Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Heels Bite the Dust in Charlotte no less

Appdoggy
School: Appalachian State

Re: Heels Bite the Dust in Charlotte no less

Unread post by Appdoggy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:51 am

appst89 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:56 am
Appdoggy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:01 am
Lol love how much you guys get worked up over this. Newsflash: UNC and App aren’t rivals in sports. This isn’t Georgia Southern or Ark State I’m talking about.

I claim both as my teams bc I’ve attended both. App for undergrad and currently UNC for grad. As long as the Heels aren’t playing App, they are my team aswell.
You should just quit while you're behind.
Not seeing how I'm behind here buddy boy. Proud to be a fan of the neers and the heels. Too many here have little brother syndrome toward UNC and it's pretty pathetic. Heels aren't a rival.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Not a rival, but an in-state Division I program which can, and does compete against the UNC-Cheats in the athletic arena. Many of us "pathetic little brothers" attended other universities in addition to Appalachian State, but on this site, my YC Header states "Where Mountaineer Fans Give Their All for App State."

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 pm

There are schools after App for many of our graduates, myself included. None of them directly impact Appalachian like UNC. They do it by way of the UNC Board of Governors, controlling the allocation of collective resources. Pair that with the state’s sports culture, local media bias and coverages, Tar Heel nepotism infecting many major private and public institutions, and the school’s utter lack of integrity — academic and otherwise — even passive support for UNC is a prima facia betrayal of Appalachian State. It is genuinely worse than rooting for Georgia Southern in the NCAA tournament.

You indicated that you know how this board was going to react to your pronoun usage and UNC fanboy-dom, yet you posted anyway. I don’t know which grad program you’re in, but it didn’t seem to take long for you to become a smug prick. Chicken or egg?

Enjoy that L.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:19 pm

The only thing that's pathetic on this thread is you. If you want talk about "them" then take it to another message board. I am through posting on this thread and suggest everyone else do the same. Ridiculous to discuss this any further.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 pm
There are schools after App for many of our graduates, myself included. None of them directly impact Appalachian like UNC. They do it by way of the UNC Board of Governors, controlling the allocation of collective resources. Pair that with the state’s sports culture, local media bias and coverages, Tar Heel nepotism infecting many major private and public institutions, and the school’s utter lack of integrity — academic and otherwise — even passive support for UNC is a prima facia betrayal of Appalachian State. It is genuinely worse than rooting for Georgia Southern in the NCAA tournament.

You indicated that you know how this board was going to react to your pronoun usage and UNC fanboy-dom, yet you posted anyway. I don’t know which grad program you’re in, but it didn’t seem to take long for you to become a smug prick. Chicken or egg?

Enjoy that L.
I'll make one caveat because I just reread this and it seems really harsh. I don't think it's necessarily unreasonable for anyone who attends or attended Carolina to root for their sports teams. But given the dynamic between our respective Universities as I've explained them and the obvious and completely justified animosity App State die-hards have for UNC (see current thread), I would like to call doggy's first post completely tone-deaf. But it isn't tone-deaf. I think he's aware of the tone. That was the point of the post. I think he expected this reaction and I think he relishes the chance to invoke his UNC grad student status and lecture us on how "UNC isn't a rival."

Hella douchey, to be honest. I wish you happiness after-all, just better judgment.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:50 pm

unc runs a filthy dirty program and the ncaa condones it and the fan base ignores it. Just a total embarrassment to the state of NC. As far as I am concerned the flag "ship" sunk.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Don't feed the trolls.Other than to get a reaction, why would anyone even start this thread?

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:17 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:48 am
Appdoggy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:14 am
Yeah our small ball lineup and reliance on 3 finally let us down when we went extremely cold from outside. I was pretty beat up about it yesterday but I’m at peace. Hard to ask for more than 2 straight final fours and a national championship from those guys!
I was born a Duke fan, but would never say, "we" "our" "us" in reference to theirs success or defeat. My pronoun use is strictly for App State.

Especially not on an App State forum

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Appdoggy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:42 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:25 am
Appdoggy wrote:
Lol love how much you guys get worked up over this. Newsflash: UNC and App aren’t rivals in sports. This isn’t Georgia Southern or Ark State I’m talking about.

I claim both as my teams bc I’ve attended both. App for undergrad and currently UNC for grad. As long as the Heels aren’t playing App, they are my team aswell.
I guess that is ok...as long as you dont broadcast it. I'm no hater of UNC or Duke...
My daughter is a grad of both UNC and Georgia and my son is a UK grad. I dont pull for any of them.
Not broadcasting it. Just talking about the heels in a thread about the heels.
I see no problem with some one supporting multiple schools (particularly when multiple degrees are involved), nor talking supportively about such a school on a thread about said school. But the use of the "our" pronoun on an App message board for any school other than App is just wrong.

