Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Eric Church

CoachRob
School: Appalachian State

Re: Eric Church

Unread post by CoachRob » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:44 pm

Love me some Eric Church. Been to his concert past two years in the Greensboro coliseum. Always puts on a great show. Not sure where or how the poster above thinks his music is "bro country", but it definitely isn't. The guy grew up right outside of hickory so I support about any country music star from NC. Add the fact he's an App state grad makes it even better. Just because he pulls for another instate team besides App doesn't mean I will no longer enjoy his music, go to his shows, or support him.

Those spending and wasting their time hating on him are showing their biased against his music or team he also pulls for.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:46 pm

Never seen that ... hate it's already past christmas, I want.

Great find

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:15 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:13 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:01 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:45 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:29 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:50 pm

Hahaha I would wear that for the laughs, please do.
Finally you show your true colors. I had a sneaking suspicion from the start that this was the case. Its like grade school. You are picking on him because you have a secret crush on him and are a closet tarhole. That explains it all, because no one could cry to the degree that you have unless they were a tarhole or Adam Morrison.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:17 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:15 pm
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:

Finally you show your true colors. I had a sneaking suspicion from the start that this was the case. Its like grade school. You are picking on him because you have a secret crush on him and are a closet tarhole. That explains it all, because no one could cry to the degree that you have unless they were a tarhole or Adam Morrison.
Adam Morrison
:lol:
The Appalachian State

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:48 pm

appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:

I’m about to sue you for slander like Teddy Gallagher’s dad if you keep that up Appdaze. Does Yosefs Cabin have something similar to Night Court?

My college allegiances solely lie with App State (in all sports) and my music preferences don’t go near bro country, as you appropriately labeled it.

Instead of the awful Eric church hoodie purchase, I challenge you to donate to a mountaineer brother in need!

YNWA

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:04 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:48 pm
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

I’m about to sue you for slander like Teddy Gallagher’s dad if you keep that up Appdaze. Does Yosefs Cabin have something similar to Night Court?

My college allegiances solely lie with App State (in all sports) and my music preferences don’t go near bro country, as you appropriately labeled it.

Instead of the awful Eric church hoodie purchase, I challenge you to donate to a mountaineer brother in need!

According to his twitter he made his cash goal already. Literally just today, which is awesome. A big thanks goes to Louisiana because it looks like some of their fanbase donated as well. Thats badass from those fans.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:06 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:04 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:48 pm
appdaze wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
appdaze wrote:

According to his twitter he made his cash goal already. Literally just today, which is awesome. A big thanks goes to Louisiana because it looks like some of their fanbase donated as well. Thats badass from those fans.
Yeah the Cajuns are good people. I believe some Georgia Southern fans did as well. Love to see it.
YNWA

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:37 pm

If any of y’all who are upset over Eric Church want a pick me up, go check out Luke Combs interview on Scott Van Pelts podcast (SVPod), it’s a really good listen and i gotta say it was pretty cool to hear a story about Town Tavern and Parthenon on an ESPN platform with arguably their biggest personality.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/s ... cb9a1c7829

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:04 pm

When we were a fan base divided over an election, I expected it. When we were a fan base divided over shoulder stripes, I was a bit surprised, but expected it. Even when we were a fan base divided over ice in cups, I begrudgingly accepted. When we became a fan base divided over whether or not a random guy who happens to be popular singing songs is a bum or not? Didn't see that.

For the record, I support App and NC State. You know why? I graduated from both. If they played each other, I'd pull for App. I will never, truly never, understand why people pull for colleges they did not attend or did not pay for their family members to attend. In my opinion, I try to equate it to professional sports; if I paid for Carolina Panthers season tickets, would I pull for Dallas if they played each other? Would I record a Dallas fan video?

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:40 pm

Guess some folks were not at the carolina game. He is a jerk.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:46 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:40 pm
Get our administration to ask him to do things, I'm sure he will.
They do, repeatedly. And he gives money but does not and will not advertise/promote us. UNC is paying him money to do these videos -- we can't afford that.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:00 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:59 pm
Don’t forget App fans turned their back on the intro song he offered for the football team.
Because it sucked.

Only times he outwardly promoted App was wearing a jersey at a concert once I believed after Michigan and then the Miami game when App released his brand of clothing. That's it.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:29 am

T-Dog wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:00 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:59 pm
Don’t forget App fans turned their back on the intro song he offered for the football team.
Because it sucked.

