The UNC/Duke game

ASUPATCH
School: Appalachian State

Re: The UNC/Duke game

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:25 pm

RankinApp wrote:
ASUPATCH wrote:I could care less about UNC DUKE personally..
Really?
The game is normally intriguing so I do watch it.
:lol:

Dude, you've been hand-wringing about hockey (despite having never seen a game) in every thread where it's been brought up. The original thread was made in jest, as hockey at App isn't happening anytime soon, yet you're whining about how it's a Canadian/European sport. How no one watches. No one cares.

Just having a little fun and driving home the point that plenty of people do. ;)

Carry on.
Not sure how a game is normally intriguing and don't care about them personally is a contradiction. I hate Ohio State and Michigan but normally watch it as well. Notre Dame USC as well. I also enjoy catching the Iron bowl between Bama and Auburn.I like watching rivalries. The thing about Hockey fans is that they get so defensive. If you don't like hockey then you must be stupid or uneducated or "hit over the head with a hockey stick". I am a huge cycling fan. I don't think we should drop mens bball to fully fund our already existent and very successful cycling team. Nor do I ridicule those that don't like cycling. There are a lot of reasons to dislike it....PED's European in nature, But I enjoy it. I realize it is a much more popular sport overseas. I also enjoy NASCAR. Though it is very southern and only one CUP driver owns a degree(ryan newman). Like I said. Hockey is a distant 4th when is comes to American sports and it mainly due to the fact that only 20% of its players are American. Hence a HUGE rivalry between UNC-DUKE even though I dislike them and think the hurt Apps attendance it far more interesting to the majority of Americans than ice Hockey.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:53 pm

I love watching the Duke/UNC/State games, it's NC tradition. May not watch this one just because UNC is so bad. It's a conference game and you never know but Duke should just hammer the squeals.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 pm

RankinApp wrote:
ASUPATCH wrote:I could care less about UNC DUKE personally..
Really?
The game is normally intriguing so I do watch it.
:lol:

Dude, you've been hand-wringing about hockey (despite having never seen a game) in every thread where it's been brought up. The original thread was made in jest, as hockey at App isn't happening anytime soon, yet you're whining about how it's a Canadian/European sport. How no one watches. No one cares.

Just having a little fun and driving home the point that plenty of people do. ;)

Carry on.
Actually we have a VERY GOOD club team most of the time. They could play with a lot of varsity teams.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:46 pm

bcoach wrote: Actually we have a VERY GOOD club team most of the time. They could play with a lot of varsity teams.
Hockey? Yes, I know. It's been discussed in a thread in the basketball subforum (just skim over the whining ;) ). There are quite a few hockey fans here - hopefully at least 20%. :lol:

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:08 pm

fjblair wrote:I love watching the Duke/UNC/State games, it's NC tradition. May not watch this one just because UNC is so bad. It's a conference game and you never know but Duke should just hammer the squeals.
I watch them also. I didn't give 2cents for either hyperbole team but I watched. It was a good football game. I even watch Tuesday night MAC football sometimes. MAC championship was pretty good IIRC. But I just can't get into hockey. Watched rugby the other night oh and I like the Kansas City Bombers :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”