Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Blair and Quick

AtlAppMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Blair and Quick

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Check out the play at 1:38 to go in game (5:50 mark on video). This guy faced same challenges, was covered well but somehow stepped up and made a play.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mo ... ORM=VRDGAR

As opposed to the 9:20 mark

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 am

AtlAppMan wrote:Check out the play at 1:38 to go in game (5:50 mark on video). This guy faced same challenges, was covered well but somehow stepped up and made a play.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mo ... ORM=VRDGAR

As opposed to the 9:20 mark

We get it. The pass COULD have been caught and wasn't. So, do you carry a grudge against the defender who allowed that Montana TD? Those passes get broken up all the time. That's part of the game. Nobody plays perfect ball....not even Armanti. I think it's time to let this one go.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:09 am

If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:29 pm

bigCasu wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:I get what ATL is saying, but I get really frustrated seeing the drop in Montana brought up repeatedly. Quick did have excellent stats in that game and he had saved the final drive with a couple of excellent catches already if my memory serves. I hate that the last one was dropped as well, but I can't continue to beat him up over dropping a pass in nearly arctic conditions after having performed pretty darn well. We always want to blame the "last guy" with an opportunity for a loss, but any drive that ended without a touchdown could be blamed for the loss. Doesn't seem fair to lay it all on the shoulders of one player or one play.
Yes. Lots of plays that could have turned that game. Armanti threw a terrible INT in Montana territory in the 4Q. Our kicker missed a potential go-ahead FG with under 4 minutes left. Our D allowed them to march down the field for the game-winning TD in less than two minutes, including a 15-yard penalty. And if we're being honest, the last pass that Quick "dropped" wasn't exactly a perfect throw.
People forget it was snowing, and cold that day as well. I guess his hands should have been ready as he was falling down without 100% vision.
Wasn't he also being covered by Trumaine Johnson most of that game?

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:41 pm

Although (overall) The Skins stunk it up last night, Quick had a pretty decent game. If he keeps performing like he did last night he will make the final cut, every pass that came his way he caught. Currently, on second team.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Yosef10 wrote:A 2nd round pick coming out of an FCS school who had a near career ending injury didn't turn into "THE man"? I am shocked I tell ya. Who has ever heard of such a thing. :roll: . 6 years in the league is more than double the average career. Sorry he didn't make one catch to win you your football game, oops I mean his football game, nearly a decade ago.

Great post. This is borderline absurd we will rag on Brian Quick but these same guys will defend Taylor Lamb until the cows come home. To each his own i guess. Armanti didn't cut it in the NFL either. What a loser.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:57 pm

I think I've written about this before but let me hit on a few facts...Quick didn't lose the game...one play doesn't lose the game...the game is lost on the entirety of team plays. In fact, Quick caught a long pass of 33 yards downed at the 3 then on ensuing play, app scores and ties the game 7-7...Quick caught another pass for a 1st down that set up a field goal to put App up by 3. On the final drive, Quick...who in my eyes was injured with some type of leg injury caught two passes...one of which was the 4th down where he stretched out and got the yardage by an inch or two. So...right there, he actually put us in contention instead of ending the game on downs pretty much. Yep...final play...dropped pass...but imho, the angle was tough to catch. It might not look like it but how do I know? I was there...on the front row...on the 5 yard line watching with Robert Martin app89. For those critical...a few questions...were you there? It was colder than a mother in law's love...by the final play it was 4 degrees...and snowy. Yep, the Montana receiver made a helluva a grab just a minute and a half earlier but so what! It was the best/worst game I've ever seen...I hated the end...but don't blame Quick...if you weren't there to actually be aware of the factors involved...you really don't have a leg to stand on.

appstate2008

Unread post by appstate2008 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:12 pm

"Attacking an amateur athlete for doing everything right... Where are we at in society today? Come after me! I'm a man! I'm 40!"
-Coach Mullet

But seriously, Quick did nothing but make App State Better. Respect.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:32 am

As someone who has complained in the past about that dropped pass, I'll own it and admit my anger/frustration was that of a fan wanting to see our team continue playing. It's a "what might have been" type of emotion. The AE years were special and losing that game with a foot in the endzone only to see the ball fall to the turf was tough...even today it's still hard to think about. But yes, Quick has been a solid citizen and deserves our support and respect.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:38 am

Hell, if Armanti had not been hurt he would have run it in for the TD - then run for the 2-point extra point and won the game ---

And by the way, I see no relative association in this quote???
"Great post. This is borderline absurd we will rag on Brian Quick but these same guys will defend Taylor Lamb until the cows come home. To each his own i guess."
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:41 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:Hell, if Armanti had not been hurt he would have run it in for the TD - then run for the 2-point extra point and won the game ---

And by the way, I see no relative association in this quote???
"Great post. This is borderline absurd we will rag on Brian Quick but these same guys will defend Taylor Lamb until the cows come home. To each his own i guess."

Everyone knows you are the president of the Taylor Lamb fan club and that's fine, but I've seen people go nuts defending him after poor performances against our best opponents but people seem to have not much trouble ragging on Brian Quick years later over one dropped pass in the snow. That is the the association. It's just a funny observation.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Weirdos.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:04 pm

I don't rag on any of our players for their play on the field - never have, never will ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Good news for Brian: Jay Gruden
On WR Brian Quick:
“Brian Quick has been impressive. He is a big, physical guy. When he gets going, he has got some great long speed and he is a physical guy. I have been impressed with Brian. So, you just add another one to the mix, keep those guys fresh and rotated. I am happy about that.”

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:04 am

Even if I hate the Deadskins that's good to hear.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:50 am

biggie wrote:Even if I hate the Deadskins that's good to hear.
hard to hate a franchise that's been so incredibly inept for 2 decades. this coming from someone who use to live and die with them on Sundays.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:19 am

proasu89 wrote:
biggie wrote:Even if I hate the Deadskins that's good to hear.
hard to hate a franchise that's been so incredibly inept for 2 decades. this coming from someone who use to live and die with them on Sundays.
My wife is a redskins fan, I'm cowboys, I get to hate them all season.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Quick looking good today. Caught a tough pass for a 1st down and blocking well downfield.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Oooooo, just dropped a TD pass on 3rd and goal. That won't help him.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:29 pm

appstate77 wrote:Oooooo, just dropped a TD pass on 3rd and goal. That won't help him.
The announcers weren't kind. Talked about how he had failed to live up to expectations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”