Armanti Makes Bears Highlight Reel

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: Armanti Makes Bears Highlight Reel

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:18 pm

hapapp wrote:At some point we have accept the reality that AE is not likely to be a factor in the NFL. He is with his third team now and has yet to really stand out.
Actually he was just beginning to get a real shot with Cleveland when he got hurt - I was listening to that game - I believe he had caught a pass and he had been in at QB in the spread + he had just returned a punt something like 15 yards when he was hurt --- With most all marginal players, it is so important to be at the "right place at the right time" ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AtlAppMan
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:34 pm

With most all marginal players, it is so important to be at the "right place at the right time" ---
This is so true at the pro level. I remember John Settle having a great breakout year for the Falcons in '88 and made pro bowl. Then along came Jerry Glanville and Settle, for whatever reason, didn't click with Jerry, and ended up on the outside looking in, eventually ended up with the 'Skins and never recovered.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:54 pm

hapapp wrote:At some point we have accept the reality that AE is not likely to be a factor in the NFL. He is with his third team now and has yet to really stand out.
As much as I don't want to do so, I fear I must agree.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:02 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
With most all marginal players, it is so important to be at the "right place at the right time" ---
This is so true at the pro level. I remember John Settle having a great breakout year for the Falcons in '88 and made pro bowl. Then along came Jerry Glanville and Settle, for whatever reason, didn't click with Jerry, and ended up on the outside looking in, eventually ended up with the 'Skins and never recovered.
Didn't he suffer that serious knee injury while Jerry was there?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Glanville had his favorites. You were either on his list or not. Settle was not.

Another NOT was Bret Favre who Glanville was instrumental in trading. I guess he didn't see the upside with him either. I am not saying Favre didn't do some things to put him in the dog house but just no dog fighting or anything like that.

:lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”