Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

QBs - from ESPN

WVAPPeer
School: Other

QBs - from ESPN

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:07 pm

https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... r-rankings

21. Louisville Cardinals
2019 ranking: Not ranked
Returning starter: Micale Cunningham

Scouting the Cardinals: Scott Satterfield is building something in Louisville, which rode Cunningham and a big-play pass offense to eight wins in Year 1 of the new regime. Cunningham completed 62.6% of his passes for 2,065 yards and 22 touchdowns in his first season as the starter. He has two years of eligibility remaining and will target top receiver Tutu Atwell (18.4 YPC, 12 touchdowns) for at least one more year.

Cunningham's health is a concern, given his injury history, but Louisville has some insurance with fifth-year senior Jawon Pass and sophomore Evan Conley, who appeared in seven games last season and could be in the mix to start in 2021 and 2022. Louisville also signed Tee Webb, a three-star prospect in the 2020 class. He's enrolled and participating in spring practice.

22. Wisconsin Badgers
2019 ranking: Not ranked
Returning starter: Jack Coan

Scouting the Badgers: Wisconsin's inclusion might spark some blowback, especially from Badgers fans who love to complain about quarterback play. Although Coan's limitations showed in some of Wisconsin's biggest games, he still delivered a strong 2019 season, ranking seventh nationally in completion percentage (69.6), tied for 18th in pass efficiency (151.8) and ninth in ESPN's total QBR (82).

He's a solid option in 2020, although Graham Mertz's development could change the timeline. Mertz, the highest-rated quarterback recruit in team history, solidified himself as Coan's backup and completed 9 of 10 pass attempts in two games last fall. ESPN's top pocket passer and No. 21 overall player in the 2019 class certainly looks like Wisconsin's top option for the 2021 and 2022 seasons, if not sooner.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

NavyApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: QBs - from ESPN

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:30 pm

Interesting article, but you can't tell me there are 25 better "QB rooms" than the one in Boone. I understand the P5 bias, I even accept it but some of those on the list are a joke (Miss State and Michigan with no returning QB in particular). Hope ZT and guys add this to the motivation pile!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:35 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:30 pm
Interesting article, but you can't tell me there are 25 better "QB rooms" than the one in Boone. I understand the P5 bias, I even accept it but some of those on the list are a joke (Miss State and Michigan with no returning QB in particular). Hope ZT and guys add this to the motivation pile!
Totally agree -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:28 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:30 pm
Keep in mind they are going off the HS ratings and hype of those who are stepping in. The 2nd and 3rd string QB at Michigan or the guy coming in is suppose to be better than ZT. They are 4, 5, and high 3 star players. Does that mean they are? No.

It also does not mean ZT is better because he is a returning starter. ZT is a good college QB and a little better than Lamb but based on 2019 he is not a NFL QB and showed he could be shut down at times. SC really held him in check and a game like that with a few NFL players on defense is a test for him. We know he is good enough to torch a bunch of 2-stars with no NFL shot in the SBC but they are betting these new guys are better than him.

The issue we just don't know. I don't think your stance or theirs is stupid. They are bias towards the HS ratings and you and I are bias towards our own.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:02 pm

Just my opinion, but as I said in a different thread, I think Coach Drink turned out to be WAY more conservative than expected and that was a big part of what held back ZT's stats. Yes, the Belt knew he was coming this time and they loaded up for him. He still did pretty darn well and he put the team on his back at Louisiana to win that game. He is great for our system. I don't know if he has an NFL shot in his future but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone pick him up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”