Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Draft Per CBS Sports

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Draft Per CBS Sports

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:36 pm

Round 3 - Pick 30 (94)
team logo
team logo
Akeem Davis-Gaither LB
APPALACHIAN STATE • SR • 6'2" / 224 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Green Bay
PROSPECT RNK
77th
POSITION RNK
3rd
The Packers get their athletic linebacker to roam the middle portion of the field.

Round 6 - Pick 19 (198)
team logo
team logo
Darrynton Evans RB
APPALACHIAN STATE • JR • 5'10" / 203 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Pittsburgh
PROSPECT RNK
217th
POSITION RNK
15th
Evans was a home-running hitting bellcow of a back for Appalachian State and has a nice, compact frame.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: Draft Per CBS Sports

Unread post by biggie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:57 pm

That seems low for Evans.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:32 am

I have seen a couple that have him a little higher
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:12 pm

you cant teach 4.41, he'll get a shot
BLACK SATURDAY

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:38 pm

Raiders also interested in ADG.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:45 pm

I hope he goes to the Packers! We need a good LB!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:14 am

biggie wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:57 pm
That seems low for Evans.
Right now I think he goes in the 4-5 range but it depends on how RBs come off the board in round 3 and if the Colts or a team who really loves him needs a RB and are picking in that 90-130 or else I think he lands in the 5th.

Until I saw some big name RBs come back instead of declaring early I thought 6th round at first. I wonder if he runs if our pro day ends up just being moved back. I feel like he could run a consistent 4.40 in Boone. That 4.41 is a good time but he also ran a low 4.5 as well. Many teams take the average clock and will have him in the high 4.4s.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:17 am

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:38 pm
Raiders also interested in ADG.
I feel like because of his speed that every team will have some type of interest. Some may want him as a safety and some a linebacker but still would have interest in him.

I will never forget when Matt Stevens went to the Bills and he told folks that the Bills were one of several teams who never showed any interest and he and his agent both thought were among the teams who would not take him. They never met with him or brought him to facility. They did not even talk to him at the combine. Sometimes the team most interested hides it so when people report interest it is typically because they talked to the player or set up a visit. Remember that a team could talk to a player at a bowl game or combine just to answer a question they have. If they set up a private workout and visit then they are tipping their hat at heavy interest.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:02 am

I'm sure the process will look different but I would think the NFL teams will make adjustments in their process to get looks at some of these days who were on their radar for evaluation. Camps could be super competitive this year.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:02 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:02 am
I'm sure the process will look different but I would think the NFL teams will make adjustments in their process to get looks at some of these days who were on their radar for evaluation. Camps could be super competitive this year.
Here is the text from a memo that went to the NFL GMs, head coaches, and player personnel folks. This went out on March 13th. Hard to do more than watch film and recruit potential undrafted players right now.

Memo text:

We have been closely monitoring developments relating to the corona virus (COVID-19) and taking action based on the guidance of our Chief Medical Officer Dr. Allen Sills and the medical experts at the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

After considering recent medical and public safety information related to COVID-19, we have decided to prohibit all in-person pre-Draft visits involving draft-eligible players effective at the end of this business day, until further notice.

Specifically, the following is prohibited:•Any draft-eligible player traveling to a club facility or other location to meet with club personnel;•Club personnel (including BLESTO or NFS scouts) traveling to any location, including a college campus to visit with a draft-eligible player.

Clubs are reminded that they are permitted to conduct interviews via telephone or video conferences through the day prior to the Draft. Any telephone or video conference must be reported to the Player Personnel department upon completion, along with the call participants, date and time of the call, and total length of the call.

The following new restrictions are applicable to any telephone or video conference:

•Clubs can schedule no more than three telephone or video conferences with an individual draft-eligible player per week(Sunday through Saturday).

•Each telephone or video conference can last no longer than one hour.

•Such telephone or video conference cannot be conducted at a time that interferes with the player’s school schedule.

We will work with the Competition Committee and General Managers Advisory Committee to discuss ways to collect and disseminate medical information of draft-eligible players, including working with Jeff Foster on possible changes to the medical re-check program. We will keep you informed of any decisions as information is available.

Any club personnel who violate any of the above restrictions will be subject to League discipline.

We have not taken this step lightly but believe that it is most consistent with protecting the health of our club personnel, draft eligible players, and the public. It also has the ancillary benefit of ensuring competitive equity.

Please contact the Player Personnel department if you have any questions.

Appstrong

Unread post by Appstrong » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:53 am

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... -32-teams/

CBS Sports now lists Evans as a mid 4th rounder based on this 7 round mock draft.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”