Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Louisville and Conley

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Louisville and Conley

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 am
He’s a freshman.... give his arm strength a break...
It wasn’t intended as a criticism, just an observation.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:12 pm

The Rock wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:05 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:18 pm
The Rock wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:11 pm
I think a lot of people thought Conley had a chance at playing this year, but saying it was the right decision for him to follow satt is a bit premature at this point.
Personally I will be surprised if he plays past this year once satt gets his choice at an ACC level an recruit. He was already down the depth chart and had to get injuries to get in. He is making the most of his opportunity, but if he has another 1-2 guys in front of him before his sophomore year, is it really a good move at that point?
Did you watch the game? - my point is he is playing ACC ball as a true freshman - he wasn't going to beat out Thomas this year or next -
Right, and my point is he could have been a 3 year starter for App instead of a backup for part of a season for UL then buried on the depth chart for the next 3 years.
If it was my kid, I would rather him have an outstanding sophomore junior and senior season as a starter rather than a few good appearances his true freshman season and never get an opportunity after that.
I said exactly this in December. Satt would use him as a crutch this year and after he gets his guy in, we won’t hear from Conley any more.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up transferring after next year if he is 2-3 on the depth chart.
Just wondering if you watched the Louisville ,.WF game tonight?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:19 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:12 pm
The Rock wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
The Rock wrote:
I think a lot of people thought Conley had a chance at playing this year, but saying it was the right decision for him to follow satt is a bit premature at this point.
Personally I will be surprised if he plays past this year once satt gets his choice at an ACC level an recruit. He was already down the depth chart and had to get injuries to get in. He is making the most of his opportunity, but if he has another 1-2 guys in front of him before his sophomore year, is it really a good move at that point?
Did you watch the game? - my point is he is playing ACC ball as a true freshman - he wasn't going to beat out Thomas this year or next -
Right, and my point is he could have been a 3 year starter for App instead of a backup for part of a season for UL then buried on the depth chart for the next 3 years.
If it was my kid, I would rather him have an outstanding sophomore junior and senior season as a starter rather than a few good appearances his true freshman season and never get an opportunity after that.
I said exactly this in December. Satt would use him as a crutch this year and after he gets his guy in, we won’t hear from Conley any more.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up transferring after next year if he is 2-3 on the depth chart.
Conley is clearly the future in Louisville and it is crazy because he was going to redshirt at App and be our backup in 2020. Could you imagine how good we would be with him in 2021 if we replaced Sutton, Evans, etc with equal talent? Conley is going to be a good one if he stays healthy.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Did everyone like the Bryan Brown defense tonight? Giving up 59. See what we are missing?

Tongue and cheek folks since our coaches got critiqued when we gave up lots of points.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:56 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:51 pm
Did everyone like the Bryan Brown defense tonight? Giving up 59. See what we are missing?

Tongue and cheek folks since our coaches got critiqued when we gave up lots of points.
Sarcasm noted, and appreciated.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:02 am

AtlAppMan wrote:

It’s funny how often I see people make this point and then follow it up with a “ha ha, jk” comment like this.

If Louisville’s defense is still playing like this in a couple years, yes, he probably will get fired. Since he inherited a dumpster fire instead of a top 10 defense, though, he does get a bit more leeway. As I assume we all understand.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:14 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:02 am
AtlAppMan wrote:

It’s funny how often I see people make this point and then follow it up with a “ha ha, jk” comment like this.

If Louisville’s defense is still playing like this in a couple years, yes, he probably will get fired. Since he inherited a dumpster fire instead of a top 10 defense, though, he does get a bit more leeway. As I assume we all understand.
But how does this year's U of L defense compare to last year''s U of L defense? better or worse? I don't know the answer but won't that speak to Brown's coaching ability? Also, factoring in how many starters were lost to graduation or early departures for the NFL? We lost 5 of 11 starters and many in our fan base expected zero drop off with no adjustment period for a new coaching staff. I get that they had a dumpster fire, but has Brown improved their D or is it worse?

