Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

AE and the Panthers

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

AE and the Panthers

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Pretty disappointing night all around for AE. He had two decent kick returns and a catch but he didn't see the field until the third quarter and didn't get in at WR until Clausen was put in.

I have been at many of the camp days in the past two weeks (missed fan fest due to being sick) and AE has look very good on all but two days. One they were targeting many of the camp fodder receivers and the other he was sick, according to one of the coaches. I saw nothing that warranted him not seeing the field until the second half and not getting time with Anderson, the QB he has worked with most in camp. I was told (and posted it on the other MMB) that we would see more of him in the second half of game two and in game four than in the other two games but I was still suprised that they waited until Pickles was in at QB to put him in.

The only way he can prove himself is to be in with the 1's and 2's and have a good QB and a good OL in to get the time for seperation (also the only way the scouts at the games can see him). If he stays with Pickles we'll never see if he's gotten better since Pickles can't throw and the OL only gives him about 2 or 3 seconds to do something before the D kills him. Outside of that we're not going to have a clue and neither is anyone else.

GoApps70

Re: AE and the Panthers

Unread post by GoApps70 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:16 am

AE ran a good route to the end zone and had the ball thrown on the money but two defenders knocked it away just as he was to catch it. Guess some might say that he could have jumped for it, not sure, but he had just crossed the goal line and didn't.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:44 am

yeah Firemoose it just doesn't connect - you reported good things from camp - even the Panther beat writers made some good comments about AE in camp (well for them to say anything good about Armanti is something) and then he doesn't see the field when it counts - I've stopped reading their reports - I just hope Armanti gets a fair shot this pre-season and if he doesn't hang with the Panthers hopefully somebody who can use his talents will pick him up ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:58 pm

AE interview on Panthers site ---

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/vid ... 6079b931ac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Almost end of first half and still no AE.

:evil:

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:25 pm

in for 1 play, wide open, bad pass to him by Anderson.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Hate to say it but I believe he is gone from Carolina. I believe any objective observer would find the other receivers in contention perform better in game settings.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:44 pm

I swear he would be ahead of Mr. Drops (TuTu) if he would get a chance. He has proven he can get open and get separation but Anderson missed him tonight and I guess he will be out there with "I spend more time on my back than upright" Clausen. Not going to help his cause at all. Hopefully Anderson will play most of the third and AE will get a better chance than he did last week, if for nothing more than to show the scouts at the game that he can play.

G2ASU

Unread post by G2ASU » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Hapapp,
I agree he's gone but I do not understand your statement about any objective observer can see the others play better in games. As I recall this year AE has had three passes thrown to him. He caught 1. On the td pass he got open and pickles under-threw him. His one pass tonight he got open and bad pass. How has he been so obviously under-performing this pre-season?

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Doom and Gloom!!!!

Is AE probably done, yeah. But the dude still had a pretty decent night for what they gave him.

I swear, some folks seem almost giddy at the prospect of him getting cut. Or at the least, they love letting the rest of us know he's got no chance to make the team. :roll:

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 pm

RankinApp wrote:Doom and Gloom!!!!

Is AE probably done, yeah. But the dude still had a pretty decent night for what they gave him.

I swear, some folks seem almost giddy at the prospect of him getting cut. Or at the least, they love letting the rest of us know he's got no chance to make the team. :roll:
Hope you're not refering to me Rankin because I am one of the biggest AE supporters out there. I went to every camp day but three and even wore my App State gear (dangerous enough at Wofford). Had a beer can thrown at me and some fans yelling "Armanti sucks and App sucks". Good thing I'm a nice guy since I'm 6'2" 240lbs of former LB and I wanted to show them what it's like to suck on a fist. :D

