Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ducks on the Great Lakes

ericsaid
School: Appalachian State

Ducks on the Great Lakes

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:09 pm

Clifton Duck has been getting quite a bit of press for an undrafted rookie. He seems to be mentioned in almost every practice report for an interception or some other play that is notable. Many people here should be able to see him in action against Will Grier/Taylor Heinickie and the Carolina Panthers on Thursday at 8:00 PM.

"The defense was making plays all day as usual. Another defensive player making a splash is undrafted rookie Clifton Duck. Today he read a play beautifully and undercut the route for an interception."

Bears Practice Report

Rick83

Re: Ducks on the Great Lakes

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 am

Man, I hope Duck makes the roster. Does anyone know if they're giving him any looks as a punt returner? Even in a back-up role?

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:26 am

Rick83 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 am
Man, I hope Duck makes the roster. Does anyone know if they're giving him any looks as a punt returner? Even in a back-up role?
The only information I've read is his play on defense. I think as it stands now, due to Kyle Fuller and Prince Amukamara, Duck is a Practice Squad lock, so long as he stays healthy. If he can contribute on Special Teams and proves himself even with the 2nd guy on either side of the depth chart, he should stick on the Active Roster. For someone like Duck, the Preseason Games, rather than Practice, is where his money will be made. You can get physical in practice but it's all half speed. If he continues to show his play making ability that we all saw in Knoxville for the first time on Thursday, and he gets a shot at punt returner, I'd expect his reps to increase.

If Duck was 3 inches taller and 15 pounds heavier he's probably a 2nd round pick. As it stands, he's a smaller outside zone defender and may be able to man up as a smallish nickel with inside or outside help. Will be interesting to see how his size affects his play at the NFL level.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:39 am

Rick83 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 am
More Duck Work

Another link for Duck. Can't read because it's behind Firewall.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”