Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Satterfield saying

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Satterfield saying

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:21 am

AppOrange wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:02 am
The fact that a P5 is taking our traditions is a bit flattering. Your welcome Louisville.

On a side note, what’s the consensus about dropping Satt from your twitter follow? I really dislike all the Louisville propaganda, and seeing Him in red still stings. He was my QB when I was in school and I love what he has done for App, but all the “Ville” stuff is annoying. Perplexed on my course of action.
I dropped them all. Not because they left, but because I really don’t care about Louisville football. If they had any other coach, I wouldn’t care so why now. That’s my opinion.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:45 am

I could not care less. Ir's a friggin slogan.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:57 am

AppOrange wrote:
The fact that a P5 is taking our traditions is a bit flattering. Your welcome Louisville.

On a side note, what’s the consensus about dropping Satt from your twitter follow? I really dislike all the Louisville propaganda, and seeing Him in red still stings. He was my QB when I was in school and I love what he has done for App, but all the “Ville” stuff is annoying. Perplexed on my course of action.
I unfollowed him about 3 days after he took the job. Not because I’m bitter (I’m not), I just don’t care one bit about Louisville football.
Give 'em hell!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:09 am

AppOrange wrote:

I feel the same way. I get why he left, and obviously he is 100% committed to them and being successful there. I get it, but it is still a bit like seeing an old girlfriend with her new boyfriend.
You gave it your best but someone better came along and there is nothing you can do about it, but it still hurts a little to see it.

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:11 am

Yeah no offense to him ... I pull for App and what Louisville does is their business. I too could care less about them. I won’t be keeping up with his wins losses etc.

FeartheNeers

Unread post by FeartheNeers » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:26 am

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... Or so they say.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:27 am

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

It doesn't bother me if he uses the TIGMA phrase or some variation of it, it's still our tradition, he's not able to "take" our traditions...he can merely replicate what he sees as a great football custom in a winning program.
Also, I'm not "pulling" for UL, but I think it's probably in our best interest if he's successful as it will shine a positive light on our program as a breeding ground for coaches. Think about it, we have a pretty good track record for players (both scholarship and walk-ons) getting launched into career coaching positions. Seems to me like that's a recruiting draw if a kid wants to consider coaching as a career.
Finally, Satt is a Mountaineer who has done a tremendous amount for our football program over a ridiculous amount of time and we should all want nothing but the best for him. I've not seen him do anything that isn't normal during coaching changes. In fact, if he didn't give everything he's got to turn that program around I'd be disappointed in him. I expect Drink to do the same here, Drink's a Mountaineer now so any past loyalties take a back seat as long as he's wearing the visor.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:39 am

This stuff can get pretty serious, though I don’t see it as the case here, but this is an article from 2015 when Shaka Smart took (rather, tried to take) “Havoc” to Texas.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... m-vcu/amp/
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:43 pm

I'm always pulling for App first. But I will always pull for the success of all my App brothers and sisters no matter what field they are in. Beth and Scott fall in this category. As well as our coaching tree (so long as they are not our direct competition). I wish him the best. Who really cares what slogan Louisville uses. It makes zero impact on anything Appalachian related

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:55 pm

HBTApps wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:43 pm
I'm always pulling for App first. But I will always pull for the success of all my App brothers and sisters no matter what field they are in. Beth and Scott fall in this category. As well as our coaching tree (so long as they are not our direct competition). I wish him the best. Who really cares what slogan Louisville uses. It makes zero impact on anything Appalachian related
Beth and Scott have also endowed an athletic scholarship at App. You can find it in the scholarships listed in game programs...

Appstate35

Unread post by Appstate35 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:52 pm

HBTApps wrote:
You mean to tell me you don't pull for Sloan? :lol: ;)

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Well, what the heck, Roll Gators and Rock Chalk, Demon Deacons!

BurkeGrad

Unread post by BurkeGrad » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:14 pm

S.S., as a former player & coach and an App grad, can take whatever from his time in Boone but he can’t take away our winning culture and mountain tradition. Good luck to him a Mountaineer forever. He will need it playing Clemson every year!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Has anyone seen Yosef lately? Is he’s wearing red or black and gold? I need proof of life.

QueencityApp

Unread post by QueencityApp » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:54 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:55 pm
HBTApps wrote:
Beth and Scott have also endowed an athletic scholarship at App. You can find it in the scholarships listed in game programs...
I believe PJ Fleck owns “Row the Boat” and brought the slogan with him when he went to Minnesota. In return he gives $10k a year to Western Michigan for a scholarship in football to own it.

I’m not sure if anyone technically owns the “Today I give my all for Appalachian State” slogan but this reminded me of PJ’s situation.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:45 pm

QueencityApp wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:54 pm
Rick83 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:55 pm
HBTApps wrote:
I believe PJ Fleck owns “Row the Boat” and brought the slogan with him when he went to Minnesota. In return he gives $10k a year to Western Michigan for a scholarship in football to own it.

I’m not sure if anyone technically owns the “Today I give my all for Appalachian State” slogan but this reminded me of PJ’s situation.
That was his team buy in slogan for his players. The TIGMA was here before Satt began coaching and it would appear even playing here. It certainly appears that we stole it from Tn.

Interestingly to me, if you Google "today I give my all" you see bunches of AppState references well more than Tn.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”