Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Nick McDevitt to MTSU

wncapp78
School: Appalachian State

Nick McDevitt to MTSU

Unread post by wncapp78 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:06 pm

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/colleg ... 455460002/

Nick McDevitt is a good guy, good coach, good recruiter and evaluator of talent. This is a good move for MT.

JohnnyBurrito

Re: Nick McDevitt to MTSU

Unread post by JohnnyBurrito » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Some fans I know are pretty bummed...

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:02 pm

I can expect some fans at MT may be bummed. Don’t know who they expected. And as they say in the stock market, past returns are no expectation of future performance. But given what I have personally seen by watching Coach McDevitt for the past five years I expect he will change minds. Given the minuscule budget of UNCA he was still able to recruit far above any expectations. As the article noted
“The Bulldogs' consistency during McDevitt's tenure is even more impressive when considering how his teams lost players to larger programs. After UNC-Asheville's appearance in the NCAA tournament in 2016, Dwayne Sutton and Dylan Smith transferred to Louisville and Arizona, respectively. McDevitt also lost players to LSU (Keith Hornsby in 2013) and Marquette (Andrew Rowsey in 2015)”. And there are 2 players on the current team, Baehre and Teague, who can play on any P5 team. I kind of thought McDevitt had a reverse NBA strategy— rather than playing a year at Duke Then going to the NBA, I think UNCA told under-recruited players to come to UNCA and if they proved themselves UNCA would not stand in their way of transferring. And it worked for them.

appknowledgeispower

Unread post by appknowledgeispower » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:05 am

McDevitt did amazing with what he and the program had to work with! Close to the worst budget in the Big South conference, awful assistant coach salaries, no full time Ops position yet, having to play a certain amount of guarantee games....but yet still found a way to continue the success put in place by Eddie Biedenbach. One would believe with multiple NCAA tournament appearances and an AD on the NCAA Selection committee, Janet Cone would want to enhance successful programs but that has not been the case.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:16 am

WCU talked to Lutz , looking at Prosser...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”