Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Duck playing tonight? Panthers at Bears

BeauFoster
School: Appalachian State

Re: Duck playing tonight? Panthers at Bears

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:34 am

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:52 am
BeauFoster wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:39 am
I did notice Duck totally ducked out of tackling Holyfield on his last TD. It would have been a hit on the goal line, and he would not have stopped the score, but when you're fighting for your professional life, sidestepping may not help in the long run. Of course, I wasn't on the field and it was a quick look, so he might have just not been able to get more than a hand out on him.

Thought Duck played pretty well, though. Was a physical as he was in college, which he will need in the NFL.
I thought he got caught up with another defender and was basically mowed over. Someone from the Bears defense went flying near the pylon on that play.
That could completely be the case - like I said, I didn't get a great view of it so couldn't be sure. He's never been one to shy away from contact on the defensive side of the ball (except when he's playing matador), so it would have been out of character for him to run away from the play.
Give 'em hell!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:43 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:51 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:38 am
Duck and Hayes had good nights. Actually makes me more concerned for our defense in 2019. Those guys will be tough to replace.
Now wouldn't you say that hearing about the Myquon Stout (NFL), Austin Exford (NFL), Tae Hayes (NFL), and Clifton Duck (NFL) replacements would be interesting?

That's an impressive group and even if none of them were drafted it's a huge thing that has gone unsaid here. App lost four starters on defense and all four are now in the NFL, in some capacity.
It is and I hate to lose them all but a couple doses of reality. With where they are all listed all 4 won't be on a NFL roster in say 3 weeks from now, maybe not in 2 weeks. Remember Justin Seaverns? He led the Dolphins in tackles in the preseason his rookie year and still got cut. The issue is when you are playing in the second half teams know you are doing well against future XFL and CFL guys and basically NFL rejects for most part. If you are doing so well you will make it in the NFL then you should move up the depth chart and get in games in the first half by the 3rd preseason game.

With that said, those 4 were good ones. I personally think Hayes makes it before Duck would or both end up on a practice squad.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:47 pm

unfortunately it's a long shot for Duck and Hayes both but I hope they do well! Duck has the advantage of being an excellent punt returner also, but that probably isn't enough to overcome his size (lack of). He was great at App and I hope he gets his shot in the NFL.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:47 pm
unfortunately it's a long shot for Duck and Hayes both but I hope they do well! Duck has the advantage of being an excellent punt returner also, but that probably isn't enough to overcome his size (lack of). He was great at App and I hope he gets his shot in the NFL.
That is the way I feel. No way we get lucky and all 4 of those defenders make a NFL roster. I hope so and I believe they all can play somewhere but I don't see more than 1-2 of them making at least a practice squad in the NFL.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”