Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tar Heels recruiting

Neer86
School: Appalachian State

Re: Tar Heels recruiting

Unread post by Neer86 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:12 pm

mike87 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm
Neer86 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm
mike87 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:22 pm
If they don't find a way to start winning we should seriously re-evaluate our future games. Likely to find ourselves in a no-win position where beating them is expected but a loss could hurt our NY6 or playoff potential. I mean, we really need to get ranked opponents for out OOC games.
they're already ranked in some preseason polls for this year, and they're talking up their QB as a Heisman candidate for 2021. They also play in weak division in a weak football conference. They'll be ranked for most of the foreseeable future.
Relax brother. it was a joke.
the fact I fell for it shows how high our program has risen. It's a good time to be a Mountaineer.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:09 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:49 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:18 pm
I have zero love for the Tarheels but they are the epitome of the "sleeping giant" where football is concerned. They have tons of resources and an rabid fan base (although pointed toward basketball mostly). They have under achieved for years but we are kidding ourselves if we fail to acknowledge that they are a hire away from being a genuine force. Mack had them on track previously and he just might have enough left to do it again.
Everything you said is about UNC is true but can also be said about NCSU football and look where they are. Mack is an exceptional recruiter for players and coordinators. There might be a UNC version Dabo Sweeney out there waiting for Mack to retire but I'm not holding my breath.

UNC would do well with a coach with the mind set of Bronco Mendenhall who is looking for a place to stay and not be the #1 program on campus. FB coaches are Prima Madonnas so finding this type of guy will be tough. UNC will likely follow the USC/Duke plan and hire older successful coaches with a name so they can keep up the momentum Mack has/will build
I completely agree! NCSU is also one of those historical under-achievers with tons of potential. The difference is they don't have an upswing in process (like UNC appears to have). Frankly, the struggles these two programs have had just give me more gratitude for the success we have had at App. There are a lot of well financed P5 programs out there who can't seem to get traction. It's really amazing what we have accomplished!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:10 am

Neer86 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm
mike87 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:22 pm
If they don't find a way to start winning we should seriously re-evaluate our future games. Likely to find ourselves in a no-win position where beating them is expected but a loss could hurt our NY6 or playoff potential. I mean, we really need to get ranked opponents for out OOC games.
they're already ranked in some preseason polls for this year, and they're talking up their QB as a Heisman candidate for 2021. They also play in weak division in a weak football conference. They'll be ranked for most of the foreseeable future.
I'll reserve any judgement for Sam Howell until after this season. Yes he had bright moments last year but nothing about him screams "Heisman" just yet...that talk is a product of lazy sports writers not doing their homework on the rest of CFB.

Any halfway decent QB at UNC is going to get attention for all the reasons I stated previously. UNC is the favorite of the ACC and media therefore any mildly interesting thing there will get more attention than it deserves. Exhibit A: Mitch Trubisky

Their division is super easy...as always their turds smell like roses

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:49 pm

Silent Sam was a Tarheel.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”