Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Bottom Line

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Bottom Line

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 am

Let's cut to the chase. As of today, how many former Apps do we have still left in the NFL, either practice squad, IR, etc?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

firemoose

Re: Bottom Line

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:00 am

Cut all you want but the final numbers will not come in until the 53 is set and the Practice Squads are picked. Then you can look at the final numbers. Anything before that is a snapshot, not a final picture.

And just to be clear Practice Squads are not picked until after the active rosters are set.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:07 am

firemoose wrote:Cut all you want but the final numbers will not come in until the 53 is set and the Practice Squads are picked. Then you can look at the final numbers. Anything before that is a snapshot, not a final picture.
As little as I know about the NFL, I realized that, but I just hoped someone could say how many we have as of today. fm, I just don't follow the NFL in the least except former Mountaineers past and present. I just care very little about professional sports of any variety.
Thanks for your (as well as Charlie's) frequent updates about our prep recruiting as well as our guys in the NFL. Fingers crossed for those former players now on NFL rosters. Looking forward to seeing which ones make the 53 man rosters.
Google SUX

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:20 am

NewApp wrote:
firemoose wrote:Cut all you want but the final numbers will not come in until the 53 is set and the Practice Squads are picked. Then you can look at the final numbers. Anything before that is a snapshot, not a final picture.
As little as I know about the NFL, I realized that, but I just hoped someone could say how many we have as of today. fm, I just don't follow the NFL in the least except former Mountaineers past and present. I just care very little about professional sports of any variety.
Thanks for your (as well as Charlie's) frequent updates about our prep recruiting as well as our guys in the NFL. Fingers crossed for those former players now on NFL rosters. Looking forward to seeing which ones make the 53 man rosters.
Sorry that post came across as short but I was right in the middle of checking on some information. I was in a hurry. Didn't mean it like it sounded. Right now we have:

Active:
Travaris Cadet-New Orleans Saints
Armanti Edwards-Chicago Bears
Daniel Kilgore-San Francisco 49ers
Sam Martin-Detroit Lions
Andrew Peacock-Detroit Lions
Brian Quick-St. Louis Rams
D.J. Smith-Carolina Panthers
Demetrius McCray-Jacksonville Jaguars

Reserve/PUP:
De'Andre Presley-Carolina Panthers (can come back six weeks into the season. They could have placed him on IR and cut him but by putting him on Reserve/PUP they at least want a chance to bring him back)

Practice Squad Eligible:
Tony Washington
Jeremy Kimbrough
Steven Miller

Of the actives Peacock, AE and DJ are in the most danger of being cut but Peacock is PS eligible and DJ is projected by a little more than half of the "experts" to make it. AE is in the most danger. And in case we've forgot the CFL.

CFL:
Mark LeGree-Saskatchewan Roughriders
Ed Gainey- Free Agent

LeGreedy is third in the CFL in interceptions right now.
Last edited by firemoose on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 am

firemoose wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Sorry that post came across as short but I was right in the middle of checking on some information. I was in a hurry. Didn't mean it like it sounded. Right now we have:

Active:
Sam Martin-Detroit Lions

Reserve/PUP:
De'Andre Presley-Carolina Panthers (can come back six weeks into the season. They could have placed him on IR and cut him but by putting him on Reserve/PUP they at least want a chance to bring him back)

Practice Squad Eligible:
Tony Washington
Andrew Peacock
Jeremy Kimbrough
Steven Miller

Of the actives all but AE and DJ are safe and DJ is projected by a little more than half of the "experts" to make it. AE is in the most danger. And in case we've forgot the CFL.

CFL:
Ed Gainey- Free Agent

WOW! That is about three or more times than I thought. Thanks for your research, firemoose.
Google SUX

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:53 am

firemoose wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Active:
Sam Martin-Detroit Lions

Reserve/PUP:

Practice Squad Eligible:
Tony Washington
Andrew Peacock
Jeremy Kimbrough
Steven Miller

Of the actives all but AE and DJ are safe and DJ is projected by a little more than half of the "experts" to make it. AE is in the most danger. And in case we've forgot the CFL.

CFL:
Ed Gainey- Free Agent

When was Peacock cut? He still appears on their roster.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/rost ... roit-lions

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:08 am

hapapp wrote:When was Peacock cut? He still appears on their roster.
Whoops. It was showing on the SB Nation site but it's not there anymore. He's still on the active roster. I'll edit my post.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:09 am

Peacock's one of 8 WRs showing on the Lions' depth chart.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/depth-chart.html
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:12 am

I've been following Peacock closely and quite a few people thing he would be a candidate for an active roster spot on many teams but because the Lions are so loaded at WR they will put him on the PS...It is possible that once he hits the waiver wire he will get picked up by another team...He's been nothing but solid in camp.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:14 am

asu66 wrote:Peacock's one of 8 WRs showing on the Lions' depth chart.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/depth-chart.html
Yep. The Pride of Detroit had him cut yesterday but that has been removed. I must have just looked at the wrong time. CBS didn't update until last night/this morning and I just went with what I saw. Should have double checked. Too much going on today.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:14 am

firemoose wrote:
hapapp wrote:When was Peacock cut? He still appears on their roster.
Whoops. It was showing on the SB Nation site but it's not there anymore. He's still on the active roster. I'll edit my post.
No problem. My guess is, that will be the case. As some have suggested, if he does get cut, perhaps he will get a call from another club.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:18 am

Rekdiver wrote:I've been following Peacock closely and quite a few people thing he would be a candidate for an active roster spot on many teams but because the Lions are so loaded at WR they will put him on the PS...It is possible that once he hits the waiver wire he will get picked up by another team...He's been nothing but solid in camp.
I've been following it too and was surprised when I read what I did. Again, should have double checked. The coaches have talked about how crisp his routes have been and how he's been able to get separation. If they are going to cut him they will wait until final cuts to try and hide him on the PS. The staff really seems to like him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”