Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Corey Lynch in Yahoo article

boonedocks

Corey Lynch in Yahoo article

Unread post by boonedocks » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Has anyone seen the APB in Pat Forde's latest column on Yahoo?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--for ... tball.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll to bottom, just before the end of the column.

We should e-mail him to update him on Corey's NFL career, etc. Might also be worth noting the number of guys we have in the NFL that played in the Michigan game...may get a little more pub for ASU.

anybody up for sending an e-mail?

BUTCH1991
School: Appalachian State

Re: Corey Lynch in Yahoo article

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Saw that earlier. What kind of moron writer doesn't simply google Corey Lynch and find out that he's still in the NFL? That's pathetic journalism to have to put out an APB for him like he's fallen off the face of the earth.

asumike83

Unread post by asumike83 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:46 pm

I actually already sent him an e-mail, complete with Corey Lynch's career path, the teams he's played for and career statistics. Did not mention all the other Apps from that team that are in the NFL, though. Could be a good follow-up for someone to send.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:08 pm

How incredibly incompetent. I'm not really surprised though because the bar for journalism/reporting has been lowered so fat as to be practically nonexistent. Pathetic.

skjellyfetti

Unread post by skjellyfetti » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:09 pm

I don't think it's incompetent journalism. His APB section is a regular part of his Forde Yard Dash column and frequently features people that google would turn up most basic information on their career.

A lot of times he's looking for more than just, "Oh, he plays for the Chargers now." I think it's a way for him to feel out for stories.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:16 pm

It seems Forde has Cline's google skills.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:18 am

AppinVA wrote:It seems Forde has Cline's google skills.
Thanks again for one of your classy posts, (Nathan RichmondApp).

Many times I ask questions on here to get the response of those who know things first hand. Google is not always a good source, eg. the post I asked about a basketball player from ASU and you googled a football player by the same name. Remember?

BTW, why did you change your moniker from the Delphi MMB after chastising me for changing mine years ago? Consistency?

Have a nice day. :geek:
a.k.a JC0429

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:53 am

You're welcome, and wrong. That was Beau, not me -- for that one, at least. I changed my handle when we moved to the new board so all of my ASU related forum handles match. Technically, it was wrong as I haven't lived in Richmond for over a decade. I thought about changing it last year for consistency's sake, but I realized it would be hypocritical. Doing so now, not so much. Still, it was my only handle over there, and this will be my only one here, unless I move to another state.

Years ago? I'm sure I "chastised" you more recently. :D
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:31 am

AppinVA wrote:You're welcome, and wrong. That was Beau, not me -- for that one, at least. I changed my handle when we moved to the new board so all of my ASU related forum handles match. Technically, it was wrong as I haven't lived in Richmond for over a decade. I thought about changing it last year for consistency's sake, but I realized it would be hypocritical. Doing so now, not so much. Still, it was my only handle over there, and this will be my only one here, unless I move to another state.

Sorry for the mix-up. :|

I don't understand the hypocritical comment. Many on this board have changed their screen names and yet they don't get called out. That's the hypocritical factor IMOp. You know the "pot-kettle" thing.
a.k.a JC0429

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:14 pm

AppinVA wrote:You're welcome, and wrong. That was Beau, not me -- for that one, at least. I changed my handle when we moved to the new board so all of my ASU related forum handles match. Technically, it was wrong as I haven't lived in Richmond for over a decade. I thought about changing it last year for consistency's sake, but I realized it would be hypocritical. Doing so now, not so much. Still, it was my only handle over there, and this will be my only one here, unless I move to another state.

I wasn't the only one :)
Give 'em hell!

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:15 pm

BeauFoster wrote:

I wasn't the only one :)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
a.k.a JC0429

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Let's see...how shall I say this...

DAYAM!!!
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:33 pm

JCline0429 wrote:

Sorry for the mix-up. :|

I don't understand the hypocritical comment. Many on this board have changed their screen names and yet they don't get called out. That's the hypocritical factor IMOp. You know the "pot-kettle" thing.
Exactly the pot kettle thing. That's why I waited until now to change handles. I am AppInVA on all ASU message boards, as well as the Sun Belt and CAA boards. If I had it all to do over again, I would've used Arnold Babar, Ed Harley and Bobby Lee Swartz.

JCline0429

Unread post by JCline0429 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Appsolutely wrote:
Let's see...how shall I say this...

DAYAM!!!
;)
a.k.a JC0429

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”