NFL Cuts

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

NFL Cuts

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:03 am

The first set of cuts, down to 75 players, must be complete by 4pm Tuesday and the final cuts are this weekend. We already know Mark LeGree was cut by Buffalo after 10 days. Troy Sanders was cut by the Falcons yesterday but it wasn't posted until today. I'll be keeping a watch on the wire and will post updates on who gets cut, put on IR, or put on a practice squad. Will also watch and see if anyone is picked up by another team.

Everyone feel free to post em' if you got em'. As hard as I try I can't be on 24/7 and I'm sure I'll be late picking up some. Here's hoping most of our boys can make the final 53 somewhere.
Last edited by firemoose on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

firemoose

Re: NFL Cuts

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:29 am

As a side note the Bears cut our favorite Ga Sou DT today. Looks like Mr. Russell will have to take his sparkling personality somewhere else.

Also Lanston Tanyi was cut by the Broncos.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:20 pm

firemoose wrote: Also Lanston Tanyi was cut by the Broncos.
Foxxy and APPs are like oil and water.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:34 pm

The Redskins have cut Jeremy Kimbrough. He was doing pretty well until he was hurt. That's going to hurt his chances for a while since he's out for the year because of his shoulder injury. Hope he's able to recover and work out to try and make a team next year. Keep Grinding Jeremy!!!!

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Cory Lynch was cut as well from Tennessee yesterday. Locks to make it are the usuals : Kilgore, Hunter, AE, Martin, DJ Smith, and Quick. Very much "on the fence" Mcray, Miller, Pressley and Fletcher. As of now and somewhat of a surprise, out of all of these guys, Fletcher is the only one who is on the third team. The rest are listed in the "'other"' category. Pressley is #2 returner for Miami. I would expect some of them to make the practice squads.

BurlingtonApp

Unread post by BurlingtonApp » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:43 pm

How about Cadet? Saw him with a few runs in the Saints game yesterday.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:15 pm

BurlingtonApp wrote:How about Cadet? Saw him with a few runs in the Saints game yesterday.
Cadet is still in a pretty good position but he has been in a battle with Khiry Robinson during camp. He's got two problems. One, Payton is really getting his first look at him since he was banned last year. And the second is he had two fumbles last week in the game and that didn't help his cause. He's fourth on the depth chart behind Ingram, Thomas, and Sproles (2nd as a returner) but I don't think the team wants to get rid of him. I think he makes the team and Robinson gets put on the PS but there are a lot of fans that are calling for him to be traded since he does have value. Regardless many teams know what he can do and should he be cut or put on the trading block someone will pick him up. He's pretty much a lock to be somewhere. Just have to stand by and see where that is.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:34 am

AppFan11 wrote:Cory Lynch was cut as well from Tennessee yesterday. Locks to make it are the usuals : Kilgore, Hunter, AE, Martin, DJ Smith, and Quick. Very much "on the fence" Mcray, Miller, Pressley and Fletcher. As of now and somewhat of a surprise, out of all of these guys, Fletcher is the only one who is on the third team. The rest are listed in the "'other"' category. Pressley is #2 returner for Miami. I would expect some of them to make the practice squads.
where did you see the Corey Lynch cut? - I haven't seen that ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:11 am

Lynch was not cut. He's showing as on the roster per ESPN.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:14 am

Seattleapp wrote:Lynch was not cut. He's showing as on the roster per ESPN.
and on the official Titans website... http://www.titansonline.com/team/roster.html

#41 Lynch, Corey App State 6 year vet
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:15 am

Hey my bad, I miss read the transaction that listed Cory Lynch being signed not waived. As of this morning they (TN) have not listed any recent cuts. Also how did I miss not listing Cadet in post above. I agree with Firemoose that Cadet is likely to stick for the reasons he listed... to valuable at a low cost.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Flash...so far Fletcher, Pressley, McCray Miller Cadet Besides the usuals AE, Quick, Kilgore, Hunter and Martin and DJ Smith all have made it through the roster cut to 75, Way to go boys. They all have one more week to show it out.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:09 pm

AppFan11 wrote:Flash...so far Fletcher, Pressley, McCray Miller Cadet Besides the usuals AE, Quick, Kilgore, Hunter and Martin and DJ Smith all have made it through the roster cut to 75, Way to go boys. They all have one more week to show it out.
Thanks 11. I was getting ready to post this but since teams had until 4pm I was waiting to make sure everything was posted. Hopefully our bubble players will have a real good chance to show themselves this week. The next cut is the big one. Good luck to all our players this week. Keep Grinding!!!

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:18 am

firemoose wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:Flash...so far Fletcher, Pressley, McCray Miller Cadet Besides the usuals AE, Quick, Kilgore, Hunter and Martin and DJ Smith all have made it through the roster cut to 75, Way to go boys. They all have one more week to show it out.
Thanks 11. I was getting ready to post this but since teams had until 4pm I was waiting to make sure everything was posted. Hopefully our bubble players will have a real good chance to show themselves this week. The next cut is the big one. Good luck to all our players this week. Keep Grinding!!!
So, does that mean that Corey did get cut?
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:29 am

As of just a few minutes ago Corey appears on the active roster and depth chart of the Titans
---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:51 am

ASUMountaineer wrote:
firemoose wrote:
My apologies. I was working on the 14/15 baseball page while I was also watching the waiver boards. I saw the post by AppFan11 and decided to respond. I saw he hadn't mentioned Corey but I simply forgot to mention him. My bad.

As WV stated Corey made it through this first round of cuts. Hopefully he is getting the time to learn the Titans D. We'll see in their last preseason game.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:46 am

firemoose wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
firemoose wrote:
My apologies. I was working on the 14/15 baseball page while I was also watching the waiver boards. I saw the post by AppFan11 and decided to respond. I saw he hadn't mentioned Corey but I simply forgot to mention him. My bad.

As WV stated Corey made it through this first round of cuts. Hopefully he is getting the time to learn the Titans D. We'll see in their last preseason game.
Sounds great! Thanks to you and the President, WV, for the update!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:32 pm

It's time for a little weekend updating. So far the Jags have cut to 54 so it appears McCray has a good chance of making the final 53. Tenn and San D have cut about half of their's and still no Corey or DJ. As I said in the "Grinding Tonight" thread DJ is pretty much a lock and I believe Corey has a real good chance. Most other teams with App players have not posted many or any cuts yet. The ones I'm watching for are Miami, New Orleans, Detroit, and Dallas. The rest are pretty much locks but this is the NFL so anything is possble.

Teams have until 6pm tomorrow to set their final 53 so we've got a little while to wait.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Is DP eligible for the Practice Squad? He has played well in the preseason but he is still raw as a DB with lots of potential.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:02 pm

AppSt94 wrote:Is DP eligible for the Practice Squad? He has played well in the preseason but he is still raw as a DB with lots of potential.
Yes he is...Every rookie is eligible. Take a look in the "Apps Grinding Tonight" thread. I put up the rules concerning Practice Squads for WVAPP. He was asking if Cadet is eligible (he's not).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”