Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

APP Draft Prospects ---

WVAPPeer
School: Other

APP Draft Prospects ---

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:46 pm

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

this site has Parker Collins going in the 5th and Marcus in the 6th with Barrett Burns and John Law as UFAs
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Re: APP Draft Prospects ---

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:46 pm

March 27th will tell everyone a lot. That's our Pro Day and the first good chance for scouts to go hands on with our guys. We'll see who rises and falls after that.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:53 am

I'll be surprised if Collins goes that high. NFL teams don't take chances on undersized guys that early.

After the pro day watch for Gray to get some looks if his metrics are good. The NFL is a numbers league and Gray's size is an asset. I think Gray, Gilcrist, and Cox are the best bets on draft day, zero to two of them get drafted, all are UFA along with Law, Collins, and Burns. Two will be on opening day rosters, two on practice squads. Good luck boys!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:22 pm

Gilchrist is a much better NFL prospect than Law in my opinion. He is much quicker and has the ability to transition well into a 4-3 OLB/safety role to cover TE's and zones frequented by slot receivers. Gray will likely be picked up as an UDFA but is a long shot for a roster spot. Collins is likely someone who will be picked up late or as a FA but make the team. He is a solid run blocker with a motor that never quits and the NFL is in dire need of good road grading offensive lineman.

ASU_MBA

Unread post by ASU_MBA » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:41 pm

From a durability standpoint I would pass on Law. Great when he played but he missed a ton of series and games especially later in his career. No way he holds up in the NFL.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:21 pm

ASU_MBA wrote:From a durability standpoint I would pass on Law. Great when he played but he missed a ton of series and games especially later in his career. No way he holds up in the NFL.
Personally, I think he is too lean to play inside linebacker in a 3-4 and not quite quick enough to play inside in a 4-3 defense. Gilchrist has the ability to be a Thomas Davis or Shaq Thompson like players; safety speed, tweener size, and an instinct for following the ball. I believe he would be better suited with a 4-3 team that plays a lot of nickel. Prior to recent seasons, teams had to adjust to the passing game by playing a 4-2-5 and they give up size with the slot corner.

Seattle laid the blue print with Kam Chancellor and the Panthers picked up Shaq Thompson so that they can stay in base defense while playing nickel coverages; Kennan gives a team the versatility to do that if they want to take that chance. Don't be surprised if the Panthers pick him up to fill the void left by A.J. Klein as a back-up roll for the OLB position in Charlotte.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”