Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ZT's future

goapps
School: Appalachian State

ZT's future

Unread post by goapps » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:37 am

Mjohn1988

Re: ZT's future

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:26 pm

GO MAKE IT HAPPEN YOUNG MAN!!!!!!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:35 pm

goapps wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:37 am
Unlike some here, I think Bam-Bam will get a good look, draft-wise. If that doesn't pan out, I'm convinced he'll get a strong UDFA gig and some of the best QB coaching he's ever had. After that, it's his dream to write the ending to. My greatest concern for him is his height. He'll have to complete passes over some "tall-walls."

The garbage talk on this board about Zac's regression was extremely disrespectful. He gave his all for App State just as his scholarship called for. His numbers did fall off a wee tad during the "2020-Covid-abbreviated spring practice-shut-down fall camp-gameday-fan lockout-3rd QB coach/O-Coordinator in three consecutive years-on again-off again-on again season" but he still rode off into the sunset at 30-6 as a starter. Gimme another 30-6 guy like that and he has a four-year High Country home.

If we're still living (both) at a projected age 82 and still able to travel, my bride and I will be present for Zac's induction into the App State Athletic Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. And we'll be damn proud of the thrills he and his mates provided for App Nation during their era at The Rock.
Last edited by asu66 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:00 pm

asu66 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:35 pm
goapps wrote:
Unlike some here, I think Bam-Bam will get a good look, draft-wise. If that doesn't pan out, I'm convinced he'll get a strong UDFA gig and some of the best QB coaching he's ever had. After that, it's his dream to write the ending to. My greatest concern for him is his height. He'll have to complete passes over some "tall-walls."

The garbage talk on this board about Scott's regression was extremely disrespectful. He gave his all for App State just as his scholarship called for. His numbers did fall off a wee tad during the "2020-Covid-abbreviated spring practice-shut-down fall camp-gameday-fan lockout-3rd QB coach/O-Coordinator in three consecutive years-on again-off again-on again season" but he still rode off into the sunset at 30-6 as a starter. Gimme another 30-6 guy like that and he has a four-year High Country home.

If we're still living (both) at a projected age 82 and still able to travel, my bride and I will be present for Scott's induction into the App State Athletic Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. And we'll be damn proud of the thrills he and his mates provided for App Nation during their era at The Rock.
I agree with you, but it's kind of hard to call people disrespectful of ZT when you twice referred to him as Scott. I'm with you on all your points though.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:28 pm

I highly doubt he will be drafted. He certainly has the skills to make an NFL roster, but he has some mental things to overcome to reach his true potential.
The Appalachian State

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:44 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:00 pm
asu66 wrote:
goapps wrote:

The garbage talk on this board about Scott's regression was extremely disrespectful. He gave his all for App State just as his scholarship called for. His numbers did fall off a wee tad during the "2020-Covid-abbreviated spring practice-shut-down fall camp-gameday-fan lockout-3rd QB coach/O-Coordinator in three consecutive years-on again-off again-on again season" but he still rode off into the sunset at 30-6 as a starter. Gimme another 30-6 guy like that and he has a four-year High Country home.

If we're still living (both) at a projected age 82 and still able to travel, my bride and I will be present for Scott's induction into the App State Athletic Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. And we'll be damn proud of the thrills he and his mates provided for App Nation during their era at The Rock.
I agree with you, but it's kind of hard to call people disrespectful of ZT when you twice referred to him as Scott. I'm with you on all your points though.
Geez, my bad! Thanks for the heads-up. Highly embarrssing! I've corrected the ones I have access to. :oops: Doh!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:50 pm

GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:08 pm

This young man is an App State legend!!!!! I'm pulling for him in the draft!

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:35 pm

While Zac has noticeably been inaccurate w/ so many throws this year that he used to make routinely, as well as not running for forward progress not nearly as much as he used to, I haven't really seen all of this vitriol that some claim this board is throwing his way. What I have seen is a lot of questioning as to why it's happening and what about our coaching and schemes has made this what it is.

I think the vast majority on here respect and appreciate Zac's entire body of work... I know I do!

