Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ouch! Welcome to the SEC Drink.

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Ouch! Welcome to the SEC Drink.

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:15 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:03 pm
I wonder how Mark Speir did with recruiting, or Shawn Elliott....Lonnie Galloway land some good WRs?

No, like Drink and Satterfield I don't give a shit about what they're doing with recruiting. We've got a special coach that is passionate about Appalachian State, which is bringing in very talented players to Boone. That's all I care about...not a Louisville team that will struggle to even finish second in their division or a Missouri team that will become bowl eligible MAYBE by their 11th game.

Let's celebrate what we have today, and treat Drink and Satt like what they are...a thing of the past. I thank them both for coaching teams to successful historical seasons, but now its Coach Clark time.

Beat UAB
I can't agree more. I notice the flips like I would any school but at the end of the day what matters to us if us. Satt is 100% only worried about Louisville and same for Drink with Missouri. We have upgraded our head coach and we have a heck of a team. This is the most talented team in App State history. A win against UAB and our very good recruiting class are what matters now.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:56 am

I'm excited we hired SC as our head coach. It was the right call. I'm confident he will do well. But, he's yet to coach a game much less a season. He's off to a great start with this class but let's hold off predicting he will accomplish what Satt or even Drink did. Let's give him the space to coach without setting unrealistic expectations. It will be difficult to replicate this season. I don't mean to imply he can't take us there but let's not over shoot the moon.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:59 am

hapapp wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:56 am
I'm excited we hired SC as our head coach. It was the right call. I'm confident he will do well. But, he's yet to coach a game much less a season. He's off to a great start with this class but let's hold off predicting he will accomplish what Satt or even Drink did. Let's give him the space to coach without setting unrealistic expectations. It will be difficult to replicate this season. I don't mean to imply he can't take us there but let's not over shoot the moon.
It is a sneaky tough situation to walk into as a head coach. A 12-1 team with a stacked roster. Thankfully he doesn't have to come in and win over a locker room so he is ahead of the curve there. Clark is the right man for the job, not just next year but the years to come. Thanks Hapapp for reminding us to keep things realistic. #beatUAB #💣overbagdhad #SPTA
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:27 am

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:34 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:32 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:44 pm
ComebackShack wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:16 pm
:shock:

Yep, I was going to post the same thing. Like some of us had been hinting at, Drink had a lot of red flags when it came to locker room stuff and the way he was dealing with players/people. This is just an example. For Drink’s sake, I hope he continues to mature and learns what is important.
I saw some of the stuff your talking about but we have to remember that these are 18 year old kids. We all know Satt is a great guy and I remember reading a story last year about him getting banned from recruiting at a high school in Louisville.
That was for a completely different situation that Satterfield was banned by a high school coach from recruiting his players. Satt took back 2 scholarships from players that were committed to Louisville prior to his arrival, but didn’t fit his scheme.
I understand that but that doesn’t change the fact that it looked ugly on social media and in the press.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:01 am

NavyApp wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:59 am
hapapp wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:56 am
It is a sneaky tough situation to walk into as a head coach. A 12-1 team with a stacked roster. Thankfully he doesn't have to come in and win over a locker room so he is ahead of the curve there. Clark is the right man for the job, not just next year but the years to come. Thanks Hapapp for reminding us to keep things realistic. #beatUAB #💣overbagdhad #SPTA
Not to mention, Drink had the most winnable p5 schedule we have in the foreseeable future.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:43 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:27 am
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
ComebackShack wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:16 pm
:shock:

Yep, I was going to post the same thing. Like some of us had been hinting at, Drink had a lot of red flags when it came to locker room stuff and the way he was dealing with players/people. This is just an example. For Drink’s sake, I hope he continues to mature and learns what is important.
I saw some of the stuff your talking about but we have to remember that these are 18 year old kids. We all know Satt is a great guy and I remember reading a story last year about him getting banned from recruiting at a high school in Louisville.
That was for a completely different situation that Satterfield was banned by a high school coach from recruiting his players. Satt took back 2 scholarships from players that were committed to Louisville prior to his arrival, but didn’t fit his scheme.
I understand that but that doesn’t change the fact that it looked ugly on social media and in the press.
No argument there. However, Satterfield didn’t sacrifice his morals for the sake of signing a recruit. Drink is going to be exposed for what I think he really is, a self serving egomaniac. Missouri did us a huge favor by removing him from our mountain. Best of luck in the SEC, and good riddance.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 am

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:43 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:

No argument there. However, Satterfield didn’t sacrifice his morals for the sake of signing a recruit. Drink is going to be exposed for what I think he really is, a self serving egomaniac. Missouri did us a huge favor by removing him from our mountain. Best of luck in the SEC, and good riddance.
All I’m saying is stuff can really get blown up fast on social media. One kid can say I was wronged and all of the sudden the coach has “sacrificed his morals”. I also have a feeling that we’re going to be better off without Drink but I’m not going to judge the man off of a tweet or an Instagram from an 18 year old.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:19 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 am
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:43 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:

All I’m saying is stuff can really get blown up fast on social media. One kid can say I was wronged and all of the sudden the coach has “sacrificed his morals”. I also have a feeling that we’re going to be better off without Drink but I’m not going to judge the man off of a tweet or an Instagram from an 18 year old.
Again, I agree with you. And just so you know where I stand, I wasn’t trying to judge Drink as much as I was reaching into my inner Nostradamus and predicting the future based on what information has been spread about him and what I’ve seen and read. Even Nostradamus was wrong occasionally. I believe my prediction will come to fruition. Only time will tell.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”