Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Maryland Presidents Comments on UNC

ericsaid
School: Appalachian State

Maryland Presidents Comments on UNC

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:15 pm

What happens to the rest of the UNC System Athletics funding if UNC gets the death penalty? I'm unfamiliar with how money is dispersed, if at all, among member schools.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor ... -athletics

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Re: Maryland Presidents Comments on UNC

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:48 pm

Wonder how SportsWrAPP 90.5 WASU is feeling about this?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

eggers76

Unread post by eggers76 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:27 pm

I don't believe the rest of the UNC schools have any vested interest in UNC-CH NCAA earnings so it would not matter. Though I believe there definitely would be some sort of trickle down in other ways. UNC- CH will not get the death penalty even if they might deserve it.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:14 pm

I don't believe there will be any penalty against UNC-CH simply because of who they are. If the same level of academic fraud had taken place at The University of Northern Colorado, their athletics department would have already been shuttered.

Appdoggy

Unread post by Appdoggy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Yeah this guy is an idiot. Probably just salty over their horrible move to the Big Ten.

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:38 pm

Be careful lobbing stones from glass houses. I'm not saying Maryland is guilty of anything but there is little way the President could see and be informed of everything going on. He may run the tightest ship around. Maybe I just don't like people walking around with their chin in the air.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:15 pm

Appdoggy wrote:Yeah this guy is an idiot. Probably just salty over their horrible move to the Big Ten.
Shouldn't you find your way over to InsideCarolina?

But Maryland's Pres is right, they should get the death penalty. But they won't, Women's bball will take the brunt of the discipline while MBB and FB take slaps on the wrist. NCAA gotta protect their money makers, if it was App caught in that situation we'd be toast.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:25 pm

NEVER WILL IT HAPPEN. NEVER

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:23 pm

There will never be another death penalty. But they should be able to find some kind of punishment.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:39 pm

A school with systematic pedophilia problems didn't get the death penalty and actually had their penalties later reduced.

Chapel Hill will get hit with some things, but they were able to squeeze out a National Championship beforehand.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:53 pm

T-Dog wrote:A school with systematic pedophilia problems didn't get the death penalty and actually had their penalties later reduced.

Chapel Hill will get hit with some things, but they were able to squeeze out a National Championship beforehand.
And that there is why they have pulled all these stall tactics... mission freakin' accomplished in their minds. Absurd. In my mind, this is precisely why they should get the book thrown at them. Haven't learned a thing.

Appdoggy

Unread post by Appdoggy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:25 pm

AppDawg wrote:
T-Dog wrote:A school with systematic pedophilia problems didn't get the death penalty and actually had their penalties later reduced.

And that there is why they have pulled all these stall tactics... mission freakin' accomplished in their minds. Absurd. In my mind, this is precisely why they should get the book thrown at them. Haven't learned a thing.
So it was wrong to win a national title? There's no evidence to show Bball had anything to do with it...

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:38 pm

Appdoggy wrote:
AppDawg wrote:

So it was wrong to win a national title? There's no evidence to show Bball had anything to do with it...
It has been fairly obvious the last two seasons they have found ways to procedurally delay their hearings before the infractions committee until after the basketball tournament ended. It's even been reported as such.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”