I grew up a Xavier fan (from Cincy, father and multiple family grads, came down to there or App when making college decision, etc) and I still root for them above all but App, and I was really disappointed with last night's loss. But the thought of me coming on here and saying "I really thought this was OUR year," or something similar, makes my stomach churn.

Appdoggy

Unread post by Appdoggy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:25 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:31 pm
Appdoggy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:42 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:25 am
Appdoggy wrote:

I guess that is ok...as long as you dont broadcast it. I'm no hater of UNC or Duke...
My daughter is a grad of both UNC and Georgia and my son is a UK grad. I dont pull for any of them.
Not broadcasting it. Just talking about the heels in a thread about the heels.
I see no problem with some one supporting multiple schools (particularly when multiple degrees are involved), nor talking supportively about such a school on a thread about said school. But the use of the "our" pronoun on an App message board for any school other than App is just wrong.

I grew up a Xavier fan (from Cincy, father and multiple family grads, came down to there or App when making college decision, etc) and I still root for them above all but App, and I was really disappointed with last night's loss. But the thought of me coming on here and saying "I really thought this was OUR year," or something similar, makes my stomach churn.
That's reasonable and I get why it would cause a stir. To be honest, I didn't even think about the pronoun when I wrote it. When people reacted so vilely I decided to go in -- hilarious how people get so worked up.

Appdoggy

Unread post by Appdoggy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:32 pm

Gonzo wrote:

Enjoy that L.
LOL. Seemed to have really struck a nerve here. Really don't get how stating that I go to UNC makes me a smug prick. But if you're going to come at me like that, two can play at that game. You seem so high and mighty now, but I don't think for an instant that you wouldn't have gone to law school in CH if you could have. No disrespect to Central or anything and certainly not saying CH is some ivy league... Just saying, maybe you should've studied alittle harder for the LSAT buddy.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:06 pm

Please! No more responses to this loser. Ever. On this thread or any other he may start. We are just fueling his fire. The classes he is taking are probably nonexistent anyway.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:13 pm

Appdoggy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:32 pm
Gonzo wrote:

Enjoy that L.
LOL. Seemed to have really struck a nerve here. Really don't get how stating that I go to UNC makes me a smug prick. But if you're going to come at me like that, two can play at that game. You seem so high and mighty now, but I don't think for an instant that you wouldn't have gone to law school in CH if you could have. No disrespect to Central or anything and certainly not saying CH is some ivy league... Just saying, maybe you should've studied alittle harder for the LSAT buddy.
I'm about to disrespect myself because I have a bar card in my wallet and I have absolutely nothing to prove to a law student, but I've never been one to take the high road so here you go:

I got into Wake (but they didn't offer me any $) and chose NCCU because it's #2 in the country in lowest law school debt. Central gave me a big scholarship too. Wait listed and never heard back from South Carolina oddly enough (this always puzzled me because Wake seemed harder to get into). That was it for my applications. I never applied to Carolina. LSAT was around Carolina's average, if I recall. Maybe a point or two lower. It's been a while. Even as a public school UNC SOL is 50% more expensive than NCCU SOL. I didn't see the point in applying since my goal was criminal.

My intern from last summer goes to Duke law. He wasn't a prick and his law school is way better than yours.

Be careful my young, non-lawyer friend. You have to pass a little quiz before you join this profession. I passed it first try (when the state average was <50%) and I know several Carolina Law grads who had to take it 2-3 times. Hell, I have a good friend with whom I work who's one of the best trial lawyers around here. He went to Carolina and had to take the Bar exam twice. Brilliant guy. Very nice and humble too. Trust me. When you get here -- if you get here -- NO ONE gives a shit that you went to Carolina. It's really not that great of a law school and hasn't been for some time. It's not even tier 1 anymore.

Good luck on that two day monster, man. Seriously. I want more App grads in this profession, even you (with the proper attitude adjustment).

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm

Gonzo: always the guy to get too worked up on a message board and go personal. You didn’t disappoint this time around.

You guys seriously can’t handle the idea of someone not absolutely hating Carolina on this board? If he didn’t go to Carolina I’d get it but the man will have a degree. I hate Carolina as much as anyone but a bunch of you guys do have some serious little brother syndrome. It’s about as bad as East Carolina’s.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 pm
Gonzo: always the guy to get too worked up on a message board and go personal. You didn’t disappoint this time around.

