Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Blair and Quick

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Blair and Quick

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:08 pm

Blair pushed to 3rd team and in danger of getting cut. Quick in the same boat unless he steps it up.

Boone Goon

Re: Blair and Quick

Unread post by Boone Goon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:18 pm

Unfortunately, I think Quick is on borrowed time.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Blair is better suited as a 4-3 DE I think. Not sure what SF is running right now

Quick has lasted longer in the league than I thought he would tbh

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Quick has never stepped up in the Pros much like he didn't in the Montana game.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:48 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:Quick has never stepped up in the Pros much like he didn't in the Montana game.
Well isn't this a flaming hot take

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:26 am

AtlAppMan wrote:Quick has never stepped up in the Pros much like he didn't in the Montana game.
Despite the crucial drop, he caught 10 passes for 135 yards.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:22 am

You must not have been at the Elon game.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:50 am

Dropped TD in end zone in Ann Arbor, anyone????

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:03 am

Blocked FG in same game.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:15 am

biggie wrote:Blocked FG in same game.
According to the new book, it wasn't him.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:22 am

Good lord. Let's trash one of our best players ever by dragging out every mistake he ever made.

Quick hasn't had a stellar NFL career based on where he was drafted. But he's still in the league entering his sixth season. He's certainly had a better career than some of our other stars who were drafted relatively high, despite a nearly career-ending injury and never playing with a decent QB.

Best of luck to him this year.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:46 am

Let me clarify my earlier brief snippet as some took it the wrong way (I understand it could be taken that way due to brevity). When I say Step Up I mean in context of making Championship winning or career making plays (i.e. Montana semi-final, NFL career). I am just making observations on facts and not trying to get in a dig on Quick.

I think Quick did a lot of very good things at App. He came in with little high school experience so his learning curve had to be faster as a result. In numerous games he did very good things. I never said he laid an egg but to the contrary he was one of our best receivers in school history. In the Montana game he had some good stats, however, in one of his biggest games he didn't get it done when the game was on the line and required someone to step up and make a big play. Remember, one of the Montana receivers DID make a huge reception in their end zone for a critical TD. So my statement stands that he didn't STEP UP and make the big play when the game was on the line at Montana. And this was one of HIS biggest games based on importance.

In the NFL, he has had chances for six years to become The Man on his roster and he either has not or cannot become a stand out receiver at that level. He is a middling WR at best. Therefore this is why I said he has not stepped up. I mean he never became a TO or Randy Moss level guy which I had hoped he would or at least get close.

SpeedkingATL

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:02 am

Quick has had an okay NFL career but let's face it, he has been on some lousy offensive teams with questionable QB play. Anyone that makes an NFL roster at any time has to be considered exceptional. Here's hoping Quick and Blair have some time left. I wouldn't mind seeing either in a Falcons uniform and think they could contribute all though the 3-4 defense isn't the best fit for Blair IMO.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:12 am

A 2nd round pick coming out of an FCS school who had a near career ending injury didn't turn into "THE man"? I am shocked I tell ya. Who has ever heard of such a thing. :roll: . 6 years in the league is more than double the average career. Sorry he didn't make one catch to win you your football game, oops I mean his football game, nearly a decade ago.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:17 am

Randy Moss was a once-in-a-generation talent, and TO wasn't far behind. No offense ATL, but if that's what you expected from Quick, you were probably a little unrealistic. No one thought he'd be that - if they had, he'd have been a top 5 pick.

BTW Quick is coming off the best season of his career. 41 catches for 564 yards with Case Keenum and Jared Goff playing QB.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:55 am

An if you didnt see his catch at camp the other day go look. His injury was horrific. the fact that he even played last year is amazing.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:30 am

Quick has a 500 yard season and was on pace for a 1,000 yard season prior to his injury and is, for all intents and purposes, referred to as a bum on this board. If he gets playing time with Cousins, he could have the breakout year he never could get with the Rams.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:54 am

I get what ATL is saying, but I get really frustrated seeing the drop in Montana brought up repeatedly. Quick did have excellent stats in that game and he had saved the final drive with a couple of excellent catches already if my memory serves. I hate that the last one was dropped as well, but I can't continue to beat him up over dropping a pass in nearly arctic conditions after having performed pretty darn well. We always want to blame the "last guy" with an opportunity for a loss, but any drive that ended without a touchdown could be blamed for the loss. Doesn't seem fair to lay it all on the shoulders of one player or one play.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Yosef84 wrote:I get what ATL is saying, but I get really frustrated seeing the drop in Montana brought up repeatedly. Quick did have excellent stats in that game and he had saved the final drive with a couple of excellent catches already if my memory serves. I hate that the last one was dropped as well, but I can't continue to beat him up over dropping a pass in nearly arctic conditions after having performed pretty darn well. We always want to blame the "last guy" with an opportunity for a loss, but any drive that ended without a touchdown could be blamed for the loss. Doesn't seem fair to lay it all on the shoulders of one player or one play.
Yes. Lots of plays that could have turned that game. Armanti threw a terrible INT in Montana territory in the 4Q. Our kicker missed a potential go-ahead FG with under 4 minutes left. Our D allowed them to march down the field for the game-winning TD in less than two minutes, including a 15-yard penalty. And if we're being honest, the last pass that Quick "dropped" wasn't exactly a perfect throw.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:38 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:I get what ATL is saying, but I get really frustrated seeing the drop in Montana brought up repeatedly. Quick did have excellent stats in that game and he had saved the final drive with a couple of excellent catches already if my memory serves. I hate that the last one was dropped as well, but I can't continue to beat him up over dropping a pass in nearly arctic conditions after having performed pretty darn well. We always want to blame the "last guy" with an opportunity for a loss, but any drive that ended without a touchdown could be blamed for the loss. Doesn't seem fair to lay it all on the shoulders of one player or one play.
Yes. Lots of plays that could have turned that game. Armanti threw a terrible INT in Montana territory in the 4Q. Our kicker missed a potential go-ahead FG with under 4 minutes left. Our D allowed them to march down the field for the game-winning TD in less than two minutes, including a 15-yard penalty. And if we're being honest, the last pass that Quick "dropped" wasn't exactly a perfect throw.
People forget it was snowing, and cold that day as well. I guess his hands should have been ready as he was falling down without 100% vision.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”