Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Panthers QB Situation

Maddog1956
School: Appalachian State

Re: Panthers QB Situation

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:59 pm

AppState2014 wrote:
mtnjax wrote:Please, just STOP

AE will NEVER be a QB in the NFL. just accept it.
I'm with you. He's just too small to be given that shot. If he wants to play QB then he needs to go to the CFL. If he were just 6'0 210 pounds then he has a shot but at 5'11, 185 or 190 he would get killed in that league as a QB. Those fat boys at Michigan may not have been able to get him but they will in the NFL.
The same was said about Drew Brees whose only 1 inch taller and 19 lbs heavier and less natural ability than AE. Considering the record most teams have with draft picks I don't trust their stats too much. I agree however that he'll never get the chance.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:59 pm

asu66 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:Regardless of what becomes of AE's pro career, I would never put Armanti Edwards and "waste of a roster spot" in the same sentence. He may never be a Super Bowl MVP, but I remember a December night in Chattanooga when he torched a future Super Bowl MVP 49-21. But some folks wouldn't know anything about that.
Well said; and a substantiated fact. Joe Flacco who?
I'd like to have Flacco's bank account, though. :!:
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:00 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:
asu66 wrote:
MAD Doctor wrote:Regardless of what becomes of AE's pro career, I would never put Armanti Edwards and "waste of a roster spot" in the same sentence. He may never be a Super Bowl MVP, but I remember a December night in Chattanooga when he torched a future Super Bowl MVP 49-21. But some folks wouldn't know anything about that.
AE beat him like a rug and he's the best in the NFL and AE doesn't even rate a chance, :lol:

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Maddog1956 wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
asu66 wrote:
AE beat him like a rug and he's the best in the NFL and AE doesn't even rate a chance, :lol:
I will never believe that Armanti Edwards was not an NFL quarterback. Given how his WR experiment has turned out, I think he should have stuck to his guns and insisted that he wanted to play QB.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:29 pm

appst89 wrote:
I will never believe that Armanti Edwards was not an NFL quarterback. Given how his WR experiment has turned out, I think he should have stuck to his guns and insisted that he wanted to play QB.
My only regret is that I can only give you one rep point for this post.

I agree 100%.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:49 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
sixtoes9134 wrote:Cam Newton cracked rib, Derek Anderson's wife having a baby, Blanchard out with concussion, what happens if Webb gets hurt?

Given the Panthers current WR situation and now this, too bad they cut Armanti.
Sorry, but I just don't give a $%!+ about who plays where for the panthers ---
Thank you.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Maddog1956 wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
asu66 wrote:
To be fair, our D beat Flacco like a rug. Even so, I hope you don't actually think I (or anyone) thinks Flacco is the be in the NFL. He is paid like it, but that's another story.

Nevertheless, I would still like to have his bank roll.
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:59 pm

ASUMountaineer wrote:
Maddog1956 wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
asu66 wrote:
To be fair, our D beat Flacco like a rug. Even so, I hope you don't actually think I (or anyone) thinks Flacco is the be in the NFL. He is paid like it, but that's another story.

Nevertheless, I would still like to have his bank roll.
Everyone can pick their benchmark, currently being the highest paid makes him the best by someone benchmark. :lol:

AE had 3 TD passing for 198 plus 89 rushing and a ending score of 49 - 21, I would think AE pretty much beat him like a rug. The Hen's 21 is a respectable score in any game.

As ESPN said "The Blue Hens couldn't stop Appalachian State even when the Mountaineers tried to give them the ball." That's pretty much the highest praise an "O" can get. That game was clearly an unstopped O to me and AE lead the offense.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:32 pm

AppHoops wrote:
In fact, AE was 2-0 against NFL QB's that year. (Henne and Flacco)
Something about those helmets AE was playing against.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:43 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
AppHoops wrote:
That has nothing to do with kind of pro QB he would have been. It's time to get over the fact that AE is not likely going to be a factor in the NFL. That takes nothing away from his collegiate accomplishments. He will forever be one of the greatest Mountaineers ever and nothing can diminish his stature among App faithful.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:34 pm

AppHoops wrote:
What about Dingle Martin? He had a short stay in the pros or was that another year?
BLACK SATURDAY

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:02 pm

What year did we beat CCU in the playoffs? Tyler Thigpen played a few years in the NFL.
Give 'em hell!

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:19 pm

hapapp wrote:
AppHoops wrote:
That has nothing to do with kind of pro QB he would have been. It's time to get over the fact that AE is not likely going to be a factor in the NFL. That takes nothing away from his collegiate accomplishments. He will forever be one of the greatest Mountaineers ever and nothing can diminish his stature among App faithful.
I agree with you that he is not likely to be a factor in the NFL due to the circumstances in which he currently finds himself. That, in no way changes my belief that he was, and still could be, an NFL quarterback.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:38 pm

appmaj wrote:if you are near Charlotte you can listen to WFNZ and hear about Cam 24 hours a day. :D
The dude even has a line of clothes he endorses for sale in Belk's and Dillards.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Maddog1956

Unread post by Maddog1956 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:18 pm

appst89 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
AppHoops wrote:
I agree with you that he is not likely to be a factor in the NFL due to the circumstances in which he currently finds himself. That, in no way changes my belief that he was, and still could be, an NFL quarterback.
I agree and he would have been a much better value than what teams have paid players with much less abilities.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:36 pm

I was there and remember it well! "Torched" is putting it mildly and IMO the game wasn't as close as the score indicated.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:57 am

I didn't realize that Armanti beat Delaware all by himself. I don't think neither he nor Flacco played defense against one another. I would like to have seen AE get a chance to have played QB in the pros but apparently no one at that level thought he could. To suggest because AE out played Flacco in one head to head match up proves that he was a better pro QB prospect and would have been an all-pro seems a bit of stretch to me. The reputation of our football program doesn't live or die based on AE's pro career.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:30 am

Armanti didn't beat Delaware all by himself. He beat Richmond all by himself.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:31 am

AppinVA wrote:Armanti didn't beat Delaware all by himself. He beat Richmond all by himself.
So true!! :D

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:04 am

"To suggest because AE out played Flacco in one head to head match up proves that he was a better pro QB prospect and would have been an all-pro seems a bit of stretch to me."

Never said nor implied that AE was a better pro QB prospect or anything about being an all-pro.
Just that on that night AE led us to an overwhelming championship victory over the team Flacco led.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”