Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Cadet blurb ---

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Cadet blurb ---

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:12 pm

from cbssports.com ---

Here are this year's sleepers.

Sam Bradford, QB, Rams: Bradford was on pace for a career year, averaging 20.3 Fantasy points per week, when he tore his ACL at Carolina in Week 7. The rehab's gone well and he should be fine for the start of the season. Better yet, his young receiving corps is a year wiser, his offensive line has been re-stocked and the running game is even more of a strength than it was coming into 2013. Last year proved Bradford's not a fluke even though he's never hit 4,000 yards or more than 21 touchdowns in a season. This year he'll prove he's one of the best young field generals in the league. Fantasy owners can invest a late pick in him and either hang on to him as a capable bye-week replacement (we love pairing him as a bye-week quarterback with Colin Kaepernick or Ben Roethlisberger) or ship him off soon after his bye week for roster help. He's the backup Fantasy quarterback I'd chase if I couldn't get Cam Newton or Carson Palmer.
I'd take him ahead of: Ryan Tannehill, Eli Manning and any rookie quarterback

Travaris Cadet, RB, Saints: When Sean Payton was asked in March who would replace Darren Sproles in the offense he said there were a "number of ways" and then only mentioned one guy: Cadet. Since then the Saints added rookie receiver Brandin Cooks to potentially take some of the targets that might have otherwise gone to Sproles but Cadet received rave reviews in minicamp and seems to have a shot to work as the Saints' passing downs back. This is a role that could just as easily be filled by veteran Pierre Thomas, especially if breakout candidate Khiry Robinson lands the primary rushing downs role, but Cadet's a bigger-than-expected back with hands just as good as Thomas and better speed. If the coaches gain more confidence in Cadet during camp then this is the Saints back to have in PPR leagues and probably the second-best back in standard leagues. Best of all is that he's off a lot of Fantasy owners' radars, so landing him in Round 11 or 12 might be too soon!
I'd take him ahead of: James Starks, Roy Helu, Marcus Lattimore and Mark Ingram
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appbanker
School: Appalachian State

Re: Cadet blurb ---

Unread post by appbanker » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:23 pm

From Bear's Training Camp Report (Suntimes)

"The first-team defense worked against a “wildcat” look, with wide receiver Armanti Edwards at quarterback and Jordan Lynch at running back"

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:12 pm

appbanker wrote:From Bear's Training Camp Report (Suntimes)

"The first-team defense worked against a “wildcat” look, with wide receiver Armanti Edwards at quarterback and Jordan Lynch at running back"
Nice!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:05 am

Maddog1956 wrote:
appbanker wrote:From Bear's Training Camp Report (Suntimes)

Nice!
I'm not so sure about this - I have been following the Bears training camp info and AE was brought in for a shot at PR/KR and as a possible 4th/5th WR --- the pictures and blurbs I have read so far don't show him as the frontrunner for either return position and I have seen pictures of 7 or 8 WRs catching passes and have yet to see one of him --- I want so much for Armanti to get a REAL CHANCE to play in the NFL - not sure he picked the right team right now --- Hope I am 100% wrong :(
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:44 am

DUMBASSES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panthers camp: Punt returners struggle in practice
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:15 am

Excited for Cadet!

DeAndre is on the Panthers' PUP list...what happened?

As for AE running the Wildcat with the Bears, it's only good news if he's running it WITH the 1st Team Offense. Him running it against the 1st Team Defense is not a good sign.

Hope to hear good things on Quick and others too.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:41 am

Hot off the Wire news, rumors and tips

Panthers | De'Andre Presley placed on PUP list

Carolina Panthers WR De'Andre Presley (stress fracture) was placed on the team's Physically Unable to Perform list Thursday, July 24.

2014-07-24 09:56:57 | Source: Panthers.com

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=915917 ... z38m3k29q5

Preseason PUP[edit]

A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

Regular-Season PUP[edit]

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season.[1]
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Boone Goon wrote:Excited for Cadet!

DeAndre is on the Panthers' PUP list...what happened?

As for AE running the Wildcat with the Bears, it's only good news if he's running it WITH the 1st Team Offense. Him running it against the 1st Team Defense is not a good sign.

I had an interesting exchange of ideas with our Catamount friend Mark Speir. He thinks AE has the drive and the work ethic to make it Chicago, but I agree with your assessment. If Armanti running the scout squad it is not a good sign.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:40 pm

I cringe everytime I read something about Armanti and Wildcat.

Wildcat is a play in which a running back takes the snap instead of the QB. It only works cleverly disguised and when the Defense doesn't recognize it.

Armanti is not a running back. I cannot possibly imagine this kind of a play working with him. Defense would be all over it. Why's an infrequently used WR lined up behind center?

Maybe they are assessing whether he's a better QB than Clausen?

NO Wildcat for AE please. PR/KR/WR OR QB.

I could see him in at WR and then throw a pass off an an end around or something.

dp42828

Unread post by dp42828 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:44 pm

All we can hope is that SOMEONE will use their imagination with AE. I mean, he's not replacing Cutler...but if he could come in as a wrinkle and run in the slot some...

Sounds like Cadet may get the chance AE hasn't had.

Go Apps!
David
2004 Marketing & Management Grad

AppRy

Unread post by AppRy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:02 am

Boone Goon wrote:
Quick has been getting rave reviews from a fantasy analyst and Rams can that I follow on twitter. Again this morning he is talking up Quick.

AppRy

Unread post by AppRy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:05 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:I cringe everytime I read something about Armanti and Wildcat.

Wildcat is a play in which a running back takes the snap instead of the QB. It only works cleverly disguised and when the Defense doesn't recognize it.

Armanti is not a running back. I cannot possibly imagine this kind of a play working with him. Defense would be all over it. Why's an infrequently used WR lined up behind center?

Maybe they are assessing whether he's a better QB than Clausen?

NO Wildcat for AE please. PR/KR/WR OR QB.

I could see him in at WR and then throw a pass off an an end around or something.
I didn't read the article but a lot of inexperienced writers incorrectly use the term wildcat for spread offense. That said, probably not great that AE is running scout O instead of WR reps.

I saw a report a couple weeks ago that Trestman was already working his magic on Clausen and he had moved into the backup QB spot.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:33 am

Does anybody else sense the irony of Armanti & Clausen being in yet another preseason camp together? I wonder if they have become friends.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”