Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NDSU season ticket sheet

T-Dog

Re: NDSU season ticket sheet

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:55 pm

APPARJ wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:42 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 pm
APPARJ wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:49 pm
The idea of "donate to the Yosef Club or you don't care about the program" is foolish and creates an unneeded divide.
Good thing no one is saying that then, huh?
You tied those two things together and differentiated the "what's in it for me" crowd and those who want what's best for the program. At a program like App, I believe you don't have the luxury to shun those who say "what's in it for me." Not everyone is going to donate thousands of dollars unconditionally.
Highlight where I shunned anyone, please. I stated that a widespread “what’s in it for me?” attitde won’t take us higher. If that fact upsets people that’s their problem.
You shunned the "What's in it for me" people by saying their attitude won't taken the program higher. Ideally you would want someone to give money unconditionally, but that's not how it works. I'd rather have 100 people give a million each per year in exchange for sideline passes and access to a coach and a box than tell them to expect nothing and hope they give the next year.

APPARJ
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by APPARJ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:55 pm
APPARJ wrote:
T-Dog wrote:
APPARJ wrote:
T-Dog wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:49 pm
The idea of "donate to the Yosef Club or you don't care about the program" is foolish and creates an unneeded divide.
You tied those two things together and differentiated the "what's in it for me" crowd and those who want what's best for the program. At a program like App, I believe you don't have the luxury to shun those who say "what's in it for me." Not everyone is going to donate thousands of dollars unconditionally.
Highlight where I shunned anyone, please. I stated that a widespread “what’s in it for me?” attitde won’t take us higher. If that fact upsets people that’s their problem.
You shunned the "What's in it for me" people by saying their attitude won't taken the program higher. Ideally you would want someone to give money unconditionally, but that's not how it works. I'd rather have 100 people give a million each per year in exchange for sideline passes and access to a coach and a box than tell them to expect nothing and hope they give the next year.
I didn’t shun them. Their money is green too. I stand by my statement and no one gives App State $1M per year for access and sideline passes. You can get that for far less.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:09 pm

APPARJ wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 pm
T-Dog wrote:
APPARJ wrote:
T-Dog wrote:
APPARJ wrote:

I didn’t shun them. Their money is green too. I stand by my statement and no one gives App State $1M per year for access and sideline passes. You can get that for far less.
Yosef Club contributions are directly tied to sitting as close to midfield as possible and parking as close as possible if you purchase season tickets. A lot of people view it that way. It's not ideal, but I believe can still grow even when there's a widespread "what's in in for me" attitude.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:15 pm

This is somewhat unrelated, but I saw that Troy is giving fans a replic championship ring (looks like the team’s ring) if they renew season tickets by a certain date. That’s kinda cool, I have to admit.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:40 am

T-Dog wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:09 pm
APPARJ wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 pm
T-Dog wrote:
APPARJ wrote:
T-Dog wrote:

Yosef Club contributions are directly tied to sitting as close to midfield as possible and parking as close as possible if you purchase season tickets. A lot of people view it that way. It's not ideal, but I believe can still grow even when there's a widespread "what's in in for me" attitude.
This hair has been split 4 different times. The bottom line is this: the more alumni get behind Yosef Club the better off App State athletics will be in the future.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm

There are more people that don't give because they don't see what's in it for them (parking spaces, tickets, etc.) than those that give only because on parking spaces, etc.

I've heard why should I give $100, I don't get a space for that for years.

The Yosef Club donation level should look like a pyramid with many fans giving $100 or whatever they can, instead it looks like a round mid-aged man.

Bottom line - give what you can because it's a great organization that helps student athletes.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm
There are more people that don't give because they don't see what's in it for them (parking spaces, tickets, etc.) than those that give only because on parking spaces, etc.

I've heard why should I give $100, I don't get a space for that for years.

The Yosef Club donation level should look like a pyramid with many fans giving $100 or whatever they can, instead it looks like a round mid-aged man.

Bottom line - give what you can because it's a great organization that helps student athletes.
... and SCENE!
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Maybe they are just trying to pay their own way. We just don't know how easy we have it.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Appftw wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 pm
Where is the incentive to buy season tickets when you can get a walk up ticket for ten bucks at 99% of our games?

Sadly, most people need more than warm fuzzies and a sense of charity to invest in something. I don’t believe for one second that NDSU’s fans are that
much more passionate than ours, they just have a huge scarcity of tickets relative to demand. We have the exact opposite situation with too much sub-par seating on the hill.
How do you get a walk up ticket for 10 bucks?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:35 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:10 pm
Appftw wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 pm
Where is the incentive to buy season tickets when you can get a walk up ticket for ten bucks at 99% of our games?

Sadly, most people need more than warm fuzzies and a sense of charity to invest in something. I don’t believe for one second that NDSU’s fans are that
much more passionate than ours, they just have a huge scarcity of tickets relative to demand. We have the exact opposite situation with too much sub-par seating on the hill.
How do you get a walk up ticket for 10 bucks?
Folks out selling them most every game

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”