Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

XFL Draft

SoCalApp
School: Appalachian State

XFL Draft

Unread post by SoCalApp » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 pm

Haven't noticed any talk about it here, but we had a couple guys get picked up in the XFL draft the past couple days.

Parker Collins - New York Guardians
Malachi Jones - Seattle Dragons

Not sure if missed anyone else.

Rick83

Re: XFL Draft

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:22 pm

Duck wasn't picked up?

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Duck should have stayed in college....

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:22 pm
Duck wasn't picked up?
Nope, kind of surprising. Should have stayed another year, i feel bad for him

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:32 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:25 pm
Rick83 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:22 pm
Duck wasn't picked up?
Nope, kind of surprising. Should have stayed another year, i feel bad for him
Wow...

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:39 pm

Believe Duck got picked today.

Edit: never mind read that tweet wrong.

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:02 am

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:46 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Congrats to our guys who got picked.

When I said prior to the draft that he should have stayed and then backed it up in the preseason people on here killed me for it. Duck made a huge mistake and someone accused me of gloating but I was just simply hammering my point that he was not ready. Hopefully our juniors this year are smarter and don't listen to the hype.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:47 am

SoCalApp wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:13 pm
Haven't noticed any talk about it here, but we had a couple guys get picked up in the XFL draft the past couple days.

Parker Collins - New York Guardians
Malachi Jones - Seattle Dragons

Not sure if missed anyone else.
Glad to see. Any word on Beau Nunn or is he still trying to play?

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:38 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:46 am
ASUTodd wrote:

When I said prior to the draft that he should have stayed and then backed it up in the preseason people on here killed me for it. Duck made a huge mistake and someone accused me of gloating but I was just simply hammering my point that he was not ready. Hopefully our juniors this year are smarter and don't listen to the hype.
Well I am sure some were but my point was that he wasn't going to grow and any speed and/or strength addition would be minimal at best - with Hayes at the other corner he didn't get much action last year and with a new starter this season at corner he would have gotten less - I just didn't see how 1 more year would make a real difference - Now, yes, I wish he was still in Black and Gold but that is just a selfish viewpoint from me as a fan -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:03 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:38 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

Well I am sure some were but my point was that he wasn't going to grow and any speed and/or strength addition would be minimal at best - with Hayes at the other corner he didn't get much action last year and with a new starter this season at corner he would have gotten less - I just didn't see how 1 more year would make a real difference - Now, yes, I wish he was still in Black and Gold but that is just a selfish viewpoint from me as a fan -
If he had stayed 3 more years it would not have mattered. He is too small for the NFL. I took a picture with him after a game. I am 5’10” or so and maybe 195. I dwarfed him

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:47 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

He still could improve his technique and get more game experience. He needed as much experience as possible since he does not have the freakish size and speed. I'm sure he regrets it now as well because he could be a key piece to a nationally ranked team.

With that said, I still don't think he was ever going to play in the NFL. He could have got his degree and been apart of something special in college. I loved him for us but I know he was very limited.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:59 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:47 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

He still could improve his technique and get more game experience. He needed as much experience as possible since he does not have the freakish size and speed. I'm sure he regrets it now as well because he could be a key piece to a nationally ranked team.

With that said, I still don't think he was ever going to play in the NFL. He could have got his degree and been apart of something special in college. I loved him for us but I know he was very limited.

Let’s all hope Clifton chooses to come back and finish his degree on his own at some point in his future.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:32 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:59 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:47 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

Let’s all hope Clifton chooses to come back and finish his degree on his own at some point in his future.
I hope he, and anyone else who did not graduate, will do that. Clifton needs to get that degree and we are all going to pull for him to get it!

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:12 am

Great seeing Duck at the game today, just wished he were still in the Black & Gold.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:35 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:12 am
Great seeing Duck at the game today, just wished he were still in the Black & Gold.
I bet nobody wishes that more right now than him. As said before, the new corners can be as good. I already think Jolly is going to be Duck's level come next year. That pick was insane. Duck would definitely help though. Could you imagine having one more All-SBC peformer in the secondary?
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:43 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:35 pm
JMappfan5 wrote:
I bet nobody wishes that more right now than him. As said before, the new corners can be as good. I already think Jolly is about to Duck's level. That pick was insane. Duck would definitely help though. Could you imagine having one more All-SBC peformer in the secondary?
Jolly is improving, but he's not a Duck's level. in addition to his skills at CB, he had a panache. His banter with the other team's sideline was fun to watch as he dared them to throw at him. Additionally, for a small corner, he was a really good tackler. Plus, his abilities as a punt returner impacted the game. Every time he touched the ball (Interception or as a punt returner, his goal was to score. He was a dynamic college player.

He played well against bigger players in pre-season, there were just too many talented guys in the Bear's camp. Hopefully, he'll become one of the stars of the XFL.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:57 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:43 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:35 pm
JMappfan5 wrote:
I bet nobody wishes that more right now than him. As said before, the new corners can be as good. I already think Jolly is going to be Duck's level come next year. That pick was insane. Duck would definitely help though. Could you imagine having one more All-SBC peformer in the secondary?
Jolly is improving, but he's not a Duck's level. in addition to his skills at CB, he had a panache. His banter with the other team's sideline was fun to watch as he dared them to throw at him. Additionally, for a small corner, he was a really good tackler. Plus, his abilities as a punt returner impacted the game. Every time he touched the ball (Interception or as a punt returner, his goal was to score. He was a dynamic college player.

He played well against bigger players in pre-season, there were just too many talented guys in the Bear's camp. Hopefully, he'll become one of the stars of the XFL.
Never said he was as good as Duck. I just said he is about to that level. He has not yet accomplished what Duck has but he can be that caliber of a corner come 2020. I said even when we were giving up passes that I could see Jolly was coming along and will be a really good one.

I know our many fans did not think so but Hayes was better than Duck. I'm not putting Duck down because he was very good but I had said before pro days that Hayes had a better shot to make it and had the better year on defense last year. I thought Duck was a good but not great corner. The reason he became a great player for us was his play on special teams. He worried me at times because he was so gutsy but he was very fun to watch. Just too bad he thought he was pro ready. We certainly could have used him this year. I think he wants to be out there as well.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:52 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
By virtue of seeing Clifton at the game, standing on the sideline w/his team and then appearing "live & all smiles on the video board" starting a cheer with the band's drum line and student section, I conclude that he's keeping good company. That's a positive thing for him right now.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:15 pm

Clifton wants to play in the NFL. I’m just going to give him kudos for being all in on going after his dream.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”