You hit the nail on the head where I bolded your post. "for what they gave him" is the key. He was the 7th receiver to see the field tonight but he was no where near the 7th receiver in camp. From all the days I went I would say he, P-lares, and Murphy are running neck and neck. He is better then TuTu and Adams in receiving (better routes and more seperation), BUT, he doesn't get the chance to show it on game night because he spends most of his time running with the lower 2nd's and 3rd's (even though in camp he was with the 1's and 2's, that's how he caught the bomb from Cam over Norman the day before camp ended) and trying to catch passes from Pickles for the most part. When Clausen had time tonight you saw what he could do with two nice catches and nearly a TD if he hadn't stepped out of bounds. He is getting good separation, just like in camp. The problem is that the 3rd team OL is so bad that Clausen is lucky to have 2 seconds to throw before he is running for his life. Hard to get very far into a route in 2 seconds. I just wish BAMF and Chud would put him in for several plays with the 1's and 2's. It's the only way we will be able to see how much he has improved and for him to show whoever that he can play and has gotten better.

Do I want him to make the team? Of course. He has invested a lot of time and hard work for the Panthers. But I also want to see him play and I really don't care where that is as long as he gets a chance.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:50 am

Rankin - the point I think many of us are making is that he isn't going to get any playing time with the Panthers - hey I have TWC so I have to watch the Panthers every Sunday and I would love it if they kept him and played him - no one sees that happening therefore as I stated earlier I wish someone would pick him up and PLAY him even though I would most likely not see it ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:55 am

My point was that he doesn't seem to be given the chance to perform in games and that leads me to believe he will be cut. I would hope if he does, someone else will give him a real shot.

I do confess, however, of tiring of the drama and suspense connected to his time at Carolina. I wish something would happen soon one way or another. In some ways I wish he would get cut, go elsewhere and perform, and then shut up all the Armanti haters. It must weigh on him somewhat to hear the boos and critical statements by the "fans."

G2ASU

Unread post by G2ASU » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:49 am

I think he has come a long way and would produce if given a chance with 1's & 2's. Claussen time is not real opportunity. I agree that his best bet is to land somewhere else. Hope he gets to score on the panthers someday.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:18 am

After reading the Canthers latest box score, I'm assuming AE is hurt or no longer on the roster :?:

Glad I watched reruns of Pawn Stars instead of the game last night. :lol:
BLACK SATURDAY

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:47 am

Black Saturday wrote:After reading the Canthers latest box score, I'm assuming AE is hurt or no longer on the roster :?:

Glad I watched reruns of Pawn Stars instead of the game last night. :lol:
He was on the field several times that I saw, and even had a tackle (came from across the field to grab a guy who picked off an Anderson pass). I turned it off after that, but he got some PT. I didn't recall them throwing his direction, however.
Give 'em hell!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 am

Yep - he was on the field a couple of times early - he was on the same side as LaFell when LaFell caught a big pass from Newton - finally turned it off as it was clear they had no intent on getting the ball to AE
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:23 am

I don't know what to think. He did get PT in the 3rd and 4th, no throws but I am wondering if the int that Anderson threw was supposed to go to AE and he broke off the route. The fact that Gettis, Pilares, Smith, LeFell, Murphy and Tutu and Adams are all mentioned cause me concern. Having said that, Adams did not play WR last night and Gettis is not back on the field yet. AE can back up Adams and is now finally competant as a WR. Since they have 2 years invested in him he might just stick and they will cut Tutu.

Our kickoff returns were crap and I wonder if he might not get another shot.

Cam will play 1 or 2 series next week and Anderson will get in through the 1st half and then its goodbye to Jimmy in the 3rd and 4th. If AE gets in with Anderson in the 2nd its an indication he will stick and then all the kids that will be cut will get in in the rest of the game. Give'em hell AE

mark30183

Unread post by mark30183 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 am

Another note about the Panther receivers. According to the game stats, Tutu was the target 3 times with 0 catches! That is all I have to say about that.
Dr. Mark

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:54 pm

yeah rek I'm not overly impressed with Pilares - he had 2 KO returns where he didn't even get to the 15 - his numbers last year were skewed because he had that 101 yard return - however even if they keep AE he won't see the field - SSmith and Gettis didn't even play last night and AE had no passes thrown his way ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”