Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Upset alert USA vs SDSU

BlueCreekAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Upset alert USA vs SDSU

Unread post by BlueCreekAppFan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:05 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
AppDawg wrote:
BlueCreekAppFan wrote:I was amazed at the attendance. My guess , based on TV shots of the crowd, is about 10,000. Plenty of empty seats. I cannot imagine KBS having empty seats when we play a top 25 team.
14,741. Sad, sad, sad.
As I posted in another thread, when you let TV set the time of kickoff less than 2 weeks prior to the game, you will sacrifice butts in the seats.

The general consensus in the other thread was that was OK, because we got $250,000 for the TV game.

So, quit yer whining.

FWIW, I prefer the butts.
No whining here. I was pleased with the 24,782 in KBS. We were only missing a few regulars in our section. Maybe they will come back for Homecoming.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:05 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
AppDawg wrote:
BlueCreekAppFan wrote:I was amazed at the attendance. My guess , based on TV shots of the crowd, is about 10,000. Plenty of empty seats. I cannot imagine KBS having empty seats when we play a top 25 team.
14,741. Sad, sad, sad.
As I posted in another thread, when you let TV set the time of kickoff less than 2 weeks prior to the game, you will sacrifice butts in the seats.

The general consensus in the other thread was that was OK, because we got $250,000 for the TV game.

So, quit yer whining.

ASN gave us $250,000 to air the GaSo game? I did not see or at least read that part of other thread you referred to above. That would be worth 6250 tickets at @$40 a ticket.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:45 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
AppDawg wrote:
14,741. Sad, sad, sad.

So, quit yer whining.

No whining from me. I happen to think the same as you with the 10 day advance notice of kick time. Simply stating a fact that 14k for a top 25 team in a SunBelt stadium is embarrassing.

As far as App is concerned, I was pleased with the crowd yesterday. After seeing the flood of tickets available for sale on this site leading upto the game, my expectations were rather low. If only the original holders of those tix and those that purchaed them would ALL show up to the same game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”