Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Wilks Fired

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Wilks Fired

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:31 pm

Ahh, the race baiting feces again. Coach Wilks will land on his feet somewhere much better. He has a tremendous future.
Last edited by NewApp on Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:42 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:16 pm
Give the ball to McCaffery win the game and everyone keeps their jobs.
^this^

San Francisco had the Chiefs on their heels for a long stretch of the first half, thanks to an effective mix of rushing/pass plays that kept Mahomes off the field.

Then, the Niners inexplicably forget they have a potent rushing attack, start slinging the ball around and become largely ineffective. The Chiefs claw their way back into the game…and here we all are.

It’s rare to see this type of finger pointing, recriminations and firings after the type of season San Francisco had. Makes you wonder what the future has in store for a toxic regime like this one.

Wilkes will be fine. He may not get another DC job this year as most openings are filled by now. But he’ll be taking another defense to new heights somewhere before long.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:24 am

The Biggest Reasons the 49ers Didn't Win Super Bowl LVIII

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/th ... 116d&ei=12

Interesting that the Defense wasn't listed in the top 3 reasons the 49ers lost...

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:11 am

IMOp, they lost due to fatigue and lack of depth (among other things) in one of the few OT's in Super Bowl History.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:02 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:27 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:24 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:28 am
MrCraig wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:46 am
Also, at the risk of being accused of being "woke" or seeing something that isn't there, it sure is interesting to look at the faces of the head coach, offensive coordinator, and special teams coordinator, and compare those to the defensive coordinator. Juuuuuust sayiiiiin....
Using the same “logic” could you explain why he got hired?
I didn't say it was logical or true. But in a league that has been criticized for a major lack of diversity in the upper ranks of coaching, managing, and ownership, it's not a good look when you fire a black coach after a pretty darn successful season and don't seem to have a really good reason.
So you made a completely unfounded insinuation that people you don’t know from Adams house cat are racist. My question was, if they are racist, as you suggested, why did they hire him in the first place? Wouldn’t it have been easier just to have never hired him?
I didn't accuse any individual person of anything. It has been proven, literally in a court of law, that multiple NFL teams have intentionally ignored minority candidates for coaching positions. It's why the Rooney Rule exists. It's a very bad look for an NFL team in 2024 to fire the only black administrative coach after they just went to the Super Bowl and had the 5th best defense in the country. The 49ers could've just never hired him, but the NFL literally has minority quotas that each team has to meet in hiring.

There's also the fact that Wilks was fired by the Panthers after finish the season 6-6 and was replaced by a white dude who everyone knew was going to underperform.

Yosef1986

Unread post by Yosef1986 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:32 am

The SuperBowl was lost in the first half - not the 2nd or overtime. When 49ers where kicking field goals and not getting TD's - they had no chance. KC always comes back and San Fran left the door open. Also, KC HC out coached San Fran HC.

San Fran held KC to 19 points for the game(not including OT) - very good defense effort. 19 points should have brought the victory to San Fran - out coached.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:18 am

Silver lining is I can go back to hating San Fran.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:14 am

MrCraig wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:02 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:46 am
Also, at the risk of being accused of being "woke" or seeing something that isn't there, it sure is interesting to look at the faces of the head coach, offensive coordinator, and special teams coordinator, and compare those to the defensive coordinator. Juuuuuust sayiiiiin....
I didn't say it was logical or true. But in a league that has been criticized for a major lack of diversity in the upper ranks of coaching, managing, and ownership, it's not a good look when you fire a black coach after a pretty darn successful season and don't seem to have a really good reason.
So you made a completely unfounded insinuation that people you don’t know from Adams house cat are racist. My question was, if they are racist, as you suggested, why did they hire him in the first place? Wouldn’t it have been easier just to have never hired him?
I didn't accuse any individual person of anything. It has been proven, literally in a court of law, that multiple NFL teams have intentionally ignored minority candidates for coaching positions. It's why the Rooney Rule exists. It's a very bad look for an NFL team in 2024 to fire the only black administrative coach after they just went to the Super Bowl and had the 5th best defense in the country. The 49ers could've just never hired him, but the NFL literally has minority quotas that each team has to meet in hiring.

There's also the fact that Wilks was fired by the Panthers after finish the season 6-6 and was replaced by a white dude who everyone knew was going to underperform.
Your initial post says nothing about it being a “bad look”. It insinuates that Wilks was fired due to his race.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:21 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:14 am
MrCraig wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:

Your initial post says nothing about it being a “bad look”. It insinuates that Wilks was fired due to his race.
I personally think Shanahan is way more to blame for their loss and not knowing the new rules because Wilks did a good job in the Super Bowl. There is buzz that Shanahan and Wilks were not getting along and had fundamental disagreements on game plans. The head coach is certainly not going to fire himself. I love Wilks and believe he will land on his feet.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:29 am

Happens all the time, he'll be on another sideline this fall.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:52 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:14 am
MrCraig wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:

Yes, this is correct. I don't think it's necessarily true, but the situation begs the question.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:00 pm

Marie York: “Uh…what happened out there?”

Shanny: “We just couldn’t get it done. Our special teams sucked and no one told me they changed the OT rules. Oh, and I don’t know how to call a square dance, must less how to call plays in the Super Bowl.”

Marie York: “Yeah, that last thing…I think that happened to you before, right?”

Shanny: “Well, I don’t know. I suppose we got stung by that old-fashioned Mahomes Magic.”

Marie York: "So, whatcha gonna do to fix it?"

Shanny: “Our defense played well & held the Chiefs to <20 pts for most of the game. So I guess the only thing I can do is fire Wilks.”

Marie York: “Yeah, that sounds about right.”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”