Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Eric Church

Saint3333

Re: Eric Church

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:15 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:22 pm
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:17 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:09 pm
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:40 pm
Well, we're not in the Orange Bowl, so he couldn't do that for us. Mack Brown and him are friends and he will also pull for Carolina, so who cares. Get our administration to ask him to do things, I'm sure he will. Do none of you pull for other teams also? I doubt it. Hell, I'm pulling for State right now and Carolina later. He happens to be in a position that people will want him to do things, all we can do is sit here and watch games. Get over it.
Sorry I only pull for App State.
I'll call BS - unless you don't watch any other games, I'm willing to be you pull for other teams.
You’d be wrong. I was a UNC fan until the day I got accepted to App State many years ago. Now I cheer for them to lose and fold the program. Along with all our instate rivals.

It’s App State and no one else.
It’s App State #1
Whoever needs to win or lose to help App State
Whoever I bet on number #3, and not betting on #1 or #2 is a rule for me.

ah59396
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:18 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:05 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:54 pm

Listen, he’s a bum. All non-app State fans are bums. My UNCC brother in law? Bum.

Eric Church and people that attended App but don’t cheer for App are ESPECIALLY bums.

If there’s one place where I can jokingly come complain about this particular bum, you’d think it’d be here, Yosef’s Cabin. But we’ve got white knights like you here to defend his honor. If me rightfully calling Church a bum bothers you, ignore it.
You are quite the joker indeed, because you the feelings by some of this board toward EC are quite real. But you can hide behind a "joke" premise if you'd like. "White knight," hardly. Rightfully calling him a bum? Now there is a good joke. I'm glad you finally got to the punch like that only what you think is right matters. I applaud you for your honesty. If me calling you out bothers you, ignore it.
Yes, I am a joker. My avatar is a picture of Nicholas Cage...

You’ve peaked my curiosity a bit here though. I have incentive, as a die hard App fan, to make fun of Church for being a turncoat and a bum (which he is). It’s funny to call someone a bum, plus App has a long history of having to punch up at UNC in order to gain in state prominence.

Certainly having one our more famous alumni openly cheering for UNC continues that perception of App as a second class citizen.

So I’m curious why you’re so defensive of it? What’s your incentive, on the App State message board, of defending the behavior of someone like Church? Are you a big fan of his music or something? Genuinely curious.
YNWA

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:28 pm

ah59396 wrote:

You’ve peaked my curiosity a bit here though. I have incentive, as a die hard App fan, to make fun of Church for being a turncoat and a bum (which he is). It’s funny to call someone a bum, plus App has a long history of having to punch up at UNC in order to gain in state prominence.

Certainly having one our more famous alumni openly cheering for UNC continues that perception of App as a second class citizen.

So I’m curious why you’re so defensive of it? What’s your incentive, on the App State message board, of defending the behavior of someone like Church? Are you a big fan of his music or something? Genuinely curious.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:34 pm

App State and ONLY App State.

Screw EVERYONE else.

Eric Church is a douche and yes he’s a freakin’ bum. Screw him too.

GO APPS!!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:39 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:18 pm
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

Listen, he’s a bum. All non-app State fans are bums. My UNCC brother in law? Bum.

Eric Church and people that attended App but don’t cheer for App are ESPECIALLY bums.

If there’s one place where I can jokingly come complain about this particular bum, you’d think it’d be here, Yosef’s Cabin. But we’ve got white knights like you here to defend his honor. If me rightfully calling Church a bum bothers you, ignore it.
You are quite the joker indeed, because you the feelings by some of this board toward EC are quite real. But you can hide behind a "joke" premise if you'd like. "White knight," hardly. Rightfully calling him a bum? Now there is a good joke. I'm glad you finally got to the punch like that only what you think is right matters. I applaud you for your honesty. If me calling you out bothers you, ignore it.

Nicholas Cage is no joke. He wrote the constitution in 60 seconds.

I wouldn't call it defensive of anything. It is just a matter of calling out a fellow app poster who continues to cry about something that doesn't matter. When people think of Eric Church they don't think about where he went to college, why, because no one cares. When people think about that country singer who went to NC state they don't think about his college because they don't care. Without looking on the internet, can you tell me where Art Garfunkel went to college? What about Tom Morello? What about Jim Morrison? What about Snoop Dog? What about Ludacris? Don't bother, because without searching the internet you couldn't tell me because it doesn't matter. I wouldn't know either because it doesn't matter.

