Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Update on NFL info

TomA415
School: Appalachian State

Re: Update on NFL info

Unread post by TomA415 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:53 am

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:45 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:59 am
I know it would be a guess at this point, however will APP have any guys starting next week when the real games begin? (Other than Sam Martin)
Akeem Davis-Gaither is listed as a starter on the Bengals depth chart. He and Martin are the only starters I see listed on depth charts. There's still guys like Kendall Lamm and Shemar Jean-Charles that are on 53 man rosters and see playing time, but don't start.
ADG is second string according to the bengals official depth chart. Kendall Lamm will definitely be on miamis 53 but won’t start.

asucrazy

Unread post by asucrazy » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:06 am

Any update on Henry Pearson with the Packers and Steven Jones with the Titans, I believe Ryan Nuezil made the Falcons ?

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:17 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:34 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:15 am
Being critical is of course fine, but this thread began piling on a 23 year old that wasn't able to make an NFL roster.
I guess interpretation is dependent one one’s opinion going into the discussion. All that was said was the truth about his game. The same things that worked against him in the NFL were the same things that prevented him from reaching his potential, or what fans thought he would be in his time here.

His character and personality as a person should not be questioned. But his and any other player’s ability are up for debate.
Truths appear to be subjective depending on the recipient of the criticism.

We all agree Cam is fine person though so that's good.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:21 am

asucrazy wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:06 am
Any update on Henry Pearson with the Packers and Steven Jones with the Titans, I believe Ryan Nuezil made the Falcons ?
Online projections don't have either making the 53 but I would think Jones will make the practice squad. Pearson hurt his knee against the Patriots and did not play against Seattle. I could not find anything that said how severe it was so I don't know if he ends up on IR or they just held him out to keep him healthy so they can cut him?

Neuzil should be a lock. His preseason film is pretty good and he appears to be their top interior backup. It will be interesting to see if they keep the C from South Carolina that they drafted this year as well or cut him just to keep Neuzil.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:28 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:05 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:51 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:34 am
It's almost as if some on here take it as a personal affront that certain players don't succeed at the next level ---
Not that at all. I am personally just disappointed that he never lived up to his talent. I do think some take it personal that he chose not to play games last year and quit on the team and program when we treated him well and our hard earned money is donated to give him a scholarship.
I disagree with your opinion on people’s rationale on Cam. I think that the people that take it personally are the ones that feel like speaking in a critical manner of an App player is wrong. Critiquing his game is not a critique of him as a person. I think that line gets blurred often.
I know a few of our boosters who were a little miffed at him for sitting out games when he was healthy and just leaving the team with two weeks left into the season. That is why I mentioned that. He did so to avoid injury because he struggled to stay healthy and did not view those games as important.

I agree there is nothing wrong with bringing up the issues. All of our players won't make it in the NFL and for anyone to think it is wrong to bring up why is just crazy.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:35 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:28 am
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
It's almost as if some on here take it as a personal affront that certain players don't succeed at the next level ---
Not that at all. I am personally just disappointed that he never lived up to his talent. I do think some take it personal that he chose not to play games last year and quit on the team and program when we treated him well and our hard earned money is donated to give him a scholarship.
I disagree with your opinion on people’s rationale on Cam. I think that the people that take it personally are the ones that feel like speaking in a critical manner of an App player is wrong. Critiquing his game is not a critique of him as a person. I think that line gets blurred often.
I know a few of our boosters who were a little miffed at him for sitting out games when he was healthy and just leaving the team with two weeks left into the season. That is why I mentioned that.

I agree there is nothing wrong with bringing up the issues. All of our players won't make it in the NFL and for anyone to think it is wrong to bring up why is just crazy. It is a fact that he did not develop, not a good pass blocker, and fumbled. Those things made it an easy decision for Carolina to cut him instead of needing a few more days to debate it.
There are quite a few boosters that administrators that need to learn to stay in their lane.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:40 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:41 am
Cam is an amazing person. Anybody attacking his person needs to re-evaluate their lives.

He's an amazing football player as well. Anybody attacking his skill set needs to re-evaluate their lives.

Cam has some flaws in his game that needed to be fixed if he wanted to make it to the league. He didn't fix a lot of them. Perhaps he didn't put as much effort in to fixing them as some would have liked. But, if he truly didn't love the game, I don't blame him. If he was using his God given abilities to obtain a free education but nothing more than that, good for him.

Thing is Cam has the talent to be successful in the league. Does Cam have the desire to be successful in the league? Not sure but does not appear so. And that's ok. That is not everyone's ultimate goal.
I think he definitely had it as a goal to be but did not have the desire to do all he can to be that for sure. He told someone before the season started that he was about to make that money this year to make the NFL, he left the team with a couple weeks left to avoid injury before training in what he thought was a meaningless game, went off to train for combine, attended NFL Combine and Senior Bowl, and went through an entire NFL training camp. I believe he had it in his head he would do it but just lacked the work ethic to improve those things to make it. There are a lot of players who talk about it and go through the motions but they don't fight with all they got to make it.

We have had many players who did have that goal and desire to go with it. Sam Martin is a great example of it. He knew after his junior year he was not going to make the NFL without improving his game and he trained with someone to help him focus on making those improvements. They paid off and he had one of the best kicking seasons in school history. He went from not really being on the NFL radar to being a 5th round pick. You could include Jason Hunter, Cooper Hodges, Kendall Lamm, D'Marco Jackson, etc. among those as well.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:45 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:35 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
I know a few of our boosters who were a little miffed at him for sitting out games when he was healthy and just leaving the team with two weeks left into the season. That is why I mentioned that.

