Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Armanti Makes Bears Highlight Reel

appbanker
School: Appalachian State

Armanti Makes Bears Highlight Reel

Unread post by appbanker » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:25 am

Armanti makes a nice diving catch in Thursday's Bears Highlight reel (#80 at the beginning of the highlights):

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/ ... f3e37d31fc

Rekdiver

Re: Armanti Makes Bears Highlight Reel

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:34 pm

He's also been mentioned by some Bears bloggers and making the team as the PR....A couple said his first burst after catching the bass was much quicker than the others...

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:24 pm

Finally something showing Armanti - I have checked the Bears website as well as the Chicago newspapers several times a day and that is the first shot I have seen of him - also they have had 3 separate articles about 3 possible PR/KR candidates - none of which has been about AE --- I keep hoping !!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:17 pm

Robbie Gould (K)
Pat O’Donnell (P)
Chad Rempel (LS)
Armanti Edwards (PR)

From Clyde Speller 23 hours ago @rantsports

Predicting the final roster....

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:24 pm

Rekdiver wrote:Robbie Gould (K)
Pat O’Donnell (P)
Chad Rempel (LS)
Armanti Edwards (PR)

From Clyde Speller 23 hours ago @rantsports

Predicting the final roster....
Hope this guy knows his stuff ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:00 am

These are the 3 Bears who have pieces written about them as the possible PR/KR - I know it means nothing until they actually play some games but it does appear that AE has a struggle on his hands ---
Candidates for the punt and kickoff return spots include Eric Weems, Micheal Spurlock, Chris Williams. The openings were created during the offseason when the Bears chose not to re-sign free agent Devin Hester, who ultimately joined the Falcons.

WEEMS is the most experienced of the group. Spending his first five seasons with the Falcons from 2007-11, he averaged 25.6 yards on 113 kickoff returns and 10.6 yards on 77 punt returns. He was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2010 when he returned three kicks for touchdowns, including a 102-yard kickoff return in a playoff game against the Packers.

Weems was used sparingly in the return game the past two seasons with the Bears because he was behind Hester, who owns the NFL's all-time record with 18 combined kick return touchdowns. But with Hester gone, Weems now has a chance to win the job.

"I've been patient for the last two years and now I feel like it's my turn, and I'm going to take full advantage of it," Weems said.

The Bears signed Spurlock and Edwards June 3, exactly one week after veteran return man Domenik Hixon was lost for the season with a torn ACL in the Bears' first OTA practice.

SPURLOCK has played in 67 games with two starts over seven seasons with the Cardinals (2006), Buccaneers (2007, '09-11), 49ers (2009), Chargers (2012), Jaguars (2012), Lions (2013) and Cowboys (2013). He has averaged 9.6 yards with two touchdowns on 81 punt returns and 24.2 yards and three TDs on 107 kickoff returns.

WILLIAMS is an intriguing prospect the Bears signed last December off the Saints practice squad. The New Mexico product played three seasons in the Canadian Football League with the Hamilton Tiger Cats, setting a CFL record with six return touchdowns in 2012.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
these are the other two ---

Edwards has appeared in 41 games over four seasons with the Panthers (2010-13) and Browns (2013), averaging 7.0 yards on 40 punt returns and 19.7 yards on 15 kickoff returns while adding six receptions for 131 yards and three rushes for 12 yards.

Ford is also a possibility. The second-year pro from LSU ranked second in the SEC in kickoff returns in 2012, averaging 27.5 yards with four returns of at least 40 yards.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:50 pm

I think it's interesting that AE was the only one with WR stats mentioned. Maybe being able to serve as both could help our boy out!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:52 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:I think it's interesting that AE was the only one with WR stats mentioned. Maybe being able to serve as both could help our boy out!
I'm hoping so !!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:34 pm

The kick-return position is still wide open. Armanti Edwards showed the most burst in an early drill Wednesday. He was the last of five players to get a shot, following Eric Weems, Michael Ford, Chris Williams and Micheal Spurlock. … From the Chicago Tribune…

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:21 am

He made Friday's highlights as well. About halfway through catching a pass and shortly after that defending a tipped pass interception.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/ ... 37afbc56ee

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 am

photos from last night's FanFest - 2nd picture is of Armanti signing an autograph ---
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/ ... e879054c91
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:07 pm

Another encouraging thing to me, is that it looks both of Armanti's highlights were passes thrown by Cutler. Am I reading too much into this?

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:55 pm

Doesn't look good --- Bears released first depth chart --- :(

Armanti is listed 5th at one WR spot - not listed on the other WR
he is listed 5th in KR
he is listed 4th in PR

UGH!!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:47 am

WVAPPeer wrote:Doesn't look good --- Bears released first depth chart --- :(

Armanti is listed 5th at one WR spot - not listed on the other WR
he is listed 5th in KR
he is listed 4th in PR

UGH!!!
Armanti will by default move up one spot on the WR depth chart as the #2 guy (who is also their go-to guy when going 3WR) broke his clavicle yesterday ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

jclement48

Unread post by jclement48 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:55 am

Who broke their clavicle?
ASTCMountaineer

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:59 pm

If I remember correctly it was Marquess Wilson
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:58 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:photos from last night's FanFest - 2nd picture is of Armanti signing an autograph ---
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/ ... e879054c91
Nice pic of Armanti. It would be hard to get used to seeing him as #80, but I hope Armanti makes it with DA BEARS!
Give Em Hell!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:24 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:If I remember correctly it was Marquess Wilson
The latest post from the Bears webpage doesn't even mention Armanti - really puzzling and disheartening --- :cry:

Battle for third receiver job wide open
Posted 18 hours ago
By Larry Mayer

Marquess Wilson seemed to be solidifying his role as the Bears’ No. 3 receiver before fracturing his right clavicle while diving for a long pass Monday in practice.

With Wilson sidelined indefinitely following surgery Tuesday morning, the Bears are keeping all of their options open in the hunt for a new third receiver.

Eric Weems has seen limited action on offense in two seasons with the Bears.
The top contenders for the spot behind Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery on the current roster include, in alphabetical order, Josh Bellamy, Josh Morgan, Eric Weems and Chris Williams.

The Bears added another receiver to the mix Tuesday night when they signed Greg Herd. The Eastern Washington product entered the NFL in 2013 as an undrafted free agent with the Cowboys. He also spent time with the Seahawks last summer in training camp.

Asked what he’s looking for in Wilson’s replacement, coach Marc Trestman said: “We want to see guys who can make plays and take care of the ball, protect the ball, know what to do and how to do it at the right time—just like we ask of each and every player at their position.”

Bellamy has appeared in eight NFL games, all as a reserve, in two seasons with the Chiefs (2012), Chargers (2013) and Redskins (2013). He averaged 20.2 yards on five kickoff returns with Kansas City in 2012, but has yet to catch a pass in a regular-season game.

Morgan spent his first six NFL seasons with the 49ers (2008-11) and Redskins (2012-13), catching 199 passes for 2,488 yards and 11 touchdowns in 79 games. With Washington, he had 48 receptions for 510 yards and two TDs in 2012 and 20 catches for 214 yards in 2013.

Weems enters his third year with the Bears after spending his first five NFL seasons with the Falcons (2007-11). Primarily a special-teams contributor, he has caught three passes for 35 yards in 32 games with the Bears.

The Bears signed Williams prior to last year’s season finale off the Saints’ practice squad. Before joining New Orleans last October, he spent three seasons in the CFL with the Hamilton Tiger Cats, setting a league record with six return touchdowns in 2012.

Cutler has often expressed a preference for big receivers such as Marshall (6-5), Jeffery (6-3) and Wilson (6-4). But the veteran quarterback doesn’t seem to mind that potential replacements Bellamy (6-0), Morgan (6-1), Weems (5-9) and Williams (5-8) all are considerably shorter.

“They all have big catch radiuses,” Cutler said. “It’s not like they have small catch radiuses. They can go get the ball high or low. We’ve worked with them enough to have a feel for what they are capable of. I think we have to get in some game situations and see how it unfolds.”

Trestman declined to answer a reporter’s question about which candidate is most like Wilson.

“I don’t want to go there,” said the Bears coach. “They all have their differences. To give a short sound bite isn’t fair to the other guys. I’d have to do an hour just on the receivers.

“Just keep watching them. You’ll see how productive they are. Right now we need them to get lined up right, know where to go, be in the right place and catch the ball against the competition they’re facing. With Marquess out, they’re getting reps against guys that are ones, and that’s a good thing.”

Cutler empathizes with Wilson while understanding that the Bears must move forward without him.

“It’s tough,” Cutler said. “He was having a heck of a camp. I feel bad for him, but the good thing is we’ll get him back. We’ll see what happens throughout the preseason. We’ll get through some of these games and get some guys on film and you never know who is going to step up.”
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:18 pm

At some point we have accept the reality that AE is not likely to be a factor in the NFL. He is with his third team now and has yet to really stand out.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:52 pm

hapapp wrote:At some point we have accept the reality that AE is not likely to be a factor in the NFL. He is with his third team now and has yet to really stand out.
It would be easier to stomach if the Panthers hadn't touted him as the best training camp receiver of all time. :?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”