Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

CFP Semi Games

AppGrad78
School: Appalachian State

Re: CFP Semi Games

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Bowl records by conference
Through Jan. 1
Conference W-L Pct.

Conference USA 4-2 .667
Independents 2-1 .667
Mountain West 3-2 .600
Sun Belt 3-2 .600
Big 12 4-3 .571
Southeastern 6-5 .545
Atlantic Coast 5-5 .500
Big Ten 5-5 .500
Pac-12 3-4 .429
American Athletic 2-5 .286
Mid-American 1-5 .167

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:45 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:58 pm
So are all the "UGA should have been in the playoff" folks now switching to the "they were just too disappointed to care" narrative to excuse them getting worked over by Texas? :lol:
My team is App, and only App, but if you watched that game and felt like UGA was playing to their best of their abilities, you are kidding yourself. I saw edge rushers look like they could care less, I saw halfway tackling. It was sad. You could tell Texas played with heart and passion, they honestly should have whooped UGA worse than that. UGA absolutely pulled the notorious “SEC team who couldn’t make the cut” consolation bowl effort. As someone with UGA alums in my family, it was pathetic to watch.
The Appalachian State

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:38 am

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:45 am
EastHallApp wrote:
So are all the "UGA should have been in the playoff" folks now switching to the "they were just too disappointed to care" narrative to excuse them getting worked over by Texas? :lol:
My team is App, and only App, but if you watched that game and felt like UGA was playing to their best of their abilities, you are kidding yourself. I saw edge rushers look like they could care less, I saw halfway tackling. It was sad. You could tell Texas played with heart and passion, they honestly should have whooped UGA worse than that. UGA absolutely pulled the notorious “SEC team who couldn’t make the cut” consolation bowl effort. As someone with UGA alums in my family, it was pathetic to watch.
Why do SEC teams get this "excuse" used every time they lose a bowl game??? They got whipped!!! Fragile egos!!! Can't just show up and win because they are the mighty SEC...beyond Alabama, bowl season exposed the Conference for what they were this season.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:58 am

JMappfan5 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:38 am
appstatealum wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
Why do SEC teams get this "excuse" used every time they lose a bowl game??? They got whipped!!! Fragile egos!!! Can't just show up and win because they are the mighty SEC...beyond Alabama, bowl season exposed the Conference for what they were this season.
If you look at the conference records, I think what the bowl season showed is that, outside of Clemson and Alabama, there is a lot of parity, or mediocrity, in college football.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:58 am

JMappfan5 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:38 am
appstatealum wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
Exactly. It is a bad look for the SEC and Bowls in general. No fan base should lean on it as an excuse, it is just pathetic. I commend LSU for coming out and beating the snot out of UCF. No offense to UCF, but they have reached an unbearable level for me and I find it hard to crown a team that does not play defense. I think App would have gave UCF and a lot of these non-CFP teams more than they can handle.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”