Only times he outwardly promoted App was wearing a jersey at a concert once I believed after Michigan and then the Miami game when App released his brand of clothing. That's it.
Cam said intro song be posted here?
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:45 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:29 am

Can said intro song be posted here?
I’m assuming this one, this is the only one I know about.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:33 am

Who cares? His music sucks and can pull for any school he wants to. It's like a bunch of high school girl drama around here regarding this guy. Not once in real life have I ever heard another App fan say anything about Eric Church as it relates to UNC. Not once, not ever.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:40 am

Eric Church aside, I don't listen to the current country music. I'm old school myself:

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:56 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:45 am
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:29 am

Can said intro song be posted here?
I’m assuming this one, this is the only one I know about.

I seem to remember this. At the time I would not have recognized Eric by his face. I guess I still don't. In fact I was in a Roses just before Christmas and they had a CD of his in the bargain rack. He was the front CD and I noticed the name but my first thought was, "That is Eric Church?" But I don't follow country music and certainly not modern country, so that is not a cut against Eric but more an admission I don't know country artists by appearance.

His music is not what I listen to but it is not that bad for an intro. Though I am not sure if we were promoting App State Football or Eric Church. Things like this, IMHO, are better if there is only one thing being promoted. This had a little too much self-promotion for my taste. Same with the Eric Church clothes that were co-branded and introduced at the Miami game. Having a small EC logo off to the side is fine or have an EC shirt with a small App State logo but splitting it down the middle sends to much of a mixed signal. I want to ask myself, "Am I here for the App football or Eric Church."

I do wonder how much Eric is doing this for his love of UNC-CHeat versus being pissed that the App State items seemed to have bombed versus his managers thinking playing to the UNC-CHeat fan base is a positive career move versus he is getting paid for all of his work with UNC-CHeat and he is doing it for the $.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:24 pm

Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:04 pm
When we were a fan base divided over an election, I expected it. When we were a fan base divided over shoulder stripes, I was a bit surprised, but expected it. Even when we were a fan base divided over ice in cups, I begrudgingly accepted. When we became a fan base divided over whether or not a random guy who happens to be popular singing songs is a bum or not? Didn't see that.

For the record, I support App and NC State. You know why? I graduated from both. If they played each other, I'd pull for App. I will never, truly never, understand why people pull for colleges they did not attend or did not pay for their family members to attend. In my opinion, I try to equate it to professional sports; if I paid for Carolina Panthers season tickets, would I pull for Dallas if they played each other? Would I record a Dallas fan video?
I think people pull for other teams based on their situation. I was born in Syracuse NY, I rooted for the Orangemen my whole life, went to countless B-ball and Football games with family and loved ones. We moved to NC when I was young, but I grew up in an Orange house. Presents every year were Syracuse clothes, it was my team for 18 years, emotionally connected to say the least.

Then I went to App.

I don't tune into the games like I used to, my donations, clothing, time, passion is all Black and Gold. I drive from Raleigh for every game, and give all that I can to YOSEF. But, I still root for the Orange, as they are a distant second of my overall college fandom; you just can't turn that kind of history and family connection off. Like you, its laughable to even ask the question who I would root for should they ever play each other (App vs Syr). Of all the conversations I have seen on this board over the years, I feel like those who take a hard line on this are being exceptionally closed minded and unwilling to see others perspectives. I do understand some examples, like rooting for say UNC over the Apps in Basketball, etc, but to draw a hard line and question my passion for APP b/c I happen to like another team, well, that's sad and inflexible imo. It should be noted that this is not directed at you, yet is a response to the question you posted.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:24 pm

Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:04 pm

I grew up watching UNC basketball/football. It was on in my house and if we went to my grandparents house and UNC was playing, you best believe it was on. I became a fan because it was what we watched. I also went to the same high school as Roy Williams and his basketball coach was my drivers ed teacher. I still watch UNC games when they are on. App will always be #1 in my heart, but I have no problem saying I cheer for UNC.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:35 pm

App_in_Maiden wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:24 pm
I grew up watching UNC basketball/football. It was on in my house and if we went to my grandparents house and UNC was playing, you best believe it was on. I became a fan because it was what we watched. I also went to the same high school as Roy Williams and his basketball coach was my drivers ed teacher. I still watch UNC games when they are on. App will always be #1 in my heart, but I have no problem saying I cheer for UNC.
I had a similar family experience growing up, and my family is full of people that attended and graduated from UNCHEAT, but I quit pulling for the holes long ago. It turns out everything about their storied program was built on lies, and they do a poor job of getting a return on all the money they have at their disposal. For me it's App and only App!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”