Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Armanti back to CFL

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Armanti back to CFL

Unread post by biggie » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:03 pm

Capt. Ed

Re: Armanti back to CFL

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:37 am

I've got mixed emotions on this. I've enjoyed following his career and watching him play every chance I get. He's worked hard building a solid pro career and providing value wherever he plays.

However, I'm looking forward to the day he retires and comes home. I worry about his body taking all those hits and the problems they'll cause him later in life. Financially, is it better to add one or two more years playing or retire now and take the first step in establishing a new non playing resume?

I'm hopeful he's has good mentors who offer advice and counsel and that he's thinking long term and not just chasing the dream.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:11 am

Does anyone have any insight on if AE has an interest in coaching when his playing career is over? I would love to have him back in Boone.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:24 am

56 CFL games and only 32 years old isn't a super long career given how little play time he got in the NFL. When you are that young and still have legs under you it would be pretty darn hard to turn down another contract. I could see him going another 3 or so years if he gets contracts.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:02 pm

Capt. Ed wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:37 am
I've got mixed emotions on this. I've enjoyed following his career and watching him play every chance I get. He's worked hard building a solid pro career and providing value wherever he plays.

However, I'm looking forward to the day he retires and comes home. I worry about his body taking all those hits and the problems they'll cause him later in life. Financially, is it better to add one or two more years playing or retire now and take the first step in establishing a new non playing resume?

I'm hopeful he's has good mentors who offer advice and counsel and that he's thinking long term and not just chasing the dream.
We only get one time to be young and play competitive sports. It's not like he's a 42 year old prizefighter climbing back into the ring after he's well past his expiration date. I think you are being a little over-the-top in your 'concern'. No offense, but he's home where he is with his family. I have no ill feeling toward you but your post seems a little out of line.

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:52 am

Maybe I'm too over the top. I'm sorry my post bothered folks but I meant no ill will and just expressing a thought. Perhaps it's because I'm 72 and as I age, I see in myself and friends, the down stream impacts of decisions made younger in life.

I admire Armanti for his tenacious pursuit of success in football and will always be a fan. Again, no disrespect or criticism of him or his fans. But as a grandfather, I guess I wonder if this is his best career choice.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am

Ouch. From T.O. to Eddy. Can’t say Edmonton is the most desirable place in Canada to live, haha, but it’s a working class, CFL town for sure. And his $ will go much further.

The Argos aren’t even an afterthought in Toronto. He will definitely be a bigger celebrity in Northern Alberta.

Guess I’ll be cheering for Edmonton a bit more next season, assuming we have one.
YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”