App State rookies on NFL depth charts

ericsaid
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:33 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:09 pm
Tae Hayes with some great coverage on a 6'4" WR just now. A little trickery and double move by the Iggles, but Tae read it and had the interception, but dropped it. Now there's Tae with the tackle. Go get 'em Tae!
Looks like he could be 2nd string candidate. Nature of the NFL likely relegates him to Practice Squad though.



ericsaid
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:34 am

Not a Rookie but Doug Middleton had 5 tackles and Quon got his first tackle last night.



ericsaid
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:37 am

Lastly

If you get NFL Network, Duck and the Bears will be in New York taking on the Giants at 7:30 PM EST. Would expect Duck to be on Special Teams throughout the game and on defense in the 2nd quarter through the 4th.



WataugaMan
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 638 times
Been thanked: 549 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:49 am

Although not a rookie, I saw Brian Quick on special teams last night for the Skins. Note: I only watched one half of a quarter, looks like another long season ahead for us Redskin fans.



ericsaid
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:57 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:49 am
Although not a rookie, I saw Brian Quick on special teams last night for the Skins. Note: I only watched one half of a quarter, looks like another long season ahead for us Redskin fans.
Much better squad with better ownership, management, and product only a short 2 hour drive down the mountain from you. Come on over from the dark side.



WataugaMan
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 638 times
Been thanked: 549 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:49 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:57 am
WataugaMan wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:49 am
Although not a rookie, I saw Brian Quick on special teams last night for the Skins. Note: I only watched one half of a quarter, looks like another long season ahead for us Redskin fans.
Much better squad with better ownership, management, and product only a short 2 hour drive down the mountain from you. Come on over from the dark side.
Currently I'm not on the mountain, I'm in Southern Maryland. However, I plan on returning to the mountain in a few more years, 3 at most. Anyway, I've always been and always will be a Redskins fan. It's been a rough ride the past decade or so, however, I'll stick with them. I'm Stubborn and Hard Headed, but, faithful to the end.



ericsaid
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:39 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:49 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:57 am
WataugaMan wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:49 am
Although not a rookie, I saw Brian Quick on special teams last night for the Skins. Note: I only watched one half of a quarter, looks like another long season ahead for us Redskin fans.
Much better squad with better ownership, management, and product only a short 2 hour drive down the mountain from you. Come on over from the dark side.
Currently I'm not on the mountain, I'm in Southern Maryland. However, I plan on returning to the mountain in a few more years, 3 at most. Anyway, I've always been and always will be a Redskins fan. It's been a rough ride the past decade or so, however, I'll stick with them. I'm Stubborn and Hard Headed, but, faithful to the end.
Understood sir. Watauga County, without land ownership (20 acres plus) seems more like a vacationing area to me. Love the mountains, and the Piedmont for that matter, but I'd prefer to live in either place with space to roam. Otherwise somewhere along the coast is likely to be my final destination.

That said, here a link to an article about Tae Hayes from the Florida Times-Union: Big-play instincts helping Tae Hayes in battle for a Jaguars roster spot Former App rookies including Duck, Exford, and Hayes have all now had articles written purely about their play on the field. Haven't seen that happen for an App UDFA.



ericsaid
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Another picture Jalen Ramsey posted of his reaction to Tae Hayes interception of McSorley.

Jalen Ramsey Celebrates with Hayes

High praise from a knucklehead right there. Great player though.



BUTCH1991
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Point
Has thanked: 731 times
Been thanked: 387 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Quack! Duck with a beautiful pick and 60 yard return from the endzone, but the announcers butchered Appalch-e-un State



User avatar
Wally
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by Wally » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:57 am

I thought Parker looked good in garbage time last night, it was the only time in the game the Panthers were able to move the ball and scored their lone TD!



User avatar
WVAPPeer
Posts: 9563
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Almost Heaven Resides: Lollipop Guild Land
Has thanked: 2295 times
Been thanked: 1121 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:09 am



"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

User avatar
NavyApp
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: ENC
Has thanked: 1276 times
Been thanked: 590 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:44 am

Some really nice praise from Coach Nagy here.


FREQS AND GEEKS!

Stonewall
Posts: 2026
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1186 times
Been thanked: 841 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Getting caught from behind like that shows what kind of athletes he is competing against in the League. Wish he would have scored ....



APPRIDE
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:29 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 155 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:11 pm
Getting caught from behind like that shows what kind of athletes he is competing against in the League. Wish he would have scored ....
In Ducks defense, he did say that had been an 11 play drive up to that point and he was gassed after sprinting to make the interception.

Kind of the same circumstances with Cory getting chased down on his big run back...



NoLongerLurking
Posts: 1235
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:07 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Boone
Has thanked: 522 times
Been thanked: 442 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:34 pm

Some of you.... smh.



bigdaddyg
Posts: 3203
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 848 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:51 am

Those who feel it necessary to comment about Duck “getting caught “. Did you even watch the play? He dove for the PIC, got up and started running. Guys were already on him. I’m amazed he got that far. Comparisons to Lynch- stupid.



User avatar
NavyApp
Posts: 811
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: ENC
Has thanked: 1276 times
Been thanked: 590 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:37 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:51 am
Those who feel it necessary to comment about Duck “getting caught “. Did you even watch the play? He dove for the PIC, got up and started running. Guys were already on him. I’m amazed he got that far. Comparisons to Lynch- stupid.
Not only that but if you watch the replay the guy that got him was clearly the fastest guy on the field and it's not close. Duck made an incredible play that took his team from the inevitably of being scored on to putting his team in position to score. Huge momentum swing. Also for anyone who wants to question Duck's athletic ability just watch the play again; covers a ton of ground, lays and picks off a sure thing TD....the kid is special, but we have known that since Knoxville.


FREQS AND GEEKS!

User avatar
HighPointApp
Posts: 3501
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:15 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1195 times
Been thanked: 467 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:46 am

Just watched the replay of the INT. Duck was amazing. He was caught by the fastest player on the field. No shame in that. If a poster thinks they can run faster, put on some pads and post it.


Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

APPRIDE
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:29 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 155 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:16 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:51 am
Those who feel it necessary to comment about Duck “getting caught “. Did you even watch the play? He dove for the PIC, got up and started running. Guys were already on him. I’m amazed he got that far. Comparisons to Lynch- stupid.
wait, comparison to Lynch play is because even in one of the most amazing plays in the history of football some were focused on the negative that Lynch got chased down by the kicker...he was gassed just like Duck was because of the amount of play just before and even after the best int. of this past week some focused on the fact that Duck got chased down on the run back.

If you re-read my post I am in complete agreement about how sw



Appster99
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 169 times

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by Appster99 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:56 am

I didn't interpret Duck getting chased down as a knock on him, but a comment on the caliber of athlete in the league. They are the best of the best. The fact that he is on the field to make that play is a testament to his ability, and more importantly, his desire to prove he can compete at that level. His drive, determination and football intelligence will be the reason he makes the team, whether active roster or practice squad. Denying he has physical challenges to overcome compared to other athletes in the league would just be foolish. And before I get attacked, Im not saying anyone has claimed he is a superior athlete at that level.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests