Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

USMNT: Starting over *again*...

asu66
School: Appalachian State

USMNT: Starting over *again*...

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Interim head coach Dave Sarachan of the USMNT is starting over with a young roster.

Twenty-one of the 30 members of the initial 2018 camp roster are 24 years of age or younger. Fifteen have never set foot on turf in any level of international play.

The most experienced "oldster" on the roster, by far, is forward Gyasi Zardes of Cal State-Bakersfield and LA Galaxy fame who charts in at the ripe old age of 26. He has 37 international caps and 6 goals scored to his early-national-team-career credit.

The USA men see their first 2018 action in a friendly on Jan. 28 vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina. It's a 9:30 ET k-o at StubHub Stadium on FS1.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

MarxistMountaineer

Re: USMNT: Starting over *again*...

Unread post by MarxistMountaineer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Yeah what an absolute bummer this is where we are instead of fine tuning for the World Cup. This roster isn't even too exciting to watch since we didn't bring in any of our Europeans. A lot of these guys are just average MLS players, I bet the vast majority of this current roster won't really be in play for the next cycle. But it's so early and guys will come out of nowhere. I do love Tyler Adams and think he's gonna wear the armband more than once before 2022. He's our best midfield prospect since Holden (I don't consider CP a midfielder, just an attacker). I also like Kelyn Rowe and think he should have gotten more call ups since the Gold Cup, so I'd expect him to start.

Losing out on JoGo was such a shining example of our current ineptitude it's hilarious.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:00 am

Losing out on Gonzales was inexcusable. U.S. Soccer is in need of an overhaul. Hope we choose well in the upcoming election.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:16 am

Keep an eye on Lindley at UNC. He’s the real deal and could be a centerpiece for the next 10+ years.

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:20 pm

I hope this vote brings change to how things are going

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”