Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Georgia Southern desperate for a win at UMASS

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Georgia Southern desperate for a win at UMASS

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:37 pm

Is this team performing on the field to your expectations?

I never said I was disappointed or not entertained. But, did have expectations that we would play better.

And yes, they have won the games they were supposed to and that's what ultimately matters. And yes, this team has suffered a number of crucial injuries that has certainly impacted play. But, this team has yet to play a complete game. So, no they haven't played up to expectations. While many would expect a 5-2 record, I don't believe folks expected how we have managed to attain that record. (But we have gotten our money's worth, not a dull game to be had.)

FTR, I've never been one who thought we'd blow everyone out. I just didn't anticipate the schizophrenic nature of our play.

EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Georgia Southern desperate for a win at UMASS

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Personally I don't write off Wake as a "game we were supposed to lose." I expected to win that one from the moment it was announced. The main reason we were an underdog (besides Moore's injury) was because we played so badly the previous week vs. Texas St. App-Wake would have probably been rated a pick 'em before the season. And we were clearly the better team in two of the three phases. Lost because of ST ineptitude (which was not expected entering the season).

That's all water under the bridge at this point. I just don't consider teams like Wake to be presumed losses for App anymore.

As for UMass, two things:

1) They're bad. Yes, their losses have been close(ish). But many have been to bad teams. If you lose to the likes of Coastal and ODU by 10, that doesn't make you a good team.

2) I am nonetheless concerned about the game. Our last couple of teams would have won this game routinely, but we aren't there right now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”