Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC @ Wake (9/13)

Apptiger
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC @ Wake (9/13)

Unread post by Apptiger » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:22 pm

You can bet your ^$$ they will be ready for us next week. It will take our best game to date to beat them. Not worried about our offense scoring points, worried our D may not be able to stop them.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:15 am

mountaineerman wrote: โ†‘
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:48 pm
APPdiesel wrote: โ†‘
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm
Me: I mean f*** North Carolina and all, but I'm pretty sure they got screwed at the end of that game right there

Show co-host: You're right. F*** North Carolina

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
stop the crap they lost! And they suck and the refs said they stop the clock when they want to.
I think you missed the point a little, my point was the ending was contentious but they didnt even get to take a look at it bc the refs had bolted. And for the record (if you couldn't tell by the context clues) I'm totally fine with UNC getting screwed.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:18 am

Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:15 am
mountaineerman wrote: โ†‘
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:48 pm
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:35 pm
Me: I mean f*** North Carolina and all, but I'm pretty sure they got screwed at the end of that game right there

Show co-host: You're right. F*** North Carolina

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
stop the crap they lost! And they suck and the refs said they stop the clock when they want to.
I think you missed the point a little, my point was the ending was contentious but they didnt even get to take a look at it bc the refs had bolted. And for the record (if you couldn't tell by the context clues) I'm totally fine with UNC getting screwed.
I think next week will be a great atmosphere and the Apps will be chomping at the bit!

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:15 am

Through the first three quarters of their first three games UNC has put up a whopping total of 32 points. Iโ€™m thinking youโ€™ll see next weeks game come down to the 4th quarter and it will come down to the best conditioned team. They have better athletes but i just donโ€™t see them as that good of a team.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:34 am

Apptiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:22 pm
You can bet your ^$$ they will be ready for us next week. It will take our best game to date to beat them. Not worried about our offense scoring points, worried our D may not be able to stop them.
True.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:59 am

Next week will be two teams, both hungry and wanting to prove something. That's exactly as it should be. No excuses for either team. If App has addressed the concerns on D (which I believe they will) and shows up motivated (can't imagine they won't) then I see no reason we can't win. Neither team will be flawless. Howell is a very talented freshman QB but he is a freshman and it showed last night. If we can get in his face early, we can rattle him. I didn't see anything last night that makes me believe they can stop our offense if it is clicking.

GO APPS! BEAT THE HEELS!!!!

PhillyApp

Unread post by PhillyApp » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:58 am

Yosef84 wrote: โ†‘
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:59 am
Next week will be two teams, both hungry and wanting to prove something. That's exactly as it should be. No excuses for either team. If App has addressed the concerns on D (which I believe they will) and shows up motivated (can't imagine they won't) then I see no reason we can't win. Neither team will be flawless. Howell is a very talented freshman QB but he is a freshman and it showed last night. If we can get in his face early, we can rattle him. I didn't see anything last night that makes me believe they can stop our offense if it is clicking.

GO APPS! BEAT THE HEELS!!!!
Wake did a great job defending downfield. If we can make corrections and defend similarly, I believe our D line can get pressure on and rattle their freshman QB. I also expect them to give their QB plenty of quick throws to open the game to get him in a rhythm. Their whole mantra against us will be โ€œstart quick,โ€ as opposed to finishing quick like they have been the past 3 weeks. First two quarters are the key to this game.
Clark for Prez 2024 ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to โ€œOther Schools' Athleticsโ€