Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Quick playing time

85gradinATL

Quick playing time

Unread post by 85gradinATL » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:04 pm

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 3038e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fjblair

Re: Quick playing time

Unread post by fjblair » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:43 pm

So what is the deal? Tough to get answers in the NFL.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 am

My guess would be that's he's just still behind. Remember he only played one year of high school football and played in a college system with a pretty simple route tree. His athletic ability allowed him to overcome his deficiencies, which were evident in how he lacked blocking skills and sometimes took plays off when he wasn't involved. That was discussed several times on the OMMB. I think he's going to make it but it probably won't be this year. NFL fans have to learn to be patient. There have been many great players throughout the history of the NFL who took a few years to blossom.
WE ARE YOSEF!

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:36 am

he was the first player picked in the second, I believe the 4th receiver picked overall, that pick, in any draft, demands that the player make a postitve contribution in his first year, and justifies the high pick. Its early, but so far you can pretty much say he has underachieved, and has not lived up to his pick. I check every week the boxscore of the Ram's games, and he is not even getting in the games. Becouse of his potential, they will be patent, but only for a while, this is a business and the Rams demand a return on their investment

Black Saturday
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:54 am

moehler wrote:he was the first player picked in the second, I believe the 4th receiver picked overall, that pick, in any draft, demands that the player make a postitve contribution in his first year, and justifies the high pick. Its early, but so far you can pretty much say he has underachieved, and has not lived up to his pick. I check every week the boxscore of the Ram's games, and he is not even getting in the games. Becouse of his potential, they will be patent, but only for a while, this is a business and the Rams demand a return on their investment
I think I have heard similar before with another APP player now in the pros, by chance, are you a Panthers fan or posted on one of their boards :?: jk
BLACK SATURDAY

moehler

Unread post by moehler » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:00 pm

no, I don't really care about the panthers, just a casual fan. Don't misunderstand me, Quick was my favorite player last year, I give the kid alot of credit for turning his life around, when he first got to Boone, I didn't think he would last 2 years in Boone, by his senior year he was a team captain, incrediable!! I also watched the draft just to see where he went. But, facts are facts. counting the preseason, he has been on the team for 7 games, and I believe he has a total of 3 catches, all preseason. Unlike Edwards, he has been given every opportunity to win a starting position. The Rams have alot invested in him, but they will not wait forever, pressure is on him to quickly improve and get his butt on the field

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:12 pm

He has an NFL body and has a world of upside. His mechanics must need work, because we know he can run and catch with the best, imo.
BLACK SATURDAY

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Saw this article on AppFan, comparing Quick to V Jackson.

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/09/25/1 ... eedID=3794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Active today, caught a pass but was apparently out of bounds.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:07 pm

19 yd catch for 1st down by Quick.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”