Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Panthers to the Super Bowl!!!!

mtnjax
School: Appalachian State

Panthers to the Super Bowl!!!!

Unread post by mtnjax » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Congratulations to the Panthers on making Super Bowl 50!!

More importantly, congrats to Steve Wilks, Panthers Asst HC/Secondary coach and App alumni and former player

Bring that title home to the Carolinas!

Rekdiver

Re: Panthers to the Super Bowl!!!!

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:15 am

Just got back from the game. With all the pundits all year saying we weren't that good , beating the Cardinals was as satisfying as whipping the Stink!!!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:09 pm

What a season. One more game! KEEP POUNDING!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:09 pm

What is more enjoyable than watching a team full of guys realizing that they play a game for a living to entertain fans and they have fun doing it? Reminds me of this App team that dances and has fun. That is the way it should be.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
The Appalachian State

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:47 pm

Being a Ravens fan, I am neutral with this Super Bowl. Panthers have had an amazing season, but Peyton has had an amazing career. I'm pulling for him to go out with a Super Bowl win, however wouldn't be upset if Carolina won. If Denver's defense can play like they did against New England, and Manning doesn't turn it over I could see this being a closer game than most expect. Regardless of the outcome, whoever is making the buffalo chicken dip for the Super Bowl party better make extra for me. :P
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:35 pm

If my Panthers are favored it will be the first time....How you can call a 16-1 team the worst 16-1 team in history...1 that leads the NFL is scoring and TO margin is beyond me. The analysts are freaking stupid.. Dilfer, Strahan and the rest of that bunch

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:44 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:Being a Ravens fan, I am neutral with this Super Bowl. Panthers have had an amazing season, but Peyton has had an amazing career. I'm pulling for him to go out with a Super Bowl win, however wouldn't be upset if Carolina won. If Denver's defense can play like they did against New England, and Manning doesn't turn it over I could see this being a closer game than most expect. Regardless of the outcome, whoever is making the buffalo chicken dip for the Super Bowl party better make extra for me. :P
YES!!! Another Ravens/App fan! What are your ties to the Ravens? I'm from Upper-Marlboro.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:22 pm

ComebackShack wrote:
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:Being a Ravens fan, I am neutral with this Super Bowl. Panthers have had an amazing season, but Peyton has had an amazing career. I'm pulling for him to go out with a Super Bowl win, however wouldn't be upset if Carolina won. If Denver's defense can play like they did against New England, and Manning doesn't turn it over I could see this being a closer game than most expect. Regardless of the outcome, whoever is making the buffalo chicken dip for the Super Bowl party better make extra for me. :P
YES!!! Another Ravens/App fan! What are your ties to the Ravens? I'm from Upper-Marlboro.
I have a lot of family in the Baltimore and D.C. areas. I myself was raised and currently live in Northern Virginia. Everyone where I live is either a Steelers, Redskins, or Ravens fan. I went with the obvious best choice :P
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Excuse me, but did I create this thread about the Ravens?!?!

Stay on topic!! Panthers! Super Bowl! App alumni on coaching staff!

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:27 pm

Lol
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

JGthatsme86

Unread post by JGthatsme86 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:46 pm

I was in BOA Stadium last night for the game and all I can say is "Wow!". I can honestly say that I have never watched a blowout football game that was so electric from 30 minutes before kickoff until the final awards ceremony. There was a moment after Luke's interception when it seemed like the stadium was shaking on its foundation!
What a great football season, I got to personally experience our first bowl win in Montgomery and a Panthers home NFC championship live with my son...also a recent App grad. Doesn't get much better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:11 pm

JGthatsme86 wrote:I was in BOA Stadium last night for the game and all I can say is "Wow!". I can honestly say that I have never watched a blowout football game that was so electric from 30 minutes before kickoff until the final awards ceremony. There was a moment after Luke's interception when it seemed like the stadium was shaking on its foundation!
What a great football season, I got to personally experience our first bowl win in Montgomery and a Panthers home NFC championship live with my son...also a recent App grad. Doesn't get much better
I second this. I was there also I don't think I have personally have witnessed a louder more delirious crowd. Wow is all I can say!

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:27 am

I'm pumped for the Panthers, but I just don't have the emotional connection to pro sports that I do with App State sports.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:32 pm

Been a Panther fan since day 1. This season has been a blast. Hate that we lost the Falcon game but I it will be nice not to read for two weeks about the quest for going undefeated. What a great year for my football teams. Apps 11-2 and Panthers shooting for 18-1. That combined record will be tough to top. I won't be shocked if the Panthers blow out the Broncos.

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:59 pm

I was 12 when we got the franchise and 14 when we kicked off for the first time. Being a die hard App State and Panthers fan, big daddy is right, this was an amazing football season!
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:25 am

JGthatsme86 wrote:I was in BOA Stadium last night for the game and all I can say is "Wow!". I can honestly say that I have never watched a blowout football game that was so electric from 30 minutes before kickoff until the final awards ceremony. There was a moment after Luke's interception when it seemed like the stadium was shaking on its foundation!
What a great football season, I got to personally experience our first bowl win in Montgomery and a Panthers home NFC championship live with my son...also a recent App grad. Doesn't get much better!

It was evident on TV that it was a great environment - I'm guessing it was similar to the 3rd championship game against Delaware - total enjoyment, no angst ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:02 pm

Nothing was more fun that us whipping Seattle..........It ranks right up there with the best App games Ive been to.(except Michigan)

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:54 pm

"I'm an African-American QB, that scares people" Newton on why so many people don't like him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:10 pm

appbio91 wrote:"I'm an African-American QB, that scares people" Newton on why so many people don't like him.

There is no question that some people feel that way ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:19 am

appbio91 wrote:"I'm an African-American QB, that scares people" Newton on why so many people don't like him.

There was so much more to his media interview that that quote....I'm not sure what point you are trying to make...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”