Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Turner Field Plan

MountaineerMafia
School: Appalachian State

Turner Field Plan

Unread post by MountaineerMafia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:48 am

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news ... eshow.html

As much as Georgia State was a doormat in football for a while I think the acquisition of Turner Field could do wonders to help that program become more competitive. If nothing else it gives us a cool 'new' venue to travel to for SunBelt away games. I've never been to Turner (because I'm not a baseball fan) but I'd love to go check this out either this year or the next time we play down there.
“I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid” ~ John Gotti

huskie3

Re: Turner Field Plan

Unread post by huskie3 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:33 am

I will definitely be there. I went to '96 Olympics, have been to many Braves games and am excited to go see Turner as a football field.
Bring Your A Game!

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:50 am

I like the steps GS is taking to improve their program, but having lived in Atlanta (midtown) I can attest that it's still going to be an uphill climb for them. People in metro Atlanta either generally don't care for sports, or they care for the 'Dawgs. GT can't even get a foothold there.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 pm

HeffnerIV wrote:I like the steps GS is taking to improve their program, but having lived in Atlanta (midtown) I can attest that it's still going to be an uphill climb for them. People in metro Atlanta either generally don't care for sports, or they care for the 'Dawgs. GT can't even get a foothold there.
Wholeheartedly agree.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”