Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

XFL Draft

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: XFL Draft

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Clifton made a good decision. It was a calculated chance and despite the excellent preseason he had and projections of the practice squad it didn’t work out. Seeing him in his Block A jacket yesterday told me all I need to know.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:37 pm

He frequently tweets about App. I’m glad to see former players staying engaged, even if from a distance. All of us on this board loved our time at App, and it’s my sincere hope that everyone who attends (athletes or not) feel the same.
Give 'em hell!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:25 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:57 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:43 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:35 pm
JMappfan5 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:12 am
Great seeing Duck at the game today, just wished he were still in the Black & Gold.
I bet nobody wishes that more right now than him. As said before, the new corners can be as good. I already think Jolly is going to be Duck's level come next year. That pick was insane. Duck would definitely help though. Could you imagine having one more All-SBC peformer in the secondary?
Jolly is improving, but he's not a Duck's level. in addition to his skills at CB, he had a panache. His banter with the other team's sideline was fun to watch as he dared them to throw at him. Additionally, for a small corner, he was a really good tackler. Plus, his abilities as a punt returner impacted the game. Every time he touched the ball (Interception or as a punt returner, his goal was to score. He was a dynamic college player.

He played well against bigger players in pre-season, there were just too many talented guys in the Bear's camp. Hopefully, he'll become one of the stars of the XFL.
Never said he was as good as Duck. I just said he is about to that level. He has not yet accomplished what Duck has but he can be that caliber of a corner come 2020. I said even when we were giving up passes that I could see Jolly was coming along and will be a really good one.

I know our many fans did not think so but Hayes was better than Duck. I'm not putting Duck down because he was very good but I had said before pro days that Hayes had a better shot to make it and had the better year on defense last year. I thought Duck was a good but not great corner. The reason he became a great player for us was his play on special teams. He worried me at times because he was so gutsy but he was very fun to watch. Just too bad he thought he was pro ready. We certainly could have used him this year. I think he wants to be out there as well.
I’m glad that Jolly is starting to make plays. We need that on the back end. I also agree that Hayes and Duck were both high level corners.

Duck made a decision, which I hated as a fan, but it was his decision. He may make it eventually as a nickel back. Hopefully, the XFL works out as a league and the XFL works out for Duck, just as the CFL is working for Armanti.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:52 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:25 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:57 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:43 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:35 pm
JMappfan5 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:12 am
Great seeing Duck at the game today, just wished he were still in the Black & Gold.
I bet nobody wishes that more right now than him. As said before, the new corners can be as good. I already think Jolly is going to be Duck's level come next year. That pick was insane. Duck would definitely help though. Could you imagine having one more All-SBC peformer in the secondary?
Jolly is improving, but he's not a Duck's level. in addition to his skills at CB, he had a panache. His banter with the other team's sideline was fun to watch as he dared them to throw at him. Additionally, for a small corner, he was a really good tackler. Plus, his abilities as a punt returner impacted the game. Every time he touched the ball (Interception or as a punt returner, his goal was to score. He was a dynamic college player.

He played well against bigger players in pre-season, there were just too many talented guys in the Bear's camp. Hopefully, he'll become one of the stars of the XFL.
Never said he was as good as Duck. I just said he is about to that level. He has not yet accomplished what Duck has but he can be that caliber of a corner come 2020. I said even when we were giving up passes that I could see Jolly was coming along and will be a really good one.

I know our many fans did not think so but Hayes was better than Duck. I'm not putting Duck down because he was very good but I had said before pro days that Hayes had a better shot to make it and had the better year on defense last year. I thought Duck was a good but not great corner. The reason he became a great player for us was his play on special teams. He worried me at times because he was so gutsy but he was very fun to watch. Just too bad he thought he was pro ready. We certainly could have used him this year. I think he wants to be out there as well.
I’m glad that Jolly is starting to make plays. We need that on the back end. I also agree that Hayes and Duck were both high level corners.

Duck made a decision, which I hated as a fan, but it was his decision. He may make it eventually as a nickel back. Hopefully, the XFL works out as a league and the XFL works out for Duck, just as the CFL is working for Armanti.
Edwards might still be in the NFL if the Panthers had not blown it. A shame he could not have come out today. I think he would have been a second round pick as a QB if he were in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”