Jalin Moore Waived

User avatar
NavyApp
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: ENC
Has thanked: 1294 times
Been thanked: 595 times

Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed May 06, 2020 9:14 am

In the Wake of the Jets signing the ageless Frank Gore our guy Jalin Moore has been waived. Personally I didn't care for him being on the Jets just because they are hot mess from top to bottom. Hoping some team with a viable opportunity for playing time picks him up.


FREQS AND GEEKS!

Yosef84
Posts: 2449
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 324 times
Been thanked: 1138 times

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:20 am

I hope Jalin has completely healed from his injury and is ready to show some lucky team exactly what he has to offer. I believe he could be a huge asset to the team who will give him a fair shot!



User avatar
appdaze
Posts: 2627
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:08 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by appdaze » Wed May 06, 2020 8:13 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... or-season/

If he is really done for the season, that is probably his career. He turns 25 in November and has spent almost his whole NFL career injured. Doubtful any team will give him much of a chance after this at his age.



AppStFan1
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 430 times

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:56 am

appdaze wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:13 pm
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... or-season/

If he is really done for the season, that is probably his career. He turns 25 in November and has spent almost his whole NFL career injured. Doubtful any team will give him much of a chance after this at his age.
This is not really a shock and you could be right. This really adds up to what I was hinting at before the draft. The injury was much worse than originally said. I don't know if Moore's camp just kept it under wraps or if it has not healed like they hoped but the word from people I know was that his medical tests came back bad. Many teams took him off their board completely worried about his status. Apparently he has chronic issues so even if he does play again the risk is high so it would not be long.

This is sad to see. When he pulled out of Mobile and then did not work out at the combine or pro day without doing anything last year I figured the injury was really bad and many doctors would not ever clear him. Prayers go up for him.



User avatar
appdaze
Posts: 2627
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:08 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by appdaze » Fri May 08, 2020 9:54 am

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/5/ ... for-season

A number of articles are saying that hes probably out of chances to play now. Granted most of those articles are just copying the same source but if you miss two straight seasons you just need to take what money you have and call it a day. Here is his contract.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-je ... ore-29504/

Looks like 2 years got him a little over a mil. I don't know how much hes had to spend on medical and how much the team spent, but hopefully hes got some of that left. He's a Shelby boy so it wouldn't surprise me to see him around whenever hes officially done.



AppStFan1
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 430 times

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:23 pm

appdaze wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:54 am
https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/5/ ... for-season

A number of articles are saying that hes probably out of chances to play now. Granted most of those articles are just copying the same source but if you miss two straight seasons you just need to take what money you have and call it a day. Here is his contract.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-je ... ore-29504/

Looks like 2 years got him a little over a mil. I don't know how much hes had to spend on medical and how much the team spent, but hopefully hes got some of that left. He's a Shelby boy so it wouldn't surprise me to see him around whenever hes officially done.
Exactly. Hopefully he has some of it. Squeezing one more year is not worth permanent damage that puts you on crutches one day.



EastHallApp
Posts: 5731
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 2575 times
Been thanked: 2103 times

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri May 08, 2020 1:53 pm

I haven't heard much about Jalin since the Jets picked him up. Does anyone know if this is a new injury, or has he just never been able to get all the way back from the original one?



AppStFan1
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 430 times

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:37 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:53 pm
I haven't heard much about Jalin since the Jets picked him up. Does anyone know if this is a new injury, or has he just never been able to get all the way back from the original one?
Last I heard it was the same injury. His medical results given to NFL teams came back very bad from the few people I could gather info from. All teams are different so I would not go all the way to say he may be done but based on what those people gave me I wondered. It looks like he may be. Hated to see it. Jalin had talent and could have played a while if he stayed healthy.



AppinVA
Posts: 12014
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1668 times
Been thanked: 1520 times

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:10 pm

Maybe if/when he gets healthy, he can catch on in Canada.


"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStFan1
Posts: 2205
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 430 times

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:54 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:10 pm
Maybe if/when he gets healthy, he can catch on in Canada.
I have heard that may never happen. If he is healthy enough to play he is good enough to play in the NFL. If he is looking up north in the next year or so it is because NFL doctors advised him his career is over and then I would hope he does not pop up in Canada. I sure hope he gets healthy because he is a good one. I just fear based on what we are seeing and what I heard before that his career, sadly, may be over. Praying it is not. He has a good degree though and I'm sure he will be successful on whatever path he chooses.



AppinVA
Posts: 12014
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1668 times
Been thanked: 1520 times

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:38 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:54 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:10 pm
Maybe if/when he gets healthy, he can catch on in Canada.
I have heard that may never happen. If he is healthy enough to play he is good enough to play in the NFL. If he is looking up north in the next year or so it is because NFL doctors advised him his career is over and then I would hope he does not pop up in Canada. I sure hope he gets healthy because he is a good one. I just fear based on what we are seeing and what I heard before that his career, sadly, may be over. Praying it is not. He has a good degree though and I'm sure he will be successful on whatever path he chooses.
That sucks. That man truly “Gave His ALL for Appalachian State.”


"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 23 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests