Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

JMU

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

JMU

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:18 pm

This is my very generic signature added to each post.

CVAPP

Re: JMU

Unread post by CVAPP » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:05 pm

...lead role in a cage?

ASUTed

Unread post by ASUTed » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:17 pm

this article is comedy

I don’t know what world these idiots are living in but if the AAC expands, there is not even a remote chance it would accept a team transitioning from FCS to FBS

JMU missed the boat for positioning themselves for a chance at the AAC and are trying to convince themselves it could still happen

No chance

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:34 pm

The American Athletic would call ODU before they call JMU for reasons you can probably decipher.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:06 pm

JMU just lost at home to Elon, BTW.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Bwahahahahahahaha[sucks in air]hahahahahahahahahahahaha[starts laughing in Spanish]jajajajajajajajajajaja[now spanglish]jahajahajahajaha!!!!!!
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:49 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:36 pm
Bwahahahahahahaha[sucks in air]hahahahahahahahahahahaha[starts laughing in Spanish]jajajajajajajajajajaja[now spanglish]jahajahajahajaha!!!!!!
I ALWAYS read Yosef Cabin posts out loud. I am getting some very strange looks right now as I sit at the funeral home.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:54 pm

ASUTed wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:17 pm
this article is comedy

I don’t know what world these idiots are living in but if the AAC expands, there is not even a remote chance it would accept a team transitioning from FCS to FBS

JMU missed the boat for positioning themselves for a chance at the AAC and are trying to convince themselves it could still happen

No chance
If they are happy where they are at then I am happy for them. But for anyone that knows how this works they are coming across as being in denial. They do offer a ton of sports or did at one time. They would need a few conference affiliations or the travel costs could force a cut in the sports offered and that is a fine reason to stay where they are, but they should just say that.

With all that said I would love to have them with us in the same conference and if something happened that put some Great5 schools in with some FCS move ups I would not be upset it if included JMU as part of that, as long as the conference was FBS football. I wold take JMU over Liberty in an instant. But the way JMU is approaching this I don't see it happening in the next decade unless some big changes happen all across the landscape of college football.

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:25 pm

Coastal took JMU's chance at FBS anytime soon. Now buyer's remorse is taking hold on the part of JMU folks. I don't care for JMU and never did, but I will give them credit for being the NDSU of Virginia. Their Alums should appreciate that, it seems.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:54 pm

CVAPP wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:25 pm
Coastal took JMU's chance at FBS anytime soon. Now buyer's remorse is taking hold on the part of JMU folks. I don't care for JMU and never did, but I will give them credit for being the NDSU of Virginia. Their Alums should appreciate that, it seems.
JMU gives us a school that is close to us in school profile and also close in proximity. Not a day trip for me but reasonable for an overnight stay. That could benefit us but so does CCU. I personally prefer the drive up the mountains of VA to the coast of SC, but that is just me.

But I can also see why one would not care about JMU. I put a lot into the 2007 playoff game and then the way the 2008 game ended for personal reasons. I have some good memories of my dad and myself together for the 2007 game and he passed away the next summer. So JMU becomes personnel for me more than it really deserves.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:07 pm

I hate all of those thousands of dang purple and gold streamers that they throw after every JMU score.
Give Em Hell!!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:44 pm

87ASUgrad wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:07 pm
I hate all of those thousands of dang purple and gold streamers that they throw after every JMU score.
I don't care for it, but it has become their thing and what seems lame to us is a sacred tradition to them so for that good for them.

I just don't care for purple.

IM4ASU

Unread post by IM4ASU » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:48 pm

I've been reading a lot of comedy on the JMU board about the move from fcs to FBS. It reads like they are God's gift to the AAC.

Can't wait to discuss this with my son-in-law who is a JMU grad. Should be entertaining!

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Goof on JMU at your own risk. They would be a great addition to the Sun Belt. But they're justified (just like we are) in thinking they're worthy of a higher level conference.

Unread post by 8993 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:52 pm

They have an entire thread about why they think the AAC deserves them here: https://csnbbs.com/thread-859916.html

What gets me about JMU is that JMU hasn't really proven themselves across the board, but they act as if they are untouchable and unattainable. Hell, NDSU has a better football program than them, but their argument is then that it's not all about football. At every single turn, they seem to craft excuses and reasons as to why they are better than others. They lack any sense of humility, groundedness, or even regard to how others might be better than them.

While every other program has passed JMU in athletic standings from a national perspective (App, GS, GSU, Coastal, Liberty, ODU, Charlotte, WKU, Marshall, etc.), they refuse to accept it. Although some of those schools aren't setting the world on fire, they at least had the foresight to take the leap of faith when they saw the door closing versus wait on something that was the most perfect scenario. At this point, I don't know if JMU will ever be FBS if they don't get exactly what they want. They will just always find something to complain about.

Also, here are a few fun quotes from JMU's threat on their fan forum:
If the ACC is on an island between P5 and G5, JMU is on an island between AAC and bottom half G5/all fcs.
You simply cannot bring in a program with a track around their football field.
^^ this one is directly in response to somebody saying App would be a viable AAC option ^^
Our App and Marshall posters will disagree but JMU is ahead of all three schools from a program and facilities perspective. Meaning academics and athletics. I would put App ahead of Marshall and probably UMass. Men’s basketball and their olympic sports hurts App though.
I am certain JMU is talking with the AAC. Bourne’s comments about returning their call are intentional. I won’t be surprised if JMU receives an invite.
I do see JMU moving conferences and with the new basketball arena, the timing is right to do so. If the AAC leadership is smart, they will bring JMU into the conference. We are very simply the best most well rounded university available in their foot print.
I don't think the AAC is going to be looking to add schools, but if they are wouldn't you want one in ascension rather one that has topped out unimpressively?

IM4ASU

Unread post by IM4ASU » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:03 pm

Boone Goon wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:29 pm
Goof on JMU at your own risk. They would be a great addition to the Sun Belt. But they're justified (just like we are) in thinking they're worthy of a higher level conference.
Problem is they are only talking AAC. The other conferences are not good enough for them. I hope they never make it to FBS.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Oh my goodness those JMU folk are funny! They can take our place in the Sun Belt one day.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:15 pm

They would be the most hated fanbase in the SunBelt, they would even make the Ark St fanbase blush with their smug arrogance.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:16 pm

That being said, wish they were in our conference.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:33 pm

While Harrisonburg is growing at a rapid pace, there just isn't the market in that area to be attractive to AAC.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”