Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Clemson's plan for football

TheMoody1
School: Appalachian State

Clemson's plan for football

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed May 27, 2020 3:06 pm

https://www.wyff4.com/article/99-days-t ... c/32689324

On Tuesday Clemson University announced it will welcome it's football and men's and women's basketball student-athletes back to campus next week with voluntary activity permitted to begin on June 8.

"We’ve focused a lot of energy on looking ahead to the 2020-21 academic and athletic year, and while we don’t have all of the answers yet, some pieces are beginning to come into focus.

"One thing I can say definitively is how thankful I am to our fans and members of IPTAY. As it relates to football in the fall, we remain optimistic about the ability to play our scheduled games. Our season ticket request deadline passed on May 15, and we are tracking ahead of last year’s record total. Our student interest was also equally encouraging. In all, donors and students have requested nearly 60,000 season tickets.

"In conjunction with IPTAY, we announced a ticket payment plan with no payments for 90 days, as well as a refund policy on tickets, if the season is modified or games are canceled.

"Our continued focus is on the safety of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans. To that end, we have many working groups planning for a return to football this fall under varying scenarios, including a limited capacity within Memorial Stadium. We are modeling how our stadium would handle a limited capacity situation, relating to priority, potential refunds and associated issues.

"Other modifications include the full transition to mobile ticket delivery, as well as potential adaptations to tailgating, parking and concessions operations."

Saint3333

Re: Clemson's plan for football

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:49 pm

Being a season ticket holder just became very important.

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:41 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 7:49 pm
Being a season ticket holder just became very important.
Maybe need another thread... But this is something I’ve been wondering about, and welcome everyone’s facts and opinions....

1. IF we have a fb season with reduced fan capacity, I would assume first dibs would go to students? If so, how much of the reduction in seats would that take up?... AND, how do we seat students in a socially distancing manner?

2. Would season tix holders / YC members be next on the list, and how would they be seated, along with students (again, with enforced distancing)?

3. What % KBS capacity would students plus season tix / YC people be (assuming they all showed up)?

I know we don’t have crystal balls, but being that an “altered or delayed schedule, with limited fans” is what has been floating around, I was wondering about everyone’s thoughts. Just seems like a logistical nightmare.... But I’ll take it!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:58 pm

One option:

- An allotment that goes to Season ticket holders (upper levels).

- Another allotment goes to students based on a lottery system, no guest tickets unless tickets are unclaimed.

- if room in upper sections, go to half season ticket packages.

I assume three seats in between season ticket holder groups. We’ll go back to your traditional seating location in 2021. For 2020 we’ll start at mid field and push tickets holders over based upon groupings and open seats.

Student seating could be tougher if spacing is required (too soon to know). But there is time to consider options there.

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:58 pm
One option:

- An allotment that goes to Season ticket holders (upper levels).

- Another allotment goes to students based on a lottery system, no guest tickets unless tickets are unclaimed.

- if room in upper sections, go to half season ticket packages.

I assume three seats in between season ticket holder groups. We’ll go back to your traditional seating location in 2021. For 2020 we’ll start at mid field and push tickets holders over based upon groupings and open seats.

Student seating could be tougher if spacing is required (too soon to know). But there is time to consider options there.
Thanks! I agree, that could be a viable option.

I had thought about a student lottery myself, realizing all students wouldn’t attend regardless. But at the same time, there are a lot of high end YC seats that sometimes go unused too. My hope would be that anyone who has the opportunity to be there takes full advantage of it... till 0:00!

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu May 28, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi, IPTAY member here. I dont do season tickets with them. But they've got their shit figured out. They/we are just playing the waiting game to see what happens before they take someones season ticket away. No one wants to see that happen, but fortunately/unfortunately it's going to come down to priority. Even here in Boone if they restrict seating.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:12 pm

There are ~7,000 season tickets sold each year. I believe you could spread those out (with two-three seats in between) pretty well in the upper decks.

Box seats just assume those people are all together so no issue there. The rub is going to be the club seats, you can't spread those out as easily, and people that pay that kind of money aren't always the easiest to please in these situations.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Speaking for the club seaters...you can put the guys on the dang hill. Just play the game and let us watch. Might be best if our wives are in the upstairs though. :roll:

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:22 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:12 pm
There are ~7,000 season tickets sold each year. I believe you could spread those out (with two-three seats in between) pretty well in the upper decks.

Box seats just assume those people are all together so no issue there. The rub is going to be the club seats, you can't spread those out as easily, and people that pay that kind of money aren't always the easiest to please in these situations.
So, if all season ticket holders were allowed in, that would be right at (maybe just shy) of 25% capacity... If they do the fan reduction thing at all, I wouldn’t think they would allow more than 50% (at least for starters). But again, I’m just wondering out loud... Another question... would they base capacity on bleachers / actual seats, or WOULD the bank be included?

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:40 am

The bank is included for fire code purposes. Deck space is included in summer pool capacity calculations.

Bank space will be included.

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:51 am

It'd be a weird world if our season ticket sales increased somehow due to restrictions on going to a game unless you have them.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”