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:26 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:28 pm
I highly doubt he will be drafted. He certainly has the skills to make an NFL roster, but he has some mental things to overcome to reach his true potential.
Wow. I hope you’re not judged by your own standards. I doubt your perfect in life. Don’t expect others to be. We are all human.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:55 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:26 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Wow. I hope you’re not judged by your own standards. I doubt your perfect in life. Don’t expect others to be. We are all human.
:roll:

Sigh. God forbid anyone make a factual comment about an App State QB. I won't go into depth about all of the things I know, but his "mental hurdles" I refer to stem from things a family member of his said that was at every game....ill let you figure that one out.

I really don't understand why we can't make critiques about players on a message board. Good lord.
The Appalachian State

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:15 pm

If you had been through what ZT had been through the last 2 years, one would expect some mental mistakes.

I’m glad you shared your insight from ZT’s family member. Not very classy.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:20 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:15 pm
If you had been through what ZT had been through the last 2 years, one would expect some mental mistakes.

I’m glad you shared your insight from ZT’s family member. Not very classy.
She wasn't very discreet about her thoughts, so.....

Everybody would like information, but then they want to cry about what they hear. Get over it already.
The Appalachian State

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:08 pm

Thanks for showing your true nature. Good work
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:10 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:08 pm
You don't know anything about me, nor can you deduce anything from my posts about football. Thanks
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:25 pm

asu66 wrote:
goapps wrote:

The garbage talk on this board about Zac's regression was extremely disrespectful. He gave his all for App State just as his scholarship called for. His numbers did fall off a wee tad during the "2020-Covid-abbreviated spring practice-shut-down fall camp-gameday-fan lockout-3rd QB coach/O-Coordinator in three consecutive years-on again-off again-on again season" but he still rode off into the sunset at 30-6 as a starter. Gimme another 30-6 guy like that and he has a four-year High Country home.

If we're still living (both) at a projected age 82 and still able to travel, my bride and I will be present for Zac's induction into the App State Athletic Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. And we'll be damn proud of the thrills he and his mates provided for App Nation during their era at The Rock.
Zac is an App State legend and I appreciate all he did. With that said, he won't get drafted. He will be a free agent signing or tryout. He does not have the arm talent to make it as a QB in the NFL but I wonder if he can run fast enough to play safety.

I would not take the tweet of that guy seriously because he hypes everyone he talks to from what I have read. I do appreciate the kind words of Zac but he will be a camp body for someone and that is it. I do think he could make it and be very good in the CFL though.

I wish Zac good luck though! He was a very good player for us and someone who I hope comes around every year and perhaps be our QB coach one day. If it goes as expected for him I'm sure he will be a QB coach somewhere by 2023. Zac is very smart and knows the game extremely well so his knowledge will help future generations for sure, if he wants to coach.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:33 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:08 pm
Nobody is wishing Zac to fail and it is not mean to state that a player won't make it in the NFL. Zac was a great college player and should be in the App Athletics HOF as well as considered one of the best to play in the Sun Belt for sure. It is just he had too many balls thrown in the dirt, too many bad throws, and did not progress as a passer enough the last two years to make a NFL roster. That is just a truth and it is okay to say. I hope he proves me and NFL scouts wrong but the expectation is that he will be a camp body at QB.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:36 pm

APPRIDE wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:35 pm
While Zac has noticeably been inaccurate w/ so many throws this year that he used to make routinely, as well as not running for forward progress not nearly as much as he used to, I haven't really seen all of this vitriol that some claim this board is throwing his way. What I have seen is a lot of questioning as to why it's happening and what about our coaching and schemes has made this what it is.

I think the vast majority on here respect and appreciate Zac's entire body of work... I know I do!
The inaccuracies were in large part due to some unfamiliarity with guys that were forced into service. Some throws made last year weren’t there this year.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:40 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:36 pm
APPRIDE wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:35 pm

The inaccuracies were in large part due to some unfamiliarity with guys that were forced into service. Some throws made last year weren’t there this year.
That is definitely true but many of those throws were just a lack of accuracy or arm strength. Can't blame a young WR for a ball thrown 7 yards over the head of a wide open guy in the endzone or a ball thrown 5 yards short in the dirt to an open guy as well. Zac lit up the bad teams with those good throws but struggled against good teams.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:44 pm

appstatealum wrote:
What the heck does that mean????

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”