I agree there is nothing wrong with bringing up the issues. All of our players won't make it in the NFL and for anyone to think it is wrong to bring up why is just crazy. It is a fact that he did not develop, not a good pass blocker, and fumbled. Those things made it an easy decision for Carolina to cut him instead of needing a few more days to debate it.
There are quite a few boosters that administrators that need to learn to stay in their lane.
I just simply stated that there are some with that view it and you disagreed like that was not the case. Just because you or I don't feel that way does not mean some did not.

You and I both mentioned on here, before the season, that we felt he had things to improve on to make it in the NFL and he did not do that as a senior.

He was so talented that he got a combine invite, Senior Bowl invite, and signed a NFL contract so that alone puts him in the top 1% of all college players. It is very tough to make it in the NFL and no matter his talent you have to be able to contribute on special teams or pass pro as well and stay healthy as a UDFA RB but he was not able to do any of those things.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:50 am

TomA415 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:53 am
MrCraig wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
I know it would be a guess at this point, however will APP have any guys starting next week when the real games begin? (Other than Sam Martin)
Akeem Davis-Gaither is listed as a starter on the Bengals depth chart. He and Martin are the only starters I see listed on depth charts. There's still guys like Kendall Lamm and Shemar Jean-Charles that are on 53 man rosters and see playing time, but don't start.
ADG is second string according to the bengals official depth chart. Kendall Lamm will definitely be on miamis 53 but won’t start.
You're right. The Bengals just have LBs group together, and list him as second string. ESPN has him listed as first string strong side LB. It doesn't matter, ADG is on the team and plays significant time. I just wonder if he gets his name called out at the beginning of the game or not.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:05 am

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:50 am
TomA415 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
You're right. The Bengals just have LBs group together, and list him as second string. ESPN has him listed as first string strong side LB. It doesn't matter, ADG is on the team and plays significant time. I just wonder if he gets his name called out at the beginning of the game or not.
Did they list that way during the season last year? Depth charts change a good bit after final cuts so it will be interesting to see where they list him.

Do you know why he did not play in their last preseason game? I can't find any news about an injury.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:13 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:45 am
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I just simply stated that there are some with that view it and you disagreed like that was not the case. Just because you or I don't feel that way does not mean some did not.

You and I both mentioned on here, before the season, that we felt he had things to improve on to make it in the NFL and he did not do that as a senior.

He was so talented that he got a combine invite, Senior Bowl invite, and signed a NFL contract so that alone puts him in the top 1% of all college players. It is very tough to make it in the NFL and no matter his talent you have to be able to contribute on special teams or pass pro as well and stay healthy as a UDFA RB but he was not able to do any of those things.
Understood. I will say this about those boosters to whom you are referring. They need to take a look in the mirror. I know of one that is very much out for themselves and would not hesitate to apply those same tactics in the real world.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:15 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:13 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Understood. I will say this about those boosters to whom you are referring to need to take a look in the mirror. I know of one that is very much out for themselves and would not hesitate to apply those same tactics in the real world.
That is very fair to say. Unless his teammates and coaches both have an issue then I don't think any fans should. Cam is not physically tough and gets hurt a lot but that does not make him a bad person.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:17 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:15 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:13 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Understood. I will say this about those boosters to whom you are referring to need to take a look in the mirror. I know of one that is very much out for themselves and would not hesitate to apply those same tactics in the real world.
That is very fair to say. Unless his teammates and coaches both have an issue then I don't think any fans should. Cam is not physically tough and gets hurt a lot but that does not make him a bad person.
Agree on all points.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:27 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:05 am
MrCraig wrote:
TomA415 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Did they list that way during the season last year? Depth charts change a good bit after final cuts so it will be interesting to see where they list him.

Do you know why he did not play in their last preseason game? I can't find any news about an injury.
I'm honestly not sure about the depth chart. I'd assume he didn't play in the preseason game because he was being rested for the regular season, since he should get significant playing time. He might be banged up, but I didn't hear anything about an injury.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:38 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:27 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:05 am
MrCraig wrote:
TomA415 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:

I'm honestly not sure about the depth chart. I'd assume he didn't play in the preseason game because he was being rested for the regular season, since he should get significant playing time. He might be banged up, but I didn't hear anything about an injury.
I am not sure on how they approach it but I know it varies all over the league. Hopefully he starts. We will find out soon!

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:39 pm

Read that Evans is projected to be cut with the Bills. If that does happen and he's not at least a practice squad player it reinforces how meaningless preseason games can be. I raised the question of what Cam could have done to actually get a spot. I tend to think that contracts and practice performance weighs more heavily than an actual practice game. That was a spectacular run and it might not matter.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:09 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:39 pm
Read that Evans is projected to be cut with the Bills. If that does happen and he's not at least a practice squad player it reinforces how meaningless preseason games can be. I raised the question of what Cam could have done to actually get a spot. I tend to think that contracts and practice performance weighs more heavily than an actual practice game. That was a spectacular run and it might not matter.
They aren't meaningless but having a big game in the 3rd and 4th quarter against players likely to be cut does not guarantee anything for sure.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:10 pm

It sounds like Jags are going to put Cooper Hodges on 4-week IR and then try to activate to the 53-man roster.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:17 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:39 pm
Assume he ends up somewhere on a practice squad or as 3rd/4th string

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:22 pm

Hate to pile on but if he was healthy and chose to sit out the GaSo game, I’m not sure as a Mountaineer I can forget that. I assumed it was something else disciplinary, health etc.

Anyway count down to a new season on. Can’t wait to see the 2023 edition take the field.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”