Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

South Carolina cover of Last Chance U

MDaniels84
School: Appalachian State

South Carolina cover of Last Chance U

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:12 am

Did not know if any of you had seen this......... Kind of a cool idea. App's drumline would look and sound good doing this. I really like the cadence.

https://www.seccountry.com/south-caroli ... -u-opening

Rick83

Re: South Carolina cover of Last Chance U

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks for posting...that was clever and well done. I started watching Last Chance U last month to give me a taste of football leading up to the UGA game and I'm already halfway through season 2...I never skip the opening on Last Chance U because I like the drum cadence and the scenes from Scooba, MS.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Interesting show but hard to believe some of those guys get D1 offers coming out of there based on their attitudes and poor academic qualities. Of course, the coach is all over the place.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:55 pm

hapapp wrote:Interesting show but hard to believe some of those guys get D1 offers coming out of there based on their attitudes and poor academic qualities. Of course, the coach is all over the place.
At USC these days, they major in hip-hop and minor in FB.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Hundreds of fans would be thrilled.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:01 pm

It's somewhat clever and well-made. Doesn't do a ton for me, as it's contrived, by design, but not objectionable.

Not sure why some of these responses are morphing into attacks on USC, though. So we're all clear, Last Chance U is a show about JuCo players. It has nothing to do with USC. One of their media guys just used the opening of Last Chance U and a (clunky) play on words to produce this little video about USC.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:58 pm

appchicago wrote:It's somewhat clever and well-made. Doesn't do a ton for me, as it's contrived, by design, but not objectionable.

Not sure why some of these responses are morphing into attacks on USC, though. So we're all clear, Last Chance U is a show about JuCo players. It has nothing to do with USC. One of their media guys just used the opening of Last Chance U and a (clunky) play on words to produce this little video about USC.
Just to be clear, I wasn't exactly born just yesterday. I'm pretty familiar with the "lot" of JuCo players as that last chance rolls around...and the LCU show. Just doesn't ring my bell. But more to your point, I don't require a lot of motivation to take the Lamecock program to task ;) for a multitude of misdeeds over the 60 years I've followed them. The college basketball scandals of the 60s got me on their case, initially. I remain a skeptic about their adherence to the rules and regs they've vowed to obey.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:43 pm

asu66 wrote: Just to be clear, I wasn't exactly born just yesterday. I'm pretty familiar with the "lot" of JuCo players as that last chance rolls around...and the LCU show.
Wasn't suggesting you were! There was just a pivot that was happening in this thread.
Gamecocks social media ad based on Last Chance U => Comments about Last Chance U and JuCo football=> Comments about Gamecocks players, hip-hop, and the Gamecock fanbase.

As to the rest of it, I don't share your skepticism of USC's program. Full disclosure: I'm a South Carolina native and got my graduate degree from USC. My history doesn't go back as far as yours (I'll admit that the basketball scandals you speak of were long before my time and I don't know anything about them). I vaguely recall the steroids scandal in the late '80s, but I was still very young. On the whole, though, I don't think there's much that makes USC stand out as particularly wicked among the big programs. Maybe that's an indictment of the state of college sports more than a defense of S. Carolina.

But hey, different strokes for different folks. If I loved USC all that much I would have gone there for undergrad instead of choosing the crisp mountain air in the finest corner of North Carolina.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”