Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NDSU season ticket sheet

Appmanrcb
School: Appalachian State

NDSU season ticket sheet

Unread post by Appmanrcb » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Was definitely shocked at what they charge per seat! Granted they had a hell of a run but that is just nuts. Image

appbanker

Re: NDSU season ticket sheet

Unread post by appbanker » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Wonder if they also have to give to the alumni association as well as pay the seat dues to get the prime seats? I’m sure one of the drivers of the prices is that they are in the dome and can’t expand beyond the 19,000 seats they have. And there is no general admission/hill seats.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:31 pm

That is astounding.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:33 pm

High prices to see that schedule, but hey what else are you going to do.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:16 pm

I wonder if the "dues" are the same as a booster club donation? Or if like was said above that's a different donation? Either way that's crazy. $2750 dues for midfield!!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:54 pm

When demand is high as I would guess is true for NDSU you have more flexibility with what you can set as your prices. Those people in Fargo love NDSU football, and will likely pay higher than the FCS average.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:38 am

Yes, the old supply and demand principal at work. Supply is limited and demand is high.... er go high prices. We must remember that there is a limited amount of ways to generate revenue at the FCS level. I also remember reading somewhere that NDST pays their HC by percentage of ticket sales..... like 3 or 4%. Another motivational point for increased ticket prices.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:31 am

This is the latest example of what a great deal we’re getting at App.

We have to step up our Yosef donations.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:08 am

I did a blog a couple years ago comparing the cheapest season ticket prices for the Group of Five schools. App and Tulane had the most expensive cheapest ticket at $200. Many were below $100.

http://www.forgotten5.com/2016/08/30/co ... rgotten-5/

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:39 am

Good for NDSU. App State can only reach new heights with GREAT financial support from as many people as possible. There's no getting around that. For comparison, ECU has over 3x as many boosters as App State. DG want's Yosef to raise $4M and the scholarship bill is over $6M. If Yosef covered all scholarships it would revolutionize App State athletics.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:03 pm

APPARJ wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:39 am
Good for NDSU. App State can only reach new heights with GREAT financial support from as many people as possible. There's no getting around that. For comparison, ECU has over 3x as many boosters as App State. DG want's Yosef to raise $4M and the scholarship bill is over $6M. If Yosef covered all scholarships it would revolutionize App State athletics.
Bingo! We have a winner! Funding our scholarship bill fully is key.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Where is the incentive to buy season tickets when you can get a walk up ticket for ten bucks at 99% of our games?

Sadly, most people need more than warm fuzzies and a sense of charity to invest in something. I don’t believe for one second that NDSU’s fans are that
much more passionate than ours, they just have a huge scarcity of tickets relative to demand. We have the exact opposite situation with too much sub-par seating on the hill.

Appftw

Unread post by Appftw » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:17 pm

I would go so far as to say that ECU wouldn’t have seen the kind of growth they have if they had essentially “unlimited” seating like we do. If people feel like they’re going to miss out on something because their aren’t enough seats, that creates a lot of additional buzz and excitement as we saw with the Miami and Wake games.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Appftw wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:13 pm
Where is the incentive to buy season tickets when you can get a walk up ticket for ten bucks at 99% of our games?

Sadly, most people need more than warm fuzzies and a sense of charity to invest in something. I don’t believe for one second that NDSU’s fans are that
much more passionate than ours, they just have a huge scarcity of tickets relative to demand. We have the exact opposite situation with too much sub-par seating on the hill.
Donating to Yosef is not the same as buying season tickets. If the only reason people give is to get tickets then that’s their right. But a widespread “what’s in it for me?” attitude won’t take us higher. Either people want what’s best for the program or they don’t. It’s not in my personal best interest for ticket prices or donation levels to increase but I’ll happy pay it because it helps.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 pm

APPARJ wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:53 pm
Donating to Yosef is not the same as buying season tickets. If the only reason people give is to get tickets then that’s their right. But a widespread “what’s in it for me?” attitude won’t take us higher. Either people want what’s best for the program or they don’t. It’s not in my personal best interest for ticket prices or donation levels to increase but I’ll happy pay it because it helps.
It's not that simple. When you have children that are in their pre-college days at some point you have to start concerning yourself with their own scholarship needs. That does not mean you don't have the program's best interests in mind.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:49 pm

The idea of "donate to the Yosef Club or you don't care about the program" is foolish and creates an unneeded divide.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm

CVAPP wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 pm
APPARJ wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:53 pm
It's not that simple. When you have children that are in their pre-college days at some point you have to start concerning yourself with their own scholarship needs. That does not mean you don't have the program's best interests in mind.
My point has nothing to do with donating money that people don’t have to give.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:49 pm
The idea of "donate to the Yosef Club or you don't care about the program" is foolish and creates an unneeded divide.
Good thing no one is saying that then, huh?
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 pm

APPARJ wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm
T-Dog wrote:
You tied those two things together and differentiated the "what's in it for me" crowd and those who want what's best for the program. At a program like App, I believe you don't have the luxury to shun those who say "what's in it for me." Not everyone is going to donate thousands of dollars unconditionally.

APPARJ

Unread post by APPARJ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:42 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 pm
APPARJ wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm
T-Dog wrote:
You tied those two things together and differentiated the "what's in it for me" crowd and those who want what's best for the program. At a program like App, I believe you don't have the luxury to shun those who say "what's in it for me." Not everyone is going to donate thousands of dollars unconditionally.
Highlight where I shunned anyone, please. I stated that a widespread “what’s in it for me?” attitde won’t take us higher. If that fact upsets people that’s their problem.
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”