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:36 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
The Rock wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Saw it. Don’t really change my mind. He looks really good, but it takes injuries to the starter for him to get in the game.
My point is, when other QBS get healthy and Satt gets his choice of recruits, where will Conley be on the depth chart?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:24 am

The Rock wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:36 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
The Rock wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Saw it. Don’t really change my mind. He looks really good, but it takes injuries to the starter for him to get in the game.
My point is, when other QBS get healthy and Satt gets his choice of recruits, where will Conley be on the depth chart?
The problem is the other QBs can't stay healthy and he is getting valuable playing time. I'm not sure why folks here keep wanting to dis the kid. He's certainly proven himself to be better than any backups we have. I know I'd feel better if he were here and was pressed into service.

My guess is U of L would have liked to have redshirted him this year but had no choice and he has proven to be ready. I wouldn't discount his future given Cunningham's proclivity for getting hurt.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:26 am

Is it remotely possible that App is just as good or better than both Wake and Louisville right now and our talent is on par with them? As good as Conley looked or might be he still might sit the bench here.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:07 am

The Rock wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:36 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
The Rock wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
The Rock wrote:
It takes injuries to the starter for most Freshman to get into the game. Louisville’s original starter, Jawon Pass, struggled last year and wasn’t the best passer this year. It’s not a given that he will regain the starting roll, if Conley keeps winning.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:38 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:56 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:

Conley looked damn good last night and last week against BC. We'd be fortunate to have his potential, since we are a play away from being in the crapper, haven't heard a peep about our 4 star guy on the sidelines?
Wake was ranked 19th, not too bad because of the track meet that erupted. We gave up a pot of points to Charlotte and Coastal who haven't turned out all that improved or impressive by looking at their performance against their schedules through week 7. What do they have about 4 wins between them? That's where concerns arise. Roof and D Pretty good job against the Holes, and threw a near no hitter against Louisiana. I think our D is getting things together.
BLACK SATURDAY

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:45 am

Conley is Louisville’s Zac Thomas.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:53 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:45 am
Conley is Louisville’s Zac Thomas.
Do you mean skill set or what? They do look very similar in regards to how they play In satt’s system.

Not the same as ZT as in Zac has been the undisputed starter since Lamb graduated. Conley appears to be QB 2-3

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:58 am

Wake has a good team this year. Louisville scoring 62 on them is HUGE! This is a great win for Louisville and Satterfield!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:06 am

Conley’s high school videos convinced me. He showed command and polish at that stage ,to a rare level.It was a loss to our program. He would have redshirted barring injury and been a difference maker going forward.He’s already done so at Louisville .No surprise.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:09 am

Only because Satt wanted to redshirt Conley

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Looks like Conley was certainly a loss, but if memory serves, we picked up a pretty darn solid QB recruit who is wearing a redshirt this year. I think we're fine. We couldn't have kept both of them so it looks like things worked out for both QBs and both programs (hopefully).

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:37 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:38 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:56 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:

Conley looked damn good last night and last week against BC. We'd be fortunate to have his potential, since we are a play away from being in the crapper, haven't heard a peep about our 4 star guy on the sidelines?
Wake was ranked 19th, not too bad because of the track meet that erupted. We gave up a pot of points to Charlotte and Coastal who haven't turned out all that improved or impressive by looking at their performance against their schedules through week 7. What do they have about 4 wins between them? That's where concerns arise. Roof and D Pretty good job against the Holes, and threw a near no hitter against Louisiana. I think our D is getting things together.
Besides the Carolina game, how are we a play away from being in the crapper?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:10 pm

Per Defense - it is important to keep in mind that WF with their speed-up offense and combined with some quick scores from Louisville the Cardinals defense was on the field for 102 plays - again 102!!! - they were gassed for much of the second half -
In contrast our defense was on the field for only 57 plays against ULL - that is a huge difference - against UNC it was 82 -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”