You guys seriously can’t handle the idea of someone not absolutely hating Carolina on this board? If he didn’t go to Carolina I’d get it but the man will have a degree. I hate Carolina as much as anyone but a bunch of you guys do have some serious little brother syndrome. It’s about as bad as East Carolina’s.
Wait a minute. Our little brother syndrome is just as bad as East Carolina’s. Don’t go putting them on a higher pedistal. :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Appdoggy

Unread post by Appdoggy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:13 pm
Appdoggy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:32 pm
Gonzo wrote:

Enjoy that L.
I'm about to disrespect myself because I have a bar card in my wallet and I have absolutely nothing to prove to a law student, but I've never been one to take the high road so here you go:

I got into Wake (but they didn't offer me any $) and chose NCCU because it's #2 in the country in lowest law school debt. Central gave me a big scholarship too. Wait listed and never heard back from South Carolina oddly enough (this always puzzled me because Wake seemed harder to get into). That was it for my applications. I never applied to Carolina. LSAT was around Carolina's average, if I recall. Maybe a point or two lower. It's been a while. Even as a public school UNC SOL is 50% more expensive than NCCU SOL. I didn't see the point in applying since my goal was criminal.

My intern from last summer goes to Duke law. He wasn't a prick and his law school is way better than yours.

Be careful my young, non-lawyer friend. You have to pass a little quiz before you join my profession. I passed it first try (when the state average was <50%) and I know several Carolina Law grads who had to take it 2-3 times.

Highly impressive stuff here. But I don't think passing the bar exam is nearly the trump card you think it is. Anyone who has taken an ethics class or even just watches the news (i.e. Michael Cohen) can tell you that alot of idiots can do that.

As for your reasoning behind allegedly not applying to CH, I'm not sure I follow. As anyone who has gone through the application process should know, schools often give out scholarship money. So the sticker price (which by the way is $5k, or less than 30% more expensive at CH) is not always what you're going to pay. Why wouldn't you apply to what is already regarded as a very affordable school (UNC) to atleast see if you could get some scholarship money?

And this is where it gets really questionable: if you were so concerned about affordability, why would you apply to Wake, where tuition is over well over $40k a year??

Questionable decision making for someone in a profession where logic (and honesty...) is paramount.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:10 pm

*sigh* I expected to get $ from Wake and I didn’t. Plus, my grandfather attended WFU and I had some family pressure to apply. Same deal with USC. I had no desire to practice in South Carolina, but I have an uncle who went there. I anticipated going to Central before I sent a single application.

When I was at NCCU UNC tuition was closer to 50% more. NCCU regrettably raised tuition the year after I graduated by a decent amount.

Enough about me, man. I called you a smug prick based entirely on your posts in this thread. That’s it. I shouldn’t have done that because at the time I was merely annoyed that you were trolling the board, fishing for a chance to waive your future degree around. That’s when you (somehow) found out where I went to law school and patronized it. You have proven me right, man.

The Tar Heels lost and you are an un-barred douche. I guarantee that if you express yourself in a non-anonymous way the way you’ve done so today you will be quickly blacklisted in this profession. It’s very unbecoming, especially from a mere student.

Here’s where I’ll stop. I’ll leave it to your professors to educate you further since they get paid to do so.

Appdoggy

Unread post by Appdoggy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:10 pm
*sigh* I expected to get $ from Wake and I didn’t. Plus, my grandfather attended WFU and I had some family pressure to apply. Same deal with USC. I had no desire to practice in South Carolina, but I have an uncle who went there. I anticipated going to Central before I sent a single application.

When I was at NCCU UNC tuition was closer to 50% more. NCCU regrettably raised tuition the year after I graduated by a decent amount.

Enough about me, man. I called you a smug prick based entirely on your posts in this thread. That’s it. I shouldn’t have done that because at the time I was merely annoyed that you were trolling the board, fishing for a chance to waive your future degree around. That’s when you (somehow) found out where I went to law school and patronized it. You have proven me right, man.

The Tar Heels lost and you are an un-barred douche. I guarantee that if you express yourself in a non-anonymous way the way you’ve done so today you will be quickly blacklisted in this profession. It’s very unbecoming, especially from a mere student.

Here’s where I’ll stop. I’ll leave it to your professors to educate you further.
You told me where you went to law school in a private message you sent me bud. Also, I merely responded to your unhinged attack on me. You should heed your own advice. Impetuousness and hotheadedness aren't good qualities for an attorney. Good luck.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:37 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:16 pm
Don't feed the trolls.Other than to get a reaction, why would anyone even start this thread?
Other schools athletics is the section. UNC is another school. Right?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:02 pm

50% pass rate for first time takers seems higher than other accreditations.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”