Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Projected Rosters

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Projected Rosters

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:19 pm

per espn.com --- Know this is just a guess by the writers but it doesn't look promising for our APPs
As of today, those listed as likely to make the rosters
- Sam Martin
- Brian Quick
- Daniel Kilgore
- Demetrius McCray
- Travaris Cadet
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Boone Goon
School: Appalachian State

Re: Projected Rosters

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Not seeing DJ's name is surprising.

It's sad, but I think AE has played his last football...

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:38 pm

Boone Goon wrote:Not seeing DJ's name is surprising.

I was as well but DJ was listed in the "follow-up" as a possible to be in the mix for the last LB slot because of special team play ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Miller is still PS eligible and of course Peacock, Washington, and Kimbrough are. There are still three preseason games left and all the bubble guys will see time in one and a half of them. DeAndre getting hurt killed him in Carolina as he was playing well and they are short in the lower ranks of receivers. AE was never in a good situation with all the receivers Chicago has but he didn't have much choice. DJ has the ability to break into that last spot for the Panthers.

On a side note Mark LeGree is doing well in Canada. Had two interceptions in the last game and one in the previous game.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:55 pm

As many good reports as there have been on Peacock and Washington, I expect they'll make a roster eventually. Might just have to either wait on an injury or find a new team.

I also expect DJ Smith will get picked up by someone if the Panthers cut him.

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:30 pm

I don't think AE is done yet. I think he still has a chance in Canada and can maybe make a name for himself there. As much as I dislike New England, I wish he had been drafted by them. They at least know how to develop a receiver with his talents.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:44 pm

I see my post didn't post....

DJ will make the Panthers squad. Miller, Washington and Kimbrough need breakout mistake free games. Peacock will make the Lions practice squad.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:22 pm

firemoose wrote:Miller is still PS eligible and of course Peacock, Washington, and Kimbrough are. There are still three preseason games left and all the bubble guys will see time in one and a half of them. DeAndre getting hurt killed him in Carolina as he was playing well and they are short in the lower ranks of receivers. AE was never in a good situation with all the receivers Chicago has but he didn't have much choice. DJ has the ability to break into that last spot for the Panthers.

On a side note Mark LeGree is doing well in Canada. Had two interceptions in the last game and one in the previous game.
The piece I read today did mention Peacock as a candidate for the PS - I would say if the other 3 have solid playing time in the remaining games they should have a good shot to make their current teams PS or that of another team ---

Moose is right that Armanti didn't have much choice nor much of a shot with all the WRs the Bears have and they brought in several return guys - But, I guess, well I'm pretty sure, it is better for him to be working out and playing instead of waiting for his phone to ring ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:33 pm

appbanker wrote:

I don't think AE is done yet. I think he still has a chance in Canada and can maybe make a name for himself there. As much as I dislike New England, I wish he had been drafted by them. They at least know how to develop a receiver with his talents.
AE is one of 8 WRs on the Bears' current depth chart; one of 3 PRs; and one of 4 KRs. Tough odds. I think he could play any of three or four positions in Canada. Really thought he'd have gone up there this season. Not certain he got sage advice from his agent(s). It's late to catch on there this season and next year would make it 4-5 years since he had any serious playing time anywhere. That's working against him in the background.

The guy was just dealt a bad hand of cards from the get-go. I'll never let the pinko panthers off the hook for that! Never.

Would eventually like to see him back on the sidelines at KBS if coaching is something he'd like to do.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Yep - still can't stand to look at that arrogant ahole John Fox ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:15 pm

What's worse is Jimmy Clausen is probably going to make the Bears as the 2nd QB, and the Panthers are in desperate search for some quality WRs...have to wonder what might have been if AE could have gotten some legit chances at QB the year JC was stinking it up or if he could have stuck for just one more training camp with the Panthers...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”