Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Universities report covid cases in athletics

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Universities report covid cases in athletics

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:01 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:55 am
ASU84 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:40 pm
asu66 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:01 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:55 am
23 Clemson football players test positive:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/us/clems ... index.html

(CNN)At least 28 Clemson University athletes and staff have tested positive for coronavirus, including 23 football players, according to the university's athletics department.

So far this month, 315 Clemson student-athletes and staff have been tested for Covid-19, and 28 of those tests came back positive, the athletics department confirmed Friday in a news release.
Of the 23 football players, two are from last week's initial round of testing, a Clemson spokesman told CNN.
"Clemson has notified and isolated each of those individuals who tested positive for a period of at least 10 days," the release said. Close contacts of the individuals have been asked to self-quarantine for at least 14 days as well.
"Most of the total cases have been asymptomatic, and none have required hospitalization," according to the release. "As community transmission continues throughout the area, it is advised that individuals monitor for symptoms."
"Clemson has notified and isolated each of those individuals who tested positive for a period of at least 10 days," the release said. Close contacts of the individuals have been asked to self-quarantine for at least 14 days as well."

OK, Clemson...you're justifying the difference between the 10 day quarantine period for "student-athletes" and the 14 day quarantine period for "close contacts" just how? Just what scientific data was that decision based upon?
Because they are the stars of the show and they have to have them back. Their acquaintances are not. It's what benefits the "team" and not the "others."
Not sure about that but there is a difference between already being sick and just having been exposed. It's my understanding that it takes about 14 days for symptoms to develope. PGA is doing the same thing for those who test positive. Maybe after 10 days you're no longer contagious. I really think the test should be available for all. I was told Red Cross is doing antibody testing on all blood donors. Im looking for a blood drive because I'm curious and I also haven't donated in awhile.

I gave blood last Monday afternoon and they didn't mention any tests that haven't been traditionally given.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:32 pm

They are testing the blood, always have, just never announced it before unless they found something. That is what those little test tubes are far.
Bring Your A Game!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:33 am

huskie3 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:32 pm
They are testing the blood, always have, just never announced it before unless they found something. That is what those little test tubes are far.
I realize they test blood but had no idea they tested for COVID-19. I've been giving blood for over 50 years except the 6 months or so when my iron was low (according to their new standard a couple years ago).

One thing I like about the Red Cross is that they send me a card telling me where my blood goes. Mine is a rare blood type..roughly 8 % of the population. Last time it went to an adolescent female in Apex who had (has) leukemia. Of course they don't give the name of the individual.
Last edited by NewApp on Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:10 am

Today I realized that we probably won't play this fall.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”