Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Congratulations to Gardner Webb

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Congratulations to Gardner Webb

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:13 pm

First trip to the NCAA is a big deal. I was there for ours in cold Bloomington Indiana .We got beat by a big LSU squad due in large part to I think , just being overwhelmed by the atmosphere ( our shooting was abysmal) Toledo and Iowa were the other game with the Hawkeyes prevailing.Ultimately if memory serves correctly it was a Magic vs Bird final , the start of one of basketball’s storied rivals.

asu66

Re: Congratulations to Gardner Webb

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:24 am

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:13 pm
First trip to the NCAA is a big deal. I was there for ours in cold Bloomington Indiana. We got beat by a big LSU squad due in large part to I think, just being overwhelmed by the atmosphere (our shooting was abysmal). Toledo and Iowa were the other game with the Hawkeyes prevailing. Ultimately, if memory serves correctly it was a Magic vs Bird final, the start of one of basketball’s storied rivals.
I was there, also. The big Aussie (7-1 275 R.Mattick) that Dale Brown subbed in mid-way through the first half neutralized our 6-7 Mel Hubbard for the remainder of the game. Mel was a gamer, but he was 6-7 only in ASU Athletics publications and in his "NY hip" platform street shoes. Mattick had a six-inch+ height and 90-pound weight advantage over Mel. In the second half, LSU hit us with a 6-8, 6-9, 7-1 front-court. Ouch! :?
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:13 am

This is big news for them since the days of Artis Gilmore, John Drews, Kevin Cantwell, Gerry Vaillancourt, Eddie Holbrook were buried in the NAIA. Congrats to the Bulldogs!
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:21 am

And George Adams...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”