I suppose I find it more fascinating than anything that you are so obsessed with this guy and what he does. Did he kick your dog and hook up with your wife? Did he give you a dirty look?

I'm also fascinated in all the ways you are attempting to turn this on me because you don't have anything of real substance for this.

I actually don't care for his music. I'm not a fan of the bro/pop country. I will say though that when fans go on and on about this kind of mess it doesn't sound like a joke, it sounds like jealousy, further shoving our reputation in to your idea of second class schools just showing jealousy.

I would like you to fill this out so we can properly assess the damage Mr. Church has caused you. I'm genuinely curious.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:50 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:39 pm
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

I wouldn't call it defensive of anything. It is just a matter of calling out a fellow app poster who continues to cry about something that doesn't matter. When people think of Eric Church they don't think about where he went to college, why, because no one cares. When people think about that country singer who went to NC state they don't think about his college because they don't care. Without looking on the internet, can you tell me where Art Garfunkel went to college? What about Tom Morello? What about Jim Morrison? What about Snoop Dog? What about Ludacris? Don't bother, because without searching the internet you couldn't tell me because it doesn't matter. I wouldn't know either because it doesn't matter.

I suppose I find it more fascinating than anything that you are so obsessed with this guy and what he does. Did he kick your dog and hook up with your wife? Did he give you a dirty look?

I'm also fascinated in all the ways you are attempting to turn this on me because you don't have anything of real substance for this.

I actually don't care for his music. I'm not a fan of the bro/pop country. I will say though that when fans go on and on about this kind of mess it doesn't sound like a joke, it sounds like jealousy, further shoving our reputation in to your idea of second class schools just showing jealousy.

I would like you to fill this out so we can properly assess the damage Mr. Church has caused you. I'm genuinely curious.

He’s a bum, plain and simple. I’m unwilling to waver an ounce on it. Like AppState24 said above, it’s App State and screw everyone else.

And as I said, if I’m crying about Eric Church, you’re most certainly crying about me making fun of him. Pot meet kettle.
YNWA

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:14 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:40 pm
Well, we're not in the Orange Bowl, so he couldn't do that for us. Mack Brown and him are friends and he will also pull for Carolina, so who cares. Get our administration to ask him to do things, I'm sure he will. Do none of you pull for other teams also? I doubt it. Hell, I'm pulling for State right now and Carolina later. He happens to be in a position that people will want him to do things, all we can do is sit here and watch games. Get over it.
Agreed. I am mostly indifferent about UNC, but was thrilled when we beat them last year (one of my favorite App wins of all time). I, too, pulled for NC State today and really don't care what happens with the Tarheels game. I pull for Appalachian first and LSU second (kids graduated from LSU and I live in LA now), and only have an average fan interest at best in other games. It is no big deal to me if Eric Church or any other App graduate also pulls for other NC teams, though it is disappointing if that person does not readily acknowledge graduating from ASU. I think a little less obsession with UNC is a good thing.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:53 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:59 pm
Cant believe a celebrity didn’t want to appear at the MB bowl.

Don’t forget App fans turned their back on the intro song he offered for the football team.
Because it sucked....
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:01 pm

appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

I remember watching ESPN and Quevo from Migos went on to tell a story about how he always wanted to go to App State and he couldn't get in. But he wanted to and then picked us to win the game.
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:10 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:32 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:24 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:21 pm
Dude is trying to sell his music. Anything that gets his name out there keeps people buying his music. Using UNC as way to keep his name out there is a good marketing scheme. Its not about the schools, its about the money and making more of it. If I were in his shoes I would probably do the same thing. When I continue to bring loads of money home to create generational wealth I would have a smile on my face even when reading about butt hurt sports fans who think that anyone who walks on the campus of a university somehow owes them a life time of loyalty.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selling_out
Sellout to what? To App? He doesn't owe Appalachian State anything. No one does. If any of us, and I mean Any of us were in a position to create generational wealth for our families we would all do it regardless of what BS you say on here. I am happy for his success and what he can do for his family and the organizations he donates money to. But by all means, continue to cry behind a keyboard on a message board to stoke some absurd idea that he is a sellout and somehow owes loyalty to a school.
I feel like I owe App State alot. Boone is where I found myself, my wife, got my 2 business degrees and fell in love with the black and gold. Because of my love for all things App, I got season tickets and made a lot of friends over the years. One of my best friends now is someone I met in the stands at a game and our mutual friendship has opened doors for both of us in multiple ways.

So yeah, some of us respect what makes App State and Boone the most special place on earth.
The Appalachian State

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:24 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:50 pm
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

He’s a bum, plain and simple. I’m unwilling to waver an ounce on it. Like AppState24 said above, it’s App State and screw everyone else.

And as I said, if I’m crying about Eric Church, you’re most certainly crying about me making fun of him. Pot meet kettle.
Sigh.....all you can do is make a pitiful deflecting comment by continuing to say I am cry as well about you. Oh well, like I said, whatever makes you feel better about yourself since you have no substance on this and just sound like a jealous ex. You can call me a cryer, a bum, whatever makes you feel good. Instead of giving him free rental space in your head, why don't you make time to post things about people who support our school and rep App? I rarely see such posts to out weigh the crying from posts like yours on this. So instead of stomping your feet saying "whaa, what, why doesn't he like us, what," post about people who do. I just wish those that out so much jealous energy in to hating this guy would put the same in to publicly support others instead.

Or you could just start another ten posts like this to continue to make fans look like pitiful crybaby's.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:26 pm

Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:50 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:24 pm
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:

Sigh.....all you can do is make a pitiful deflecting comment by continuing to say I am cry as well about you. Oh well, like I said, whatever makes you feel better about yourself since you have no substance on this and just sound like a jealous ex. You can call me a cryer, a bum, whatever makes you feel good. Instead of giving him free rental space in your head, why don't you make time to post things about people who support our school and rep App? I rarely see such posts to out weigh the crying from posts like yours on this. So instead of stomping your feet saying "whaa, what, why doesn't he like us, what," post about people who do. I just wish those that out so much jealous energy in to hating this guy would put the same in to publicly support others instead.

Or you could just start another ten posts like this to continue to make fans look like pitiful crybaby's.
You’re not a bum if you’re an app state fan.

What’s worse, calling Erich Church a bum for ten posts or defending Eric Church for 10 posts?
YNWA

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:29 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:50 pm
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

What’s worse, calling Erich Church a bum for ten posts or defending Eric Church for 10 posts?
Giving Eric Church your energy, time, and a place on this message board is worse because the second thing wouldn't have happened without the first. I'm not defending Church because I don't really care what he does, it's his life and I don't obsess over it and I don't give him free marketing. I am saying this obsessive hatred is just silly and makes App sound like a jealous Ex.

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:39 pm

Wont jump his case too much. Probably grew up a Car fan. Fine. But if you went to App, you could root for both. Funny thing is, I'd get it if they were Alabama and won a shit-ton of Natties. Unc has been horrendous most yrs. Has never been great....And got their ass beat by App. Does anyone have a pic of him during the App game? What a shithead

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:45 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:29 pm
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:

Giving Eric Church your energy, time, and a place on this message board is worse because the second thing wouldn't have happened without the first. I'm not defending Church because I don't really care what he does, it's his life and I don't obsess over it and I don't give him free marketing. I am saying this obsessive hatred is just silly and makes App sound like a jealous Ex.
Oh Appdaze, you’re giving me far too much credit. if you think he’s getting any “free marketing” out of some bozo like me calling him a bum, you’re sadly mistaken.

But you’re definitely defending him.
YNWA

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:52 pm

Church is a bum. Kick their A$$holes, Aggies!
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:01 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:45 pm
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

Oh Appdaze, you’re giving me far too much credit. if you think he’s getting any “free marketing” out of some bozo like me calling him a bum, you’re sadly mistaken.

If you are talking about him on a public website then yes that is free publicity however small it may be. Again, you can say whatever makes you feel good about yourself about me, its all good. Since you are his new cheerleader I think I will ship you one of those Eric Church App hoodies someone posted here.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:13 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:01 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:45 pm
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:

If you are talking about him on a public website then yes that is free publicity however small it may be. Again, you can say whatever makes you feel good about yourself about me, its all good. Since you are his new cheerleader I think I will ship you one of those Eric Church App hoodies someone posted here.
Hahaha I would wear that for the laughs, please do.
YNWA

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:20 pm

Personally, I don't care for his brand of Nashville-style "bro country." I don't give him or his music a second thought until I see his name mentioned here. Is there a way to ignore topics the same way I can set posters to ignore?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”