower-level football, the fac...
by BeauFoster
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:51 am
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Who stays, who goes?
Replies: 604
Views: 45119

Re: Who stays, who goes?

There's a reason that Pete Rose isn't in the HOF - he's off his rocker!
by BeauFoster
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:48 am
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: #19 In Final AP Poll
Replies: 76
Views: 4139

Re: #19 In Final AP Poll

I occasionally see some of the FCS-or-die people on twitter wonder why any school would want to make the move to FBS, saying there's nothing there to play for. Well, I'd say a ranking in the top 20 is a pretty good goal. While I don't want to/intend to disparage FCS as lower-level football, the fact...
by BeauFoster
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:23 am
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Wisconsin
Replies: 32
Views: 2467

Re: Wisconsin

#BeatMorganState What's a Morgan State? Sounds depressing. It’s the 53rd State in the United States of America. The republicans and Democrats think it’s the next great battleground state. Little known fact - Morgan State was added to the union as part of the Annexation of Puerto Rico. #LittleGiants
by BeauFoster
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:35 pm
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Who stays, who goes?
Replies: 604
Views: 45119

Re: Who stays, who goes?

James Rowe announced as a defensive assistant: https://appstatesports.com/news/2020/1/9/-20-football-clark-adds-james-rowe-as-assistant-coach.aspx Comes to us from the Redskins as a DB coach. Was the DC at Valdosta State before that. Pretty solid pedigree right there...Valdosta is historically a go...
by BeauFoster
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:19 pm
Forum: Non-Appalachian General Discussion
Topic: Panthers Hire Baylor’s Matt Rhule
Replies: 63
Views: 2386

Re: Panthers Hire Baylor’s Matt Rhule

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:56 pm
I know of no one that thought Jake was a great QB. Jake was a game manager and a good leader.
And a decent radio guy, too. I enjoy listening to him when I'm on the golf course on Sundays.
by BeauFoster
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:18 pm
Forum: Sun Belt Discussion
Topic: Should the Sun Belt look North?
Replies: 52
Views: 2160

Re: Should the Sun Belt look North?

In my humble opinion: No, we shouldn't look north.
by BeauFoster
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:11 pm
Forum: Appalachian Football
Topic: Who stays, who goes?
Replies: 604
Views: 45119

Re: Who stays, who goes?

The Rock wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:10 pm
Just saw this. Not a name that was on anyone's public radar (on here, anyway).

Go to advanced